Surprisingly hard to get good FP+ at 60 days out

jabrabu

Mouseketeer
I usually book FP+ at 30 days out since I'm often in FL for work and not staying on Disney property, but for a trip in April I booked a Disney resort room, mainly to get the 60-day FP+ benefit. I primarily wanted to get a FP+ for Mickey and Minnie's Railway and was also hoping to get FOP for another day. I got into the FP+ selections right as the clock ticked over to 7am, but M&M Railway was not available at 61 days out and FOP was not available at 60 days out. On a family trip in 2017 when FOP was new I got FP+ reservations for it, so I'm surprised that a few years later I can't get a 60-day FP+ for it in April.

I'm considering cancelling my room reservation and just getting new FP+ reservations at 30 days out since the FP+ reservations would probably be similar.

Not surprising, the most popular usually require a certain number of days after the 60 day mark. Not sure how the new tier 1 attractions at DHS are doing with that, they changed all that after our 60 day window.

We try our best to make sure we have DHS and AK at least 3-4 days into our trip and can get what we want, but have the benefit of long trips.

That's been the case for a while now FoP can't be obtained 60 days out and well MMRR is the brand new thing. The decision to cancel the room is completely up to you, obviously, but keep in mind that refreshing works, people change plans all the time, just refresh as often as you can and the FoP might pop up

That's pretty standard at the 60 day mark. You have to have a longer trip to get the most popular ones- then book them towards the end of your stay. At 60 days, getting the times you want for most rides is the biggest advantage, but most likely you won't get FOP, MMRW, or SR. Even SDD can be a challenge. Our next trip is 7 days and I still had to be really flexible about times and dates to get those and just happened to be online within seconds of them opening FP for MMRW. Right now though is the shortest time frame I've seen in a while. All those seems to be available (although probably extremely limited times) at 62. I've seen them go out to 64 days out or more.

Last edited:

I never assume I can get fop anytime earlier than 60+4. If anyone hits 60 or 60+1 on the popular rides they hit the jackpot.

I'm considering cancelling my room reservation and just getting new FP+ reservations at 30 days out since the FP+ reservations would probably be similar.

Just to add- they won't be similar really other than the lack of availability for those most popular rides. While you'll likely be able to get most things other than the very most popular, times will become limited for many rides. If you're flexible, most likely won't have an issue, but if you need specific times, it can be tough, especially since you're into the spring break time frame.

Our 60 day FP window opened on 2/18, I was online at 7ish. I managed to get the Mickey/Minnie railway for 60+2 (our planned HS day), but the first available time was 6:45PM. Didn't try for FOP, as we're not visiting AK this trip. Had no issues getting any of the tier 1's at Epcot and getting the mine train at MK--all still had morning hours for the days we were going.

Our 60 day FP window opened on 2/18, I was online at 7ish. I managed to get the Mickey/Minnie railway for 60+2 (our planned HS day), but the first available time was 6:45PM. Didn't try for FOP, as we're not visiting AK this trip. Had no issues getting any of the tier 1's at Epcot and getting the mine train at MK--all still had morning hours for the days we were going.

It's amazing what changing the tiers at HS has done. Before then, getting TOT or RRC was a challenge on short trips. Now they're wide open. Surprisingly, the only ride I had trouble with was SDMT and that's because I booked the harder to get first for the end of the trip and needed it in a specific time window on our first day. I got one, just now exactly when I need it so I've been stalking ever since.

I think it’s getting harder and harder also. Doing longer trips has made it easier cause we can schedule out longer than the 7 day trippers but I’m still in the plus 4 day and on for the harder rides. The rides will ease up as they age. Example. The mine train can now be had any day pretty much in the am if you want now but fop is still a beast to get early and hs is difficult cause those ride are still very new.
It is difficult though. Our first few days on the past few days r easier rides. We rope drop if we feel like it to get that extra ride in on fop or slinky if we want but being there 2-3 times a year makes it not a huge deal anymore.
April is our first star war trip so I’m kinda stressed out about it but at least we got the new m&m ride and have the falcon so rise is our only issue.

We also have an April trip. When our FP+ window opened, there were no tier 1s available at all at 60+1 for HS. We had a half day scheduled at HS for 60+5, and were able to take our pick of times and attractions, and took MMRR as our third FP+ of the day at 11am.

I've been checking MDE about a dozen times a day since then, and after about two weeks, yesterday I finally grabbed a MFSR at 1pm. Barring a shift to FP+ for RotR before our trip (which would be a disaster), and having to wolf down an ADR to make MFSR notwithstanding, that completed our FP+ selections and we're rounding out our trip with everything we had planned.

Was able to book FoP at 60+2 and MMRR for 60+3 this morning. Both around the 6:00 hour. However, I bet everything will be gone by tomorrow so I’m glad I just snuck in!

I usually book FP+ at 30 days out since I'm often in FL for work and not staying on Disney property, but for a trip in April I booked a Disney resort room, mainly to get the 60-day FP+ benefit. I primarily wanted to get a FP+ for Mickey and Minnie's Railway and was also hoping to get FOP for another day. I got into the FP+ selections right as the clock ticked over to 7am, but M&M Railway was not available at 61 days out and FOP was not available at 60 days out. On a family trip in 2017 when FOP was new I got FP+ reservations for it, so I'm surprised that a few years later I can't get a 60-day FP+ for it in April.

60+2
Latest Hollywood Studios FastPass+ Availability for Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway
6:25pm‑7:25pm · 6:40pm‑7:40pm · 7:05pm‑8:05pm

60+3
Latest Hollywood Studios FastPass+ Availability for Thursday, April 23, 2020
6:00pm‑7:00pm · 6:50pm‑7:50pm · 7:25pm‑8:25pm

at 60+4 is when it starts to open up:
3:20pm‑4:20pm · 3:35pm‑4:35pm · 4:15pm‑5:15pm · 4:35pm‑5:35pm · 5:20pm‑6:20pm · 5:30pm‑6:30pm · 6:20pm‑7:20pm · 6:45pm‑7:45pm · 7:05pm‑8:05pm · 7:30pm‑8:30pm

All of this data can be found on the TP FP+ Availability site: Touring Plans FP+ Availability

If you can't score a FP just remember, you can always do the Rope Drop Dash for Standby or jump in Standby right at park close. FP is not the ONLY way to ride an attraction, I think people forget this sometimes. Use your FPs for other attractions to save wait times there and you'll just have to wait some for those shiny, new rides if you have to do it on your trip.

It's possible that hours will change before the 30 day window opens and fastpasses added for the extra hour. If you keep your reservation and check on that frequently, you'd have a shot at those.

I don't know if this was spelled out perfectly clear. It was once I read a billion threads on the latest FP+ availability. And I own the Unofficial Guide too.

Plan the parks with the hardest FP availability at the end of your vacation. Book those FP first when your 60 day window opens up.

I would do your star attractions with extra magic morning hours or late hours. You get that perk, too staying on site.

I would do your star attractions with extra magic morning hours or late hours. You get that perk, too staying on site.
Yeah, the dates for my trip don't work out very well for this. I'll be there Apr 20-21. My priority is to ride RotR and MMRR, and I will hop over to EPCOT for Flower and Garden, which I always enjoy.

On Apr 20 I am taking an early flight down and will arrive at the parks around 9:30am. DAK has morning EMH that day, but I'll miss that. I am planning to go to DAK that day anyway and was hoping to get a FP+ for FOP, but that didn't happen. I have FPs for Lion King show, Safaris, and Navi River.

On Apr 21 I plan to get to DHS early and try to get a BG for RotR and rope drop MMRR. Then hop to EPCOT for awhile while I wait for my BG. I have FP for RnR Coaster and TOT in the morning, and then Slinky Dog in the evening. EPCOT has evening EMH, so I can do that if I want to stay that late. I have to drive to Cape Canaveral that evening for work the next day.

I was also considering the DAH options. There is a DAH at MK on Apr 20. I could spend the day at Disney Springs and maybe some resort hopping, then do the DAH at MK, but I think I'd rather spend the day at DAK since I haven't been there in a while.

DAK has DAH on Apr 22. I could go after work that day, but I would miss the shows (Lion King, Nemo) and the animals, and the street entertainment, which are some of my favorite things about DAK.

I'm actually going next week on a similar trip. I'll be there Monday and Tuesday, not staying on Disney property. Monday will start DHS, but arriving too late to get a BG for RotR. I have a FP for RnR coaster in the morning. Might do single line for MFSR (which I've done before) and maybe some other attractions if the waits are not long. Then Skyliner (first time) to EPCOT to check out the new movies in The Land and Canada, and the Beauty and Beast sing-along. Then back to DHS in the evening for Oga's reservation and FP on Slinky Dog and Midway Mania. Might even go back to EPCOT again for the new nighttime show.

I’ve noticed how hard it is to book the top tier attractions at 60+1, +2, +3. When Disney provided the 60 day FP benefit to some offsite hotels (mostly Disney Springs), it has made getting these attractions even harder and devalued that onsite benefit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter