Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Disneyland Flex pass expires in 3 days. If I want an extension, should I call now before it expires? I was thinking I would wait until there is a reopen date, but I wonder, if my pass expires, if it will disqualify me from receiving the extension...

My Disneyland Flex pass expires in 3 days. If I want an extension, should I call now before it expires? I was thinking I would wait until there is a reopen date, but I wonder, if my pass expires, if it will disqualify me from receiving the extension...

My signature AP expired in March but Disney has been extending it. It currently shows a May 31 expiration date.

Have I missed the speculation on WHY they're extending the expiration dates on Candian and SoCal tickets but not "regular" ones? I have about $1500 tied up in that type of ticket at the moment and while I know the paid value will still be there, I'd rather just have the expiration extended like the other types!

Have I missed the speculation on WHY they're extending the expiration dates on Candian and SoCal tickets but not "regular" ones? I have about $1500 tied up in that type of ticket at the moment and while I know the paid value will still be there, I'd rather just have the expiration extended like the other types!
I'm in the same boat, and it's frustrating. I shared my frustration with Disney by email yesterday. A couple hours later I received a response telling me to call ticketing, I haven't done that yet. I REALLY can't understand why they are not offering extensions, and it makes me very anxious (maybe more like nervous) for upcoming announcements.

When did your pass show the expiration date extension? I am worried our passes are going to disappear in a few days.
I called a few weeks ago to choose the pass extension option. But at the beginning, the app would automatically extend my pass. However this time it hasn't (it is showing a 5/31 expiration). I called this week to ask what will happen if my pass were to disappear. The CM said that since they don't have an opening date they aren't going to just automatically extend like it has been doing. Once the opening date is decided, your pass will show the new expiration date. So it may fall off, but she made it seem like it will essentially be fixed once the date is made with the option we chose.

Trying to stay positive thinking of all the awesome trips we have in store for us. We were planning to celebrate our 15 year anniversary at DLR this July (well, 7 years married but we became a couple well before that at 18 yo). Now we'll just have to have an even more amazing trip in the future. I'm looking at you GCH! :lovestruc

Trying to stay positive thinking of all the awesome trips we have in store for us. We were planning to celebrate our 15 year anniversary at DLR this July (well, 7 years married but we became a couple well before that at 18 yo). Now we'll just have to have an even more amazing trip in the future. I'm looking at you GCH! :lovestruc

I'm right there with you! Was going to be a spring trip... then a July anniversary trip (7 years married, 17 together)... now... um... well we are figuring something epic out I'm sure.

Like DH says, more time to save for more treats/experiences/etc.

GCH is a pretty epic option. Love it!

I'm in the same boat, and it's frustrating. I shared my frustration with Disney by email yesterday. A couple hours later I received a response telling me to call ticketing, I haven't done that yet. I REALLY can't understand why they are not offering extensions, and it makes me very anxious (maybe more like nervous) for upcoming announcements.

I said this on the speculation thread too, but we also have regular tickets and I find it extremely frustrating that they aren’t extending the expiration dates for our tickets like they are all the other forms of admission. I don’t like the idea of having to pay a cost difference just to be able to use them, when the reason I haven’t been able to use them is because the parks have been closed! It just doesn’t make any sense to me.

I said this on the speculation thread too, but we also have regular tickets and I find it extremely frustrating that they aren’t extending the expiration dates for our tickets like they are all the other forms of admission. I don’t like the idea of having to pay a cost difference just to be able to use them, when the reason I haven’t been able to use them is because the parks have been closed! It just doesn’t make any sense to me.
Yes! I’m hoping that Disney will take another look at this. We will need to upgrade our tickets at the end of the year to extend the tickets for our now summer 2021 visit. It will cost us $135.00 to upgrade our five tickets through GAT. It’s not a fortune, but it doesn’t seem right when circumstances were beyond our control.

Just to clarify.... our annual passes expire June 27. So if we choose the refund, does that mean we get a refund from 3/14-6/27?

Since our passes will expire before the parks open, will they just extend our expiration date by about 3.5 months once they open if we choose that route?

Just to clarify.... our annual passes expire June 27. So if we choose the refund, does that mean we get a refund from 3/14-6/27?

Since our passes will expire before the parks open, will they just extend our expiration date by about 3.5 months once they open if we choose that route?

Yes, that is how I understand it.

This is how I've been reading it-that any refunds are from 3/14 through the length of your pass and extensions are based on how long Disneyland is closed (or possibly when they fully open with no restrictions), but only up through your pass expiration date.

I've seen others interpret it differently, expecting the length of the closure to be added to all passes. That doesn't make sense to me, when you consider the benefit to someone whose pass expired in late March or April vs someone whose pass is still active. But I wouldn't argue if so. :) And I know some feel only basing it on number of days lost isn't fair either because people may have timed their passes based on planned trips or be reluctant/unable to visit right away. Disney would meet their 365 days obligation to AP holders by extending, but there might be value or opportunity lost. It'd be nice if we are given extra time to "start" our pass again.

I'm in the same boat in that my pass expires mid-July. I'm hoping to have enough info soon to make a final decision. But until then, I'm only expecting my pass to be extended 4 months. I'd love to be happily surprised with a better option though!

My pass expires in August. I'm on the payment plan and opted for an extension on my expiration date. As long as I get credited for the amount of time of the closure through the time of my original expiration date, I am not going to complain if some people get more.

My pass expires in August. I'm on the payment plan and opted for an extension on my expiration date. As long as I get credited for the amount of time of the closure through the time of my original expiration date, I am not going to complain if some people get more.
Agree. I wouldn't complain either. I'm expecting 4 months based on my July expiration. Just pointing out why I would be surprised if the extension was applied the same to all passes without expiration date factored in. (But what do I know lol?) What I'm really waiting for though (as I'm sure many are) is when Disney will officially activate the extensions (partial opening, full opening, flexible date?) I've already decided to extend, but figure no harm in waiting to make it official!

I have a question for anyone that has renewed their AP with monthly payments during the park closure...Are the payments being charged now? Or are the monthly payments being postponed during the closure?

My AP expires on June 14th and I've opted for the AP extension of the expiration date, but I'd really like to get the renewal out of the way so that it's one less thing to remember to do. I also don't mind if there's overlapping/double payments when the parks reopen, and they start charging the monthly payment for my expiring AP. Any info about how their charging payments now for renewals helps!

I believe all payments are suspended while the parks are closed, regardless of which option you chose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!