Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that people who don't have any symptoms don't have any reason to get tested. If CA is like AZ (though I think I heard that this was changing for AZ), you actually have to PAY to be tested. So, in addition to having no reason to do it, they're actually providing an active disincentive.
It might depend on where you live in California. In Los Angeles, testing is free for everyone, even if you don't have symptoms. I went a week or so ago (tested negative), just because I was curious and it was free.

Not sure if this has been addressed or not...We have a vacation reservation for July 21-26, 2020 and should be able to make some dining reservations in the next couple of days. I pulled up the reservation calendar and everything is showing "No Times Available". Have the dining reservations been this way since the park closed? Wouldn't it be pretty easy to allow people to book their dining reservations and then cancel if things still aren't open by then? Probably not looking good for our trip , but I want to hold out as long as possible.

I see WDW dining reservations are available to book starting on July 1st. Wondering if that is their target date for opening...

Not sure if this has been addressed or not...We have a vacation reservation for July 21-26, 2020 and should be able to make some dining reservations in the next couple of days. I pulled up the reservation calendar and everything is showing "No Times Available". Have the dining reservations been this way since the park closed? Wouldn't it be pretty easy to allow people to book their dining reservations and then cancel if things still aren't open by then? Probably not looking good for our trip , but I want to hold out as long as possible.

Disneyland was letting people make dining reservations earlier during this closed period (I have some outstanding reservations for June that I expect to be cancelled). But when time to reserve for July rolled around, people reported not being able to reserve.

I see WDW dining reservations are available to book starting on July 1st. Wondering if that is their target date for opening...
Dining reservations haven't been open for July at DL. I would keep an eye on it just in case they do release some. DL also just updated their site yesterday mentioning some experiences when the park opens will be different. Not sure if this means there will be a change to dining.

Has anyone's June reservations been cancelled? I still have a June 8 reservation at GCH and am surprised I haven't heard anything especially considering they are cancelling at WDW. I fully expect wdw to be open first

Socal resident tickets have also been pushed out to December 2021
Child promo tickets too. A few blackout dates around Spring Break, Christmas, Thanksgiving (2021 only), and the 4th of July.

Which is great for me in one sense but unfortunately my other kid turns 3 in November and I really wanted to squeeze another trip in without paying for a 4th ticket. Here's hoping I still can!

Child promo tickets too. A few blackout dates around Spring Break, Christmas, Thanksgiving (2021 only), and the 4th of July.

Which is great for me in one sense but unfortunately my other kid turns 3 in November and I really wanted to squeeze another trip in without paying for a 4th ticket. Here's hoping I still can!
Fingers crossed you can squeeze in that trip!

Canadian and other international tickets have had their expiry date pushed out to Dec. 2021. I'm thrilled! That should include the pre-paid max pass right?
I'm happy to see this too. I was going to try to rebook our August trip for spring break because of the May expiry but now we can go with next August which is our preference. I would think the MaxPass would be included in this as it's part of the existing ticket.

Just got off the phone to ask for a refund since our Deluxe APs were paid in full when we got them in October. I explained to the CM when we got our APs, we paid for them with gift cards, and the CM tossed them in the trash, so I didn't have the cards for the refund. I asked if it would be put on new cards instead. She said it would be in the form of a check. I would get an email once the parks are open.
By the time I got off the phone, I was crying. We had two trips cancelled and I know there isn't any way with this pandemic we can go back for a while. I am going to plan one hellofa trip for 2021. Wishing the best of health to all and the most magical trips when we all are able to go back to the happiest place on earth.

Just got off the phone to ask for a refund since our Deluxe APs were paid in full when we got them in October. I explained to the CM when we got our APs, we paid for them with gift cards, and the CM tossed them in the trash, so I didn't have the cards for the refund. I asked if it would be put on new cards instead. She said it would be in the form of a check. I would get an email once the parks are open.
By the time I got off the phone, I was crying. We had two trips cancelled and I know there isn't any way with this pandemic we can go back for a while. I am going to plan one hellofa trip for 2021. Wishing the best of health to all and the most magical trips when we all are able to go back to the happiest place on earth.

I’m sorry, that’s hard 😢. When you get a refund is it retroactive? I have a Flex AP debating whether to get a refund

I’m sorry, that’s hard 😢. When you get a refund is it retroactive? I have a Flex AP debating whether to get a refund

What the CM said it will be just for the time the parks are closed. From March 14 until the day they reopen. Also, it would take approximately 90 days to receive it once the parks are open. I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!