Survivor Winners at War Season 40

So my thoughts were they should have gotten rid of Rob and then Sandra. She didn't play her immunity so they could have blindsided her and should have. However Adam's name getting thrown out worried me so I was glad for it to be Nat. I am an Adam fan. When he won his season he reminded me of my son. Not so much now. But I want to see him play a bit longer to see if he can hang with the big dogs.

I want Tony gone. And Michelle. Kim went way too paranoid and nutso so I would have rather she went instead of Amber. Though it was smart to cut off the arm of the beast (Rob). Better would have been to ax Rob. But I like to watch him play. His gaming is a thing of beauty. Parvati is doing well too. I didn't like her on her other seasons but now am interested in seeing her play. Sandra is obnoxious as always. And Ben is a twit. I remember rooting for him his season but sometimes thought he played dumb and he is showing that again. Not my fave winner. Ethan, I don't remember but he seems sweet. Hope not too sweet for this game. And Yul...he is another one I really want to watch. Wendell too. He plays a loyal game so I am curious who he hooks up with. Rob is like that too so maybe them 2 will partner. And, I am thinking Sarah for the win. Here is a spoiler about details of F3, not names just a hint
read it is 2 gals and 1 guy so Sarah is a good pick for one of the F3

I enjoyed the episode. It's fun to have very few riding under the radar players. There's still a few unfortunately -but mostly people out there giving it everything they've got. I can't fathom why the first tribe didn't go after Parvati or Rob - I mean I love that they didn't, but it's just crazy. But I also think R/P made the wrong choice - by voting off Natalie they ticked a lot of people off and put a bigger target on themselves. They could have gone Denise or Adam and not created very many waves. We'll see how that comes back to hurt them.

I feel kind of bad for Amber, she really got booted because of Rob, but also she just seemed a little overwhelmed with the whole thing.

I loved the show last night! Should be a fun season! I loved how they were standing around and catching up, talking about their kids, etc. I loved how Rob turned to Ethan and said, "how are you doing? You doing ok?". I am sure most Survivor fans know that Ethan had battled cancer for years. I know they will all turn on each other and be out to get each other, as they should in this game of Survivor, but it was fun to see their human side too!

Looking forward to this season! I love to see returning players!

I enjoyed the episode. It's fun to have very few riding under the radar players. There's still a few unfortunately -but mostly people out there giving it everything they've got. I can't fathom why the first tribe didn't go after Parvati or Rob - I mean I love that they didn't, but it's just crazy. But I also think R/P made the wrong choice - by voting off Natalie they ticked a lot of people off and put a bigger target on themselves. They could have gone Denise or Adam and not created very many waves. We'll see how that comes back to hurt them.

I feel kind of bad for Amber, she really got booted because of Rob, but also she just seemed a little overwhelmed with the whole thing.
I don't think Amber was a great winner her winning season. Her and Rob made it to the end together. He helped her. From what I remember. She is similar to Michelle. To me. Maybe she can win back. Or maybe she will raise the flag and go home to her kids. Speaking of...how can Parvati leave her 8 month old baby??? That would be so hard. I remember celebrity BB and Keshia asked to be voted off because she had left a new baby at home. I think that was less time commitment too than Survivor.

I loved the show last night! Should be a fun season! I loved how they were standing around and catching up, talking about their kids, etc. I loved how Rob turned to Ethan and said, "how are you doing? You doing ok?". I am sure most Survivor fans know that Ethan had battled cancer for years. I know they will all turn on each other and be out to get each other, as they should in this game of Survivor, but it was fun to see their human side too!

Looking forward to this season! I love to see returning players!

I thought that was so sweet. Glad they are working together I like them both. Didn't like Parvati in other seasons but she seems ok so far. They should have voted out Adam. Ben needs to go he's just an idiot and I think he would be the first to vote out Rob. Yes it's probably smart but I want him to stay around for as long as possible.

What the heck is wrong with the other tribe vote out Sandra. :sad2: Man she is good at manipulating people. Of course Natalie would give her the idol. :headache: I thought she would have given it to Jeremy. Maybe she had to give it to a different player. I really don't remember who Sophie is.:confused3 Liking Sarah and Yul.

So my thoughts were they should have gotten rid of Rob and then Sandra. She didn't play her immunity so they could have blindsided her and should have. However Adam's name getting thrown out worried me so I was glad for it to be Nat. I am an Adam fan. When he won his season he reminded me of my son. Not so much now. But I want to see him play a bit longer to see if he can hang with the big dogs.
The thing about Sandra - and part of the reason that she won twice - is that her instincts are second to none, and she works hard to put herself in a position where she's not vulnerable. And all this while straight up saying that she'll slit your throat if it advances her further in the game.

UTR players don't really win the modern game. Michelle is probably the exception. The game is at the point where if you're considered strategic threat/less physical you'll get voted out early. With that said, returning player (or even half-returning player) seasons are a different animal, since everyone is something of a known commodity, and the social game usually gains in importance.

That, in a nutshell, is why Rob doesn't get booted early - although he should. Love or hate his game, the man knows how to network and build relationships. Again, that social game.

Ben needs to go he's just an idiot and I think he would be the first to vote out Rob. Yes it's probably smart but I want him to stay around for as long as possible.
Ben has yet to realize that Rob is gonna use him as his meat shield.

What the heck is wrong with the other tribe vote out Sandra. :sad2: Man she is good at manipulating people. Of course Natalie would give her the idol. :headache: I thought she would have given it to Jeremy. Maybe she had to give it to a different player. I really don't remember who Sophie is.:confused3 Liking Sarah and Yul.
Nat had to try and sell the idol to someone on the losing tribe, so she probably gave a name on each tribe to the producers. And the key here is to *sell* the idol. Who is going to give up a coin for an Idol with no questions asked? On the red tribe, I'd say maybe two people - Sandra and Tony. Sandra because she'll use it strategically. Tony because with a free pass he'll feel like he has freedom to play his game (i.e. be chaotic) more.

She could only give it to someone on the losing team at IC. Sandra's team lost not Jeremy's.
I thought that was so sweet. Glad they are working together I like them both. Didn't like Parvati in other seasons but she seems ok so far. They should have voted out Adam. Ben needs to go he's just an idiot and I think he would be the first to vote out Rob. Yes it's probably smart but I want him to stay around for as long as possible.

See above. Rules stated she had to sell to someone on the tribe who lost IC.

TOTALLY agree. Loved Aubry that season. Michelle won because she was close to those jerks, basketball player and other red headed guy that were bullies. They went to Ponderosa and poisoned the jury against the nice nerdy brainy girl who crafted their demise (Aubry). Even Tai would have been a better winner than lame-O Michelle. I want her gone fast this time. SHe's the quiet goat that does nothing but ride on coattails of the big bads. I guess that is strategy but I saw it more as that was the type of person she was (hanging with sleazy dirtballs like those 2 guys) and it lucked her into that win. What tribe is she on now? I see her aligning with Tony. I think they aren't on same tribe though.
Michelle is like Grover Dill. Just a toady.

I looked at the winner's list to see who could've gone in Michele's stead. The thing is, for the ladies, you've only got a pool of 14 (15 wins total) to work from. So with the remaining players you've got:

Tina
Vecepia
Jenna Morasca
Natalie White

I'd think that Jenna was asked first, then Tina. After that, it's a tossup with the remaining three, and Michele, I guess, said yes.

The thing about Sandra - and part of the reason that she won twice - is that her instincts are second to none, and she works hard to put herself in a position where she's not vulnerable. And all this while straight up saying that she'll slit your throat if it advances her further in the game.

UTR players don't really win the modern game. Michelle is probably the exception. The game is at the point where if you're considered strategic threat/less physical you'll get voted out early. With that said, returning player (or even half-returning player) seasons are a different animal, since everyone is something of a known commodity, and the social game usually gains in importance.

That, in a nutshell, is why Rob doesn't get booted early - although he should. Love or hate his game, the man knows how to network and build relationships. Again, that social game.

Ben has yet to realize that Rob is gonna use him as his meat shield.

Nat had to try and sell the idol to someone on the losing tribe, so she probably gave a name on each tribe to the producers. And the key here is to *sell* the idol. Who is going to give up a coin for an Idol with no questions asked? On the red tribe, I'd say maybe two people - Sandra and Tony. Sandra because she'll use it strategically. Tony because with a free pass he'll feel like he has freedom to play his game (i.e. be chaotic) more.
See above. Rules stated she had to sell to someone on the tribe who lost IC.

That’s right I forgot she had to sell it. I must have missed the losing tribe part.

I looked at the winner's list to see who could've gone in Michele's stead. The thing is, for the ladies, you've only got a pool of 14 (15 wins total) to work from. So with the remaining players you've got:

Tina
Vecepia
Jenna Morasca
Natalie White

I'd think that Jenna was asked first, then Tina. After that, it's a tossup with the remaining three, and Michele, I guess, said yes.
Someone on that list claimed to not have been asked. Let me see if I can find who.

Iknew the numbers were skewed in favor of males winning, but I didn't realize it had been that lopsided. Come on women - you gotta start doing better. And then of course right away on this season - it's 2 females off first.

I would guess Natalie White and/or Vecepia.
Vecepia. Propst claimed they called all the winners to gauge interest but the 20 they asked first all said yes. Vecepia claimed on a Podcast that she was never called at all. Not even to gauge interest. Couple guys alluded to not being asked as well. I wish Cochran was back. But he's more successful now and doesn't need or have time for Survivor. I also read somewhere that those who had trouble with the law were among those not asked back. Fabio...don't know him. I think I skipped that season. Might have to stream it.
https://www.eonline.com/news/112243...s-who-aren-t-back-for-season-40#photo-1005230

Last edited:
Some of these things (Hatch's All Star shenanigans, Todd's alcoholism, Brian's abuse arrests and the whole "trying to get guaranteed money from the show" thing) I figured would DQ them.

For others, like JT and Tina, I think we'd seen enough. Didn't know about Earl's daughter, but apparently CBS did.

I heard Tina was asked, but she would only agree to be on the show if she could bring Colby with her to ensure a win.
LdZ6.gif

Y'all... I was genuinely afraid last season was the shark jump. I've watched every episode of every season - including the episode that aired two hours after I gave birth, lol! priorities... - but halfway through last season I was ready to give up. I thought Survivor had run its course. But it turns out it wasn't bad editing, or poor production, dumb challenges, lack of deprivation, or even an ageing issue - it was simply bad casting. Because I watched on the edge of my seat last night like I did 20 years ago! I loved watching the older winners try to wrap their heads around the faster pace and constant vigilance. Ethan. Oh, so happy to see Ethan back and in the fight again! ♥ Seeing Boston Rob and Parvati craft their magic is endlessly entertaining. Yul, working that logic hard - my son (raised on Survivor, natch) was really happy to see him back. There are definitely some I'd rather not see win, but there are so many I'd be happy to see win, I feel like I probably can't lose!*

*(This is exactly the point at which I get sent to EoE, right? :rotfl2:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter