Sunset Grill Changes Chefs, Menu

kellymonaghan

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I just found out that Sunset Grill at HRH has a new chef and a new menu.

According to the Orlando Business Journal, it was decided that there wasn't room for another upscale eatery so the approach is being changed to "casual."

Too bad. I really liked the evening menu there.

Anyone one tried the new "casual" menu? Has it been phased in yet?

Kelly,
OH POOH!!!!!!!! I loved the Sunset Grill! I'm heading to Universal July 8th for 2 nights. I'll let you know what the new menu looks like and tastes like when I get back! Thanks for the heads up!!!

I was there last Friday night, we all had the ribs, and they were awful. They really were bad, overcooked with not much meat. We should have asked for our money back, but I didn't feel like the hassle.

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

I've been meaning to mention this change, which we discovered on our 6/10-13 stay at HRH.
To start with the breads and pesto dip, while desparately trying to imitate the original, were not even close to the rich delicious flavors I recall on my 1st visit last Feb. I wanted to order a wonderful pasta primavera I had before but it wasn't on the menu. The one I ended up with was bland and disappointing. We asked our waiter about the changes and he told us the chef and the menu were different. It sounded like Loew's wanted a menu that was less gourmet, more mainstream, and that was not her style. Well, I loved her style and I won't be rushing back to the Sunset Grille anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter