Survivor Winners at War Season 40

I couldn't believe Sandra made that move. Seriously stupid. Not like her at all. OTOH, Sandra was always going to be a target, so trying to make a move that got her further was probably worth the risk.

I couldn't believe Sandra made that move. Seriously stupid. Not like her at all. OTOH, Sandra was always going to be a target, so trying to make a move that got her further was probably worth the risk.

I agree not like her. You would've thought since it was the last time she could use it she would have played on herself. I guess she thought she was in control. Well played Denise.

Is collecting fire tokens the way to get back in the game? Why did Tyson waste his on peanut butter?

Great episode. Smart moves. Great gaming by Denise though she wasted one idol. LOL. But it was cool to see Sandra get outplayed.

And Michelle is going to be helped by those stupid tokens. They do seem to be editing a Michelle win. BLAH!! Not liking all her Wendell drama. Girl is too old for that.

I think she played the 2nd idol to help buy his loyalty.

I agree not like her. You would've thought since it was the last time she could use it she would have played on herself. I guess she thought she was in control. Well played Denise.

Is collecting fire tokens the way to get back in the game? Why did Tyson waste his on peanut butter?
Tyson seems to be banking on having the energy and stamina to do whatever the play-in challenge entails.

It's a different approach than the others, for certain, and may have been driven by his anticipation of the play-in coming soon and not having enough tokens for the other advantages.

Was sad at the first tribal to see Parvati get voted off, but that was a great second tribal council! Tricky, and smart move on Denise's part. Now they know she is not going to just sit back and be the one they all think is so weak. Was glad to see Sandra be the one who got backstabbed for a change, after once again sitting out on another challenge. Even Jeff called it the "Sandra bench". I still don't understand why they let her sit out every one of them though. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic changes on the Edge of Extinction- with most of the 'favored former winners' all there together now. I don't like Tyson , never did. I do not want to see him make it back into the game.

My DVR cut out before the last tribal council. I saw them going in, and then frozen screen.

I was very happy today to come in and see this update. Denise would have been an idiot to not use this to her advantage.

So much dumb in that second tribal. Why did Sandra give up the idol? Makes me think Sandra doesn't want to be in the game at all. Why did Denise use the second idol on Jeremy? There are so many player still in the game that his loyalty can't be worth that much at this stage. Now, if Sandra had had 2 idols, sold the one to Denise, then used the second one for herself - now THAT would have been a power move!

Also really expected Rob and Amber to raise the flag and go back home to the kids - or would they go to Poderosa? Either way, that would be a better vacay than sitting on that rocky island. For some, like Ethan, I can see the personal goal. Rob and Amber? No - it's just an ego thing.

So much dumb in that second tribal. Why did Sandra give up the idol? Makes me think Sandra doesn't want to be in the game at all. Why did Denise use the second idol on Jeremy? There are so many player still in the game that his loyalty can't be worth that much at this stage. Now, if Sandra had had 2 idols, sold the one to Denise, then used the second one for herself - now THAT would have been a power move!

Also really expected Rob and Amber to raise the flag and go back home to the kids - or would they go to Poderosa? Either way, that would be a better vacay than sitting on that rocky island. For some, like Ethan, I can see the personal goal. Rob and Amber? No - it's just an ego thing.
Jeremy is a stealth beast player. Good to have as your meat shield and your #2. Smart move I guess.

The benefit of Rob and Amber together is that if there is a play back in comp then they can pool their tokens to buy advantages for Rob and Rob could maybe win back as he is a comp beast. This is for 2million so I'd do whatever it took.

Was sad at the first tribal to see Parvati get voted off, but that was a great second tribal council! Tricky, and smart move on Denise's part. Now they know she is not going to just sit back and be the one they all think is so weak. Was glad to see Sandra be the one who got backstabbed for a change, after once again sitting out on another challenge. Even Jeff called it the "Sandra bench". I still don't understand why they let her sit out every one of them though. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic changes on the Edge of Extinction- with most of the 'favored former winners' all there together now. I don't like Tyson , never did. I do not want to see him make it back into the game.
I haven’t watched episode yet, but your post almost makes me wonder if last night’s additions to Extinction is a backup plan...once they all saw the inevitable...

Sandra probably knew that premerge was where she was most vulnerable, and so made a play to get her closer to that point. It wasn't a bad play, but Sandra failed to recognize that it actually put her at risk, given that Denise would have the controlling vote. And in a game where everyone is a winner, voting out the 2-time champ probably holds more currency than voting out Tony.

As for burning the Idol on Jeremy, I suppose Denise thought that there might be a split vote - guys vote for her and girls vote Jeremy, in the usual "duo on wrong side of the numbers vote against each other" manner - so if she uses only one Idol then Jeremy goes home. But by burning her Idol on Jeremy, she buys maybe a bit of loyalty, and ensured that her vote was the one that counted, and that at the end of the day, only two people - Denise and Sandra - were responsible for Sandra getting sent to EoE.

Sandra probably knew that premerge was where she was most vulnerable, and so made a play to get her closer to that point. It wasn't a bad play, but Sandra failed to recognize that it actually put her at risk, given that Denise would have the controlling vote. And in a game where everyone is a winner, voting out the 2-time champ probably holds more currency than voting out Tony.

As for burning the Idol on Jeremy, I suppose Denise thought that there might be a split vote - guys vote for her and girls vote Jeremy, in the usual "duo on wrong side of the numbers vote against each other" manner - so if she uses only one Idol then Jeremy goes home. But by burning her Idol on Jeremy, she buys maybe a bit of loyalty, and ensured that her vote was the one that counted, and that at the end of the day, only two people - Denise and Sandra - were responsible for Sandra getting sent to EoE.
OK so the Survivor FB page had a mini-interview with Sandra and it sounded like she didn't do much of the usual post-game spin (note: there's still some spin) that players seem to do. She flat out said that she got played - didn't know that Denise had a second Idol, didn't know that Denise had been gunning for her pre-game, and got caught up in trying to get fire tokens.

Sandra lost focus, and Denise took full advantage. So full credit to Denise for her BIG MOVE~!

Sandra’s idol could not be used after last night so there was no reason for Denise to not use it, in case someone voted for Jeremy.
Denise

Sandra’s idol could not be used after last night so there was no reason for Denise to not use it, in case someone voted for Jeremy.
Denise

She could have used Sandra's idol on herself and simply kept her other idol for another tribal.

OK so the Survivor FB page had a mini-interview with Sandra and it sounded like she didn't do much of the usual post-game spin (note: there's still some spin) that players seem to do. She flat out said that she got played - didn't know that Denise had a second Idol, didn't know that Denise had been gunning for her pre-game, and got caught up in trying to get fire tokens.

Sandra lost focus, and Denise took full advantage. So full credit to Denise for her BIG MOVE~!

Yes Denise gets full credit, that was a savage move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter