Surrey bikes and kids

Kateandsam

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever rented these--we will be traveling with 2 almost one year olds. Will they be able to ride safely? Are helmets required, provided or necessary? Thanks

HI! I think the surrey bikes have baskets in from to hold children. I would call the resort directly to find out what age children can ride in baskets, though.

Melika77

We've had our kids in them from close to a year on up. There are better places to rent them with small children than the Boardwalk. The Wilderness Lodge rents them and has a nice safe flat path over to Fort Wilderness that is great for small kids. It goes over to the Fort Wilderness petting zoo and horse barn. My kids love the surrey bikes but I always hated those hills at the Boardwalk. There are probably other resorts that have them also!

Debbie

We also rent the bike from the Wilderness Lodge & ride it over to Fort Wilderness, where the kids ride the ponies & pet all the animals. Far better than renting at the Boardwalk (which is where we stay!)

We rented those bikes last year at the Boardwalk with my three and one year old. And no helmet is required, at least they didn't say so.

But I agree I will not rent from there again. The hills are a killer and there are so many people walking on that same path, I think they are dangerous. If fact I saw a little boy get hit by one last year. He was not hurt bad, thank God, but I sure it still hurt and scared him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter