Super discouraged, what does it take to pass ROFR?

What years does Disney seem to declare in demand? Can this vary with resorts by chance?

What years does Disney seem to declare in demand? Can this vary with resorts by chance?

I don't understand your question. Are you talking about use years? Are you asking how does Disney determine how many points will be in each UY for a particular resort?

If that is what you are asking -- I have no idea. I'm guessing it has something to do with timing of different "buildings" being declared and ready for sale.

I don't understand your question. Are you talking about use years? Are you asking how does Disney determine how many points will be in each UY for a particular resort?

If that is what you are asking -- I have no idea. I'm guessing it has something to do with timing of different "buildings" being declared and ready for sale.
Sorry I wasn't clear. It was just a previous poster mentioned something about the original poster possibly buying an in demand use year which might have been changing the odds of ROFR passing? So I was thinking that maybe some use years are in higher demand than others?

Sorry I wasn't clear. It was just a previous poster mentioned something about the original poster possibly buying an in demand use year which might have been changing the odds of ROFR passing? So I was thinking that maybe some use years are in higher demand than others?

There are definitely some UYs that have more points than others. I don't know the exact % at each resort, but they are not split evenly amongst the different UYs. This difference in supply can make it harder to match later.

As an example, let's just assume there are only three UY -- and they are split 90%, 5%, 5% between Feb, Mar, April. If you bought an April UY, if you tried to do an add-on, you'd have a tough time since only 5% of the contracts would likely be the right UY.

So it's not so much of an "in demand" UY -- as it is an "in supply" UY.

There are definitely some UYs that have more points than others. I don't know the exact % at each resort, but they are not split evenly amongst the different UYs. This difference in supply can make it harder to match later.

As an example, let's just assume there are only three UY -- and they are split 90%, 5%, 5% between Feb, Mar, April. If you bought an April UY, if you tried to do an add-on, you'd have a tough time since only 5% of the contracts would likely be the right UY.

So it's not so much of an "in demand" UY -- as it is an "in supply" UY.
So if you were buying a contract that had a UY that was in lower supply, that might seem more valuable to Disney?

So if you were buying a contract that had a UY that was in lower supply, that might seem more valuable to Disney?
If you knew what they wanted, but I wouldn't worry about this issue other than in very select and specific circumstances basically like 0.001% of possible buyers. Just look for the best UY for you and only worry about it if you think that you're losing out repeated on that UY due to this issue or you don't care which UY at all. It's not worth buying a less good UY when UY is clearly an important issue for a given prospective member. It's better to keep trying.

I honestly don't think fulfilling their waitlists is high enough of a priority for disney to pay a premium. Otherwise, they'd ROFR everything and clear the waitlists out.

If you knew what they wanted, but I wouldn't worry about this issue other than in very select and specific circumstances basically like 0.001% of possible buyers. Just look for the best UY for you and only worry about it if you think that you're losing out repeated on that UY due to this issue or you don't care which UY at all. It's not worth buying a less good UY when UY is clearly an important issue for a given prospective member. It's better to keep trying.
Oh, I am not worried or concerned at all about it really. I just find it interesting. With wanting to buy 50 points max, I fully accept that if I find the right contract at the right price I am going to have to jump on it ASAP regardless of UY.

Oh, I am not worried or concerned at all about it really. I just find it interesting. With wanting to buy 50 points max, I fully accept that if I find the right contract at the right price I am going to have to jump on it ASAP regardless of UY.

at 50 points I would likely just buy direct. No sense in messing around with resale. These smaller contracts are going for way too high of a premium to make sense buying resale (at least in my opinion). Far too much effort in scouring websites and calling brokers, and then waiting through ROFR, closing, etc... With direct, the points show up in your account practically overnight. Plus you get the membership benefits. 50 points does not go very far -- but you could squeeze a couple of 4 day trips out of it in a studio -- which would make the discounted AP a nice deal.

at 50 points I would likely just buy direct. No sense in messing around with resale. These smaller contracts are going for way too high of a premium to make sense buying resale (at least in my opinion). Far too much effort in scouring websites and calling brokers, and then waiting through ROFR, closing, etc... With direct, the points show up in your account practically overnight. Plus you get the membership benefits. 50 points does not go very far -- but you could squeeze a couple of 4 day trips out of it in a studio -- which would make the discounted AP a nice deal.
Really? 50 points at Hilton Head resale vs. direct? If I were to get a contract at a price of no more than $75 a point, I will still be saving a great deal vs going direct with Disney, right? If you don't think I would, why not?

Really? 50 points at Hilton Head resale vs. direct? If I were to get a contract at a price of no more than $75 a point, I will still be saving a great deal vs going direct with Disney, right? If you don't think I would, why not?
Do you want to stay at WDW or Hilton head?

The MFs at Hilton head are very high. I would only buy a contract there if I was planning on using it there during the summer.

Do you want to stay at WDW or Hilton head?

The MFs at Hilton head are very high. I would only buy a contract there if I was planning on using it there during the summer.
Yes I will use it there at the resort and some during the summer, but you know, you made me think. I could go there in the off season, even when it is still rather warm, say in September. Kinda like I am next month on a cash reservation. But would also use points at WDW as well during the off season there too.

Isn't Hilton Head direct from Disney like around $115 a point? How much do they get for Saratoga Springs direct now a days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!