Sunrise/sunset photos and other photo opps

jlcrouse

Earning My Ears
Where is the best place to take sunrise/sunset photos at the resort? Any other must have photo shots?

This was taken at a wedding I attended at Lanikuhonua, just a little ways down the beach from Aulani. The grounds are private, but you can access the area by walking along the shoreline. There are some areas that are just wet rocks, no sand, so wear shoes with good traction. The wedding photographer said it's pretty common to see pink/purple sunsets like the one in the (unedited) photo during late winter/early spring.

Attachments

• 20170225-IMG_7334.jpg
    20170225-IMG_7334.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 38
This was taken at a wedding I attended at Lanikuhonua, just a little ways down the beach from Aulani. The grounds are private, but you can access the area by walking along the shoreline. There are some areas that are just wet rocks, no sand, so wear shoes with good traction. The wedding photographer said it's pretty common to see pink/purple sunsets like the one in the (unedited) photo during late winter/early spring.
Wow, that’s just gorgeous. What’s the name of the peak off in the distance? I found out once before but evidently never wrote it down....

There will be PhotoPass photographers on the beach every night at sunset. We had some beautiful photos made there each evening.

You can also hire a photographer through Aulani to take professional pix during sunset. We did and were very happy with the results.

sunrise photos at aulani itself...there isn't really a "good spot" anywhere..sunset theres quite a few (nearly anywhere near the ocean at aulani can be good)

aulani is basically on the wrong side of oahu for what most would consider good sunrise photos (hawaii kai through kailua is generally where you'd want to be for those)

sunrise photos at aulani itself...there isn't really a "good spot" anywhere..sunset theres quite a few (nearly anywhere near the ocean at aulani can be good)

aulani is basically on the wrong side of oahu for what most would consider good sunrise photos (hawaii kai through kailua is generally where you'd want to be for those)

I won't disagree with this, but the mornings are still quite pretty. Here's some snaps I took while getting my morning Starbucks near ABC.

vs sunset

Last edited:
if you wanna count sunrise pics without the sun, then shots of aulani itself at sunrise from either end of the lagoon can be good spots. the grotto and "volcano" can also be interesting.

Our favorite sunset pictures were taken out at the point to the southwest of the lagoon. If you are facing the lagoon with Aulani at your back, take the pathway to the left until you reach the space with grass, some rocks, and a few palm trees. Here is my favorite:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter