Surprisingly hard to get good FP+ at 60 days out

I lucked out when booking mine, because I got 7DMT, MMRR, FoP and Test Track on my first 4 park days! I was able to grab all the tier 1s I was looking for this trip and was even able to move some of them around later that same day and this is for our spring break trip! I know in previous trips though, I've had the same issue where all the good ones were gone even when I tried first thing on the 60 day window.

Similar situation happened to me - second trip and my first booking on-site room to get the early fastpass window. I couldn’t get FoP at 61 days BUT I kept checking the app and I got one eventually, maybe 35 days out? Right around the 30 day cancel time when I knew that some people were going to cancel their packages and free up their fast passes. If I had canceled I know I wouldn’t have gotten FOP at 30 days out, even safari and other rides were booked solid by then!

Right around the 30 day cancel time when I knew that some people were going to cancel their packages and free up their fast passes.

Curious about this. So people cancel their whole vacation right before the 30-day mark? I check everyday anyway, but good to mark the 30 day period on my calendar...

I usually book FP+ at 30 days out since I'm often in FL for work and not staying on Disney property, but for a trip in April I booked a Disney resort room, mainly to get the 60-day FP+ benefit. I primarily wanted to get a FP+ for Mickey and Minnie's Railway and was also hoping to get FOP for another day. I got into the FP+ selections right as the clock ticked over to 7am, but M&M Railway was not available at 61 days out and FOP was not available at 60 days out. On a family trip in 2017 when FOP was new I got FP+ reservations for it, so I'm surprised that a few years later I can't get a 60-day FP+ for it in April.

I'm considering cancelling my room reservation and just getting new FP+ reservations at 30 days out since the FP+ reservations would probably be similar.
FPs are not guaranteed for what you want. FoP is the toughest one along with SDD, 7DMT, and the new attractions. But, if you learn to refresh and wait till day of, youll be fine.

Curious about this. So people cancel their whole vacation right before the 30-day mark? I check everyday anyway, but good to mark the 30 day period on my calendar...
Packages are able to be cancelled up until 30 days out without any penalty. I believe packages also need to be paid in full at that time. Due to these reasons there are typically some cancellations resulting in additional dining and fast pass availability just prior to the 30 day mark.

Made FP+ this morning, 7 day trip.
DHS-60+3=ToT,RNR,MMRR, all late morning to early afternoon.
AK - 60+4, EE,KS,FOP all b4 1:30PM
DHS- 60+5- SDD,As2, TSM, all late morning to early afternoon
MK- 60+1- BTMR, PP, Splash- late morning to lunch time. SDMT was only available after 6PM
MK- 60+6 -SDMT, Space late morning.
EP- 60+ 2 - FEA, will rope drop Soarin and TT and then head to Disney Springs.

we are going to try Smugglers Run in the evening on one of our DHS days.
took 50 minutes to do it all. Was pleased to get SDD,FOP,MMRR so easily and earlier in the day.

split stay- no problems making FP+ for the whole trip.

Good luck everyone!

I'd be up to you if you cancel and do the 30 day window, but we definitely have not found the options similar at 30 days. At 60 days you might not get FOP or MMRR...

But at 30 days we've additionally been shut out of Splash, 7DMT, Space, Soarin', TT, Frozen, etc. etc. Options are way more limited at 30 days and not ideal times for the rides that remain available.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble - that is very frustrating.

I was very pleased with my options and availability. We check-in 4/3 and only have 3 park days starting on 4/4. I was able to get the following:

4/4 AK (60+1): EE, Safari, and FOP from 4-5. Later than I wanted but I will take it.
4/5 MK (60+2): SDMT, BTMR, Splash - all at exactly the times I wanted
4/6 HS (60+3): RRC, SDD, and TSM. I could have switched to Mickey's Railroad but the kids are 11 and 13 and wanted to stick with the thrill rides. We've already done Smuggler's so it wasn't a priority.

Keep checking and don't lose hope!

I’ve noticed how hard it is to book the top tier attractions at 60+1, +2, +3. When Disney provided the 60 day FP benefit to some offsite hotels (mostly Disney Springs), it has made getting these attractions even harder and devalued that onsite benefit.

You may be right to some degree but I do not think Disney Springs Hotels are having that great of an effect. Many people who stay there are staying short stays so they are only getting 60, 60+1, 60+2. I think the biggest factor is luck and how busy your day is. People do get SDD, MMRR, or FOP at 60 and 60+1 not commonly but do. I got a late night SDD at 60+1 (before MMRR was available for FP+) and through regular refreshing and checking have it moved up to 1:25p.

I am very happy with how well I did today! We have a party of 10 (one is an infant) so we needed 9 fastpasses per ride. I literally got everything I wanted! At 60+1 I got Smuggler's Run at 7:10p.m. at 60+3 got Mickey and Minnie's Runaway a 5:45 p.m. Everything else for all 60+7 days are at nice morning times. We have FOP twice. Once at 60+4 (on a Saturday) we got a time of 12:20. At 60+7 we got it at 9:15 a.m., the morning before our flight!

I am very happy with how well I did today! We have a party of 10 (one is an infant) so we needed 9 fastpasses per ride. I literally got everything I wanted! At 60+1 I got Smuggler's Run at 7:10p.m. at 60+3 got Mickey and Minnie's Runaway a 5:45 p.m. Everything else for all 60+7 days are at nice morning times. We have FOP twice. Once at 60+4 (on a Saturday) we got a time of 12:20. At 60+7 we got it at 9:15 a.m., the morning before our flight!
Glad you got all that you wanted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!