Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a two night stay booked July 5th - July 7th. Will I need to call in to cancel that/find out more info, or will Disney reach out to me? I booked direct with Disneyland Hotel.

I know this was just announced, but has anyone been contacted yet or called Disney yet? Have you received an offer for discounted rooms and a resort credit for any July dates that are now affected with this new announcement?
If you don't reach out to cancel/reschedule they will eventually email and then call you. Atleast thats what happened with my May trip.

If you don't reach out to cancel/reschedule they will eventually email and then call you. Atleast thats what happened with my May trip.

Good to hear, guess I’ll give them a call then. If anyone happens to call before I get a chance, please post if you were offered the discount/resort credit. If you were not offered it and you asked for it, did they honor it? The old offer only had the 30% discount applying till the first or second week of October (but resort credit applied to any stay through end of year), any update on if the 30% has been extended would be great!

Also, for anyone that has already received discount/resort credit, has anyone tried to apply it to more than one stay? I normally stay 4 night (Sun-Thur), then stay over at Universal Studios for a couple nights, and then Disney again for one night (Sat-Sun) since I fly in and out of SNA. Would love even if I could just get the $50/night resort credit on BOTH those Disney stays, lol.

(obviously I’ll ask all these questions when I call, but I’m not sure I’ll get around to that today so if someone beats me to it...)

Pretty sad about the news trip is scheduled July1-6. It was our last chance this year to go. Our next trip is going to be with the high school band next April (we hope). My family and I knew this was a long shot booking but we held a sliver of hope.

I have had a trip rescheduled from March to Easter to right now (sad...) to July to October. The July trip is on the rebooking discount from the Easter trip (35% off at GCH and $50/night room credit). The October one was a rebook from the ”right now” May/June trip but it falls after 10/3, so that only has the room credit. Yesterday I decided to book a stay in August, just in case we can’t go in July due to closure or just don’t want to travel then. I was also concerned that they might lock out any new hotel reservations once the park opening date is announced, like they just did at WDW. When I called last night, I asked if I could get the 35% off and room credit for the August stay I wanted to book, and he needed my old confirmation number to prove I had a reservation that didn’t go due to the closure (he could see that the reservation was already rebooked for July with the rebooking discount, and he said that I could still get the discount for these August dates since I had a cancelled reservation even though I had already rebooked that one; I had wondered if it had to be 1:1, ie one reservation cancelled equals one new reservation with the discount; it did not). I did offer to cancel the July reservation if that was needed to get the discount for August, and he said it was not needed. He did point out that yesterday was the last day to book that offer (35% off and $50 credit). I had forgotten that there was a deadline for booking, with the early October deadline for the actual stay. I don’t know if you can still book for the $50 room credit offer only or not.

I felt very lucky that I called last night, as the 35% at the GCH for 5 nights makes a huge dent in the price.

I am still unsure how I will feel about flying or staying in a hotel by August, but I have the option now. Also, I have a Flex Pass, and I have no idea how they will handle admission to the parks during the initial phase, so I may not even be able to get in. In any case, I have options to go July, August and October. We will see!

Good to hear, guess I’ll give them a call then. If anyone happens to call before I get a chance, please post if you were offered the discount/resort credit. If you were not offered it and you asked for it, did they honor it? The old offer only had the 30% discount applying till the first or second week of October (but resort credit applied to any stay through end of year), any update on if the 30% has been extended would be great!

Also, for anyone that has already received discount/resort credit, has anyone tried to apply it to more than one stay? I normally stay 4 night (Sun-Thur), then stay over at Universal Studios for a couple nights, and then Disney again for one night (Sat-Sun) since I fly in and out of SNA. Would love even if I could just get the $50/night resort credit on BOTH those Disney stays, lol.

(obviously I’ll ask all these questions when I call, but I’m not sure I’ll get around to that today so if someone beats me to it...)

To answer this a little more directly than my post above:
*date to book 35% off and $50 credit was last night per my CM
*I’m not sure if the deadline to book for only $50 credit was last night or not
*you must have a reservation that was cancelled during the closure to get the rebooking discount (they asked for the reservation # of my canceled reservation before they applied the discount to my new reservation)
*you can book more than one stay with the discount as long as you have at least one canceled reservation during closure
*visit can’t be past 10/3/20 to get the 35% off Plus $50
*visit can‘t be past 12/30 (??not sure of exact date) for the $50/night credit only

To answer this a little more directly than my post above:
*date to book 35% off and $50 credit was last night per my CM
*I’m not sure if the deadline to book for only $50 credit was last night or not
*you must have a reservation that was cancelled during the closure to get the rebooking discount (they asked for the reservation # of my canceled reservation before they applied the discount to my new reservation)
*you can book more than one stay with the discount as long as you have at least one canceled reservation during closure
*visit can’t be past 10/3/20 to get the 35% off Plus $50
*visit can‘t be past 12/30 (??not sure of exact date) for the $50/night credit only

So I have a reservation for July 5th to 7th that I booked May 13th of this year. Admittedly it was booked after the initial closure was announced and while the parks were still closed, BUT, someone else had confirmed that they had booked a stay AFTER the park’s were closed for May (when everyone was still optimistic it would be a short closure) and when May got blocked out as closed they DID still get offered the discount & room credit. So I kinda thought this booking should qualify.... I didn’t see any official terms saying the original reservation must have been made before such and such date, etc. Granted, everything has been so fly by the seat of the pants that Disney hasn’t come out with iron clad terms and conditions on stuff like they usually have...

I did however forget that people did say there was a rebook by date to qualify and it clearly sounds like I’m past that window based on your information.

I’m also very worried about limited reservations during an initial reopen or flat out declining new reservations like WDW. I know this isn’t for speculation, so I hope this doesn’t get removed since I’m honestly trying to crowd source some advice on the best “cover my butt method” & any newly learned information... but I’m in the same boat as you. I desperately want to do an October trip if the parks are open in any decent capacity... honestly even more so if rides are mostly all open but attendance is capped. As an adult with no kids, that almost would be an unheard of ability to just ride stuff back to back all day. Parades, fireworks, characters all seriously add to the whimsy, but aren’t make it or break it for a 34 year old :P

What’s the crowd sourced advice? Should I call tomorrow & rebook via the phone for Oct 18-22 even if no discount or resort credit is offered? Should I make no new reservations & hold off a few days to see if Disney extends that existing discount offer or offers a new one? Or should I hold off on calling for a few days or weeks, or wait for Disney to call me BUT, make a new booking now for October and just float the deposit on a credit card right now? I’m from out of state and also have a FlexPass...

Has anyone had an existing reservation for later in the year that Disney has just been able to apply the discount to, or have they had to make a NEW reservations to get the discount? (Because then I could potentially have THREE deposits on my card until two refunds come by... which is doable, but annoying at ~$585 each...)

It is being posted here (Disneyland Community Board) and on IG that the partial AP refunds are beginning to appear. If you haven't already called to request this option, you might want to call now to make sure that you will receive yours.
If your AP is fully paid and you don't want the partial refund, just the extension, you do not need to call. But if you are fully paid and you do want the partial refund, no extension, call now.
If you are on the monthly payment plan and you want the partial refund, no extension, you do not need to call. If you are on the payment plan and want the extension, no partial refund, you will need to call.

If your AP is fully paid and you don't want the partial refund, just the extension, you do not need to call. But if you are fully paid and you do want the partial refund, no extension, call now.

Has there been any clarification on how the extension (or refund) would work? I hesitate to make either choice without knowing the exact details. I can't imagine if they are only allowing limited visitors that that would be counted as part of the extension but will it be? And will the refund include the maxpass? I'm feeling like even if the extension starts at park opening we should still get partial refunds just for the maxpass portion since that really isn't usable with social distancing and masks and potentially no fast passes. If some people are now starting to get refunds shouldn't there be more details available somewhere?

Has there been any clarification on how the extension (or refund) would work? I hesitate to make either choice without knowing the exact details. I can't imagine if they are only allowing limited visitors that that would be counted as part of the extension but will it be? And will the refund include the maxpass? I'm feeling like even if the extension starts at park opening we should still get partial refunds just for the maxpass portion since that really isn't usable with social distancing and masks and potentially no fast passes. If some people are now starting to get refunds shouldn't there be more details available somewhere?
This is my question. I am on board with an extension of my fully paid AP. But I don’t think the “clock” should start running until operations are at least close to back to normal.

If the park is closed for four months, and opens back up with relatively close to normal operations, then I’m fine with them adding four months onto my AP.

If the park is closed for four months, and then opens with difficult to get reservations, no MP/FP, very limited dining, etc... then they should offer some kind of refund for the loss in functionality of the AP, or a longer extension.

I’d be fine with a longer-than-closed extension, because that would help make up for the potentially increased difficulty of getting into the park, and the loss of other things. How much longer of an extension, I don’t know. Depends on the circumstances of the reopening.

But I would hate for the park to be closed for four months, open up with heavy restrictions, and then they just tack four months onto my existing AP. That wouldn’t feel right.

Confirming a success, a sad one, but still a success for DH and me - both seniors (63).

On Friday, I emailed and requested cancellation of my DH’s and my Flex APs which we purchased on February 8th. Ticketing replied to say I needed to call for assistance.

The AP CM told me I couldn’t cancel nor transfer to family members because it was a signed contract. My refund for the closure period remained in effect.

I sent the same email to Ken Potrock’s office along with additional info - especially addressing the COVID-19 Warnings at all the parks, and asked, “is DL able to grant goodwill cancellations to seniors?”

Short answer: Yes! No refunds at all but no additional payments - we are fine with that. 😊

This is my question. I am on board with an extension of my fully paid AP. But I don’t think the “clock” should start running until operations are at least close to back to normal.

If the park is closed for four months, and opens back up with relatively close to normal operations, then I’m fine with them adding four months onto my AP.

If the park is closed for four months, and then opens with difficult to get reservations, no MP/FP, very limited dining, etc... then they should offer some kind of refund for the loss in functionality of the AP, or a longer extension.

I’d be fine with a longer-than-closed extension, because that would help make up for the potentially increased difficulty of getting into the park, and the loss of other things. How much longer of an extension, I don’t know. Depends on the circumstances of the reopening.

But I would hate for the park to be closed for four months, open up with heavy restrictions, and then they just tack four months onto my existing AP. That wouldn’t feel right.
I am trying to decide what to do this very moment. I have a 2 trips planned before my AP expires(October & December)and seriously doubt I will return within the dates that would be extended. Originally I felt like an extension would be nice, but now I am considering a refund and will save that to apply to another future AP when I plan an additional trip.

Heads up for monthly plan APs opting for an extension:

I called today, because my AP will be expiring on 6/14 and the dates had not extended as others had reported in previous months. 2 different CMs both reported that your AP may disappear from your account after the expiration date, but the AP will be reinstated with the new extended expiration date once they know the park reopening date. This mainly applies to those of us whose passes have or will expire during the closure. I know of one person already who had their AP disappear, so thought I'd share this in case anyone encounters it.

I am trying to decide what to do this very moment. I have a 2 trips planned before my AP expires(October & December)and seriously doubt I will return within the dates that would be extended. Originally I felt like an extension would be nice, but now I am considering a refund and will save that to apply to another future AP when I plan an additional trip.
Since no one has official answers to these questions right now, you can ask in the Speculation thread to see what kind of suggestions you get there.

That is the policy at Shanghai Disneyland, for further discussion as that may or may not apply to Disneyland, mosey on over to the speculation thread.

Confirming a success, a sad one, but still a success for DH and me - both seniors (63)...

Short answer: Yes! No refunds at all but no additional payments - we are fine with that. 😊
Sad for the reason, but glad you got the help and solution you needed. Thanks for reporting back.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/06/...risto-sandwiches-and-dole-whips-to-your-home/

Disneyland wants to deliver Monte Cristo sandwiches and Dole Whips to your home
Disneyland annual passholders who were asked a series of survey questions related to the COVID-19 pandemic were thrown a curveball query about home delivery of Disneyland food and beverages.

By BRADY MACDONALD
PUBLISHED: June 2, 2020 at 7:30 a.m. | UPDATED: June 2, 2020 at 3:20 p.m.
Disneyland foodies who have been craving Monte Cristo sandwiches, Mickey Mouse-shaped Beignets, Churro Toffee and Dole Whips during the coronavirus closure of the Anaheim theme park may someday be able to get their culinary favorites delivered directly to their home.

Disneyland annual passholders who were asked a series of survey questions related to the COVID-19 pandemic were thrown a curveball query about home delivery of Disneyland food and beverages, according to MiceChat.

“Disney is always considering new ideas and we’d like to get your opinions about a few of those now,” the Disneyland survey said. The most intriguing possibility: How likely would you be to order Disneyland prepared food and beverages delivered to your home?

MiceChat called the proposed Disneyland version of a Doordash or UberEats for Disney corn dogs, churros and funnel cakes a “bizarre concept.”

But is it?
Restaurants have seen a surge in home delivery, curbside pickup and drive-through traffic since the COVID-19 pandemic closed dining rooms and forced Americans to try new food-to-go options.
Why couldn’t Disneyland do the same thing? The demand is definitely there.

Social media has been flooded with #stayathome recipes for Disneyland menu favorites ever since the COVID-19 pandemic closed the Anaheim theme parks in mid-March. Disneyland fans longing for a taste of the Happiest Place on Earth have been hungry for any reminder of the parks.

There have been copycat recipes for Blue Milk from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and the Polynesian Pearl cocktail from Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar.

The Disney Food Blog has posted knockoff recipes for the Steakhouse 55 Eggs Benedict, the PCH Grill’s Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast and the Cafe Orleans Monte Cristo sandwich.

Even Disney has gotten in on the theme park food fever by posting official recipes for Churro Bites, Kitchen Sink Sundaes and Mickey Mouse Beignets.

And Disney food fans are eating it up. A video with a Disney chef from the Lamplight Lounge at California Adventure showing forlorn fans how to make PB and J Rolls at home has garnered 339,000 likes on Facebook.

Could a Disneydash or MickeyEats food and beverage home delivery service be far behind? Disney will have to see what the survey says.

Disney’s two Anaheim theme parks, three hotels and outdoor shopping mall remain closed until further notice amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Disneyland and other California theme parks can reopen during Stage 3 of Gov. Gavin Newsom’s four-stage road map for reopening the state’s economy. A firm date has not been established for when California theme parks can reopen.

It's interesting, but I don't see how the quality would be there.

I ordered food from most of my local restaurants who stayed open, both to go and delivery, and the only ones that had normal quality were the places that I picked up food from that was the same food I always picked up before Covid19. Anything else delivered was lukewarm or even room temperature when it arrived (with the exception of Dominos, but they were already experts at delivery).

Stuff that I picked up, keep in mind I picked up this stuff within a mile of my home, was lukewarm with the exception of one place that put hot food in a styrofoam container and by the time I drove the 5 minutes home, the food had melted through the container.

Based on my experiences with getting deliveries and to go from places not really set up for that, I'd think anything Disney would send out deep fried would arrive as a grease ball and anything frozen would arrive melted. However, if I lived close enough, I'd probably order something = I'd just be extremely cautious as to what it was. Micky Pretzel or a caramel apple would probably deliver nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter