Survivor Winners at War Season 40

I watched the few Ponderosa videos last night. The EoE jury have 2 or 3 videos. And then there was Denise, Ben and Sarah. The EoE were really harsh with Denise for some reason. Then they seemed very welcoming of Ben. Odd. Not sure what the Denise hate was about.

Adam Klein spent about 17 hours answering fan questions on Reddit Sunday/Monday. I head through a few hours worth and then had to set it down for awhile and then the list reset to the top. I didnt have the patience to scroll through all that again but there were some interesting nuggets. I know nothing about Reddit, I got there through a link on Twitter. I think his screen name was something like askklein though in case that helps someone that's interested find it.

Adam Klein spent about 17 hours answering fan questions on Reddit Sunday/Monday. I head through a few hours worth and then had to set it down for awhile and then the list reset to the top. I didnt have the patience to scroll through all that again but there were some interesting nuggets. I know nothing about Reddit, I got there through a link on Twitter. I think his screen name was something like askklein though in case that helps someone that's interested find it.

I also saw that Reddit AMA. For anyone interested, he shares lots of details about what we didn't see and some context for how/why things played out as they did.

I think Tony was the right person to win this season. I loved Michelle as the underdog and she's fun to watch, but Tony's game was more dominant than hers in terms of controlling votes. Natalie had no business winning. She won Edge of Extinction, not Survivor. The reason that the jury didn't give Michelle any votes is that they were worried they would split the votes too much between Tony and Michelle and Natalie could pull out a win and they wanted to make sure that did not happen.

Also I love Ethan. He grew up with my uncles and my mom used to play Bingo with his mom and my grandma was in her knitting group. I wish he or one of my other Boston Boys could have won it all but it just didn't work out for them this time.

Natalie had no business winning. She won Edge of Extinction, not Survivor.
Here's the problem with this statement. Edge of Extinction was a part of Survivor. It's in play, so as a competitor you have to allow for the fact that whoever is there is playing some sort of game to return, while trying to curry favour with the potential jury. Thus, whomever returned from EOE had just as valid reason to win versus someone who hadn't gone there.

But the truth is that Tony played well enough that there was no question that he was winning. Even Natalie admitted that she knew he'd won. So, as Joey Tribbiani might say, it was a moo point.

Now, with that said, the Edge is a concept that should no longer be used on Survivor. I just don't like the idea of a repechage on a show where you've been voted out by your peers.

Last edited:
I liked that idea of battling back that they had a few years ago.... when Ozzy asked to be voted out because he knew he would win and be back in the game. We've never seen that twist again.

I said the same thing about what a nice house on a cops salary. LOL

You do remember he won a million dollars before. So if he invested wisely I am betting the house was not based on a "cops salary" Also does his wife work? OK just answered that question - she is also a PO. Two incomes plus a million dollars = very nice house.

The average is a base of 68k, that is without details & OT. So basically double it with them, 136k each not, yeah house is doable.

I would hope that if they continue with some form of playback, they limit it to early on in the game, maybe have it happen at the merge and that's it. Don't really think it is fair to have someone come back near the end.

Coming back at final 6 instead of Final 5 would probably be where I'd slot the second return if they went that route. The returning player could then at least have potential to be a swing vote and have a natural opportunity to disrupt versus the artificial one of having an Idol when they come back in. Which, knowing Survivor, they'd probably still get gifted one or have one purchased.

All the same, I'd just rather we skipped the entire thing.

I did like them all being part of the jury, though. Its so hard to remember the first players when they disappear from the game in the first few weeks.

Maybe a battle-back like Big Brother does... first 4 out battle back for a spot? That way there's still game play but they don't miss a lot.

Also I love Ethan. He grew up with my uncles and my mom used to play Bingo with his mom and my grandma was in her knitting group. I wish he or one of my other Boston Boys could have won it all but it just didn't work out for them this time.

How cool! I had quite the crush on Ethan his first time out. He just comes across as a beautiful person, inside and out. I was so happy to see him beat cancer both times.

Here's the problem with this statement. Edge of Extinction was a part of Survivor. It's in play, so as a competitor you have to allow for the fact that whoever is there is playing some sort of game to return, while trying to curry favour with the potential jury. Thus, whomever returned from EOE had just as valid reason to win versus someone who hadn't gone there.

But the truth is that Tony played well enough that there was no question that he was winning. Even Natalie admitted that she knew he'd won. So, as Joey Tribbiani might say, it was a moo point.

Now, with that said, the Edge is a concept that should no longer be used on Survivor. I just don't like the idea of a repechage on a show where you've been voted out by your peers.

In general I dont like Edge. For this season I was glad to see many favorite players most weeks, even after being voted out. And while it still didnt work well enough that I'd want to see Edge most seasons, I like that the producers gave some thought into how Edgers could still have an influence on the main game. That helped me accept it.

The iteration of Edge I would like to see is that at the merge there is not a battle back but a vote among the Edgers to vote one player back into the game. Then Edge is done for that season and the remaining members are not on the jury. If they did something like this I'd be happy to see the Fire Tokens and advantages sent from Edge back. The tokens could be used by Edgers for food, comfort and one Immunity Idol to re enter the game with.

Maybe a battle-back like Big Brother does... first 4 out battle back for a spot? That way there's still game play but they don't miss a lot.

This idea is good too. If they really wanted to make things interesting, after the battle back they could go from 2 to 3 tribes. With the battleback winner starting a school yard pick for the tribes (and maybe assigning the leads to the other two tribes).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!