Survivor Winners at War Season 40

I agree. I wish they would stop doing hidden immunity idols but not tell the contestants. Then we can all laugh as everyone is running through the jungle searching for things that don’t exist. Or even funnier voting out someone they think has one but no one ever finds anything. :rotfl:
Better yet. Hide all the idols everywhere like they used to. But they're all worthless.

I finally watched the 2 hour premiere and saw almost every season but some of the contestants I do not remember. Ethan and Yul have always been my favorites. It looks to be good. I like the tokens.

Do you remember where you read that Extinction Island made some players agree to return? I read in EW yesterday that Jeff polled one of the tribes at tribal council and that 7 of the 10 thought Extinction Island was a bad idea.
I thought it was an EW online article-the ones by Dalton Ross. They’re the only updates I read.

Could someone please explain to me about the tokens? I'm lost. Thanks!
They were all given on token to start. When they are voted out they can give what tokens they have to others. It is currency as we saw tonight , the one guy bought an advantage. Nat has to win 5 tokens to get back in the game.

I have no idea why she gave an idol to Sandra of all people last week to get a token.

There is so much going on this season hard to keep track.

They were all given on token to start. When they are voted out they can give what tokens they have to others. It is currency as we saw tonight , the one guy bought an advantage. Nat has to win 5 tokens to get back in the game.

I have no idea why she gave an idol to Sandra of all people last week to get a token.

It's not can give, it's must give.

Nat gave the Idol to Sandra because a) she had to give to someone on the losing tribe (i.e. not Jeremy) and b) she was best served to give to someone that would definitely pay to get an Idol. You'd think it's a no brainer, but since the folks still active aren't fully aware of how the Fire Tokens will play, they might hedge and decide not to take it. Nat correctly surmised that Sandra would buy the idol.

Idols:
Sandra (good for one more TC)
Jeremy (immune from TC itself, no vote)
Kim/Sophie
Denise/Adam

I think Rob seemed distracted by Amber’s being targeted.
Amber getting voted out got in Rob's head and stayed there. He is the tribe's best puzzle solver, but he completely whiffed on this one.

Now I remember why I couldn’t stand Ben.
Ben is either a savant or very bad at this game.

I'm guessing Ben got lucky in his last game - but honestly I can't remember that season very well. The dude gets very tongue twisted when anyone questions him. I'm guessing he stays for awhile though simply because there are bigger targets.

All you need to know is that he kept winning immunities and the other castaways wanted him out. And then the one time where he didn't in the Final Four... they suddenly had a fire making elimination that no one was aware of and thus could not strategize for.

I'm guessing Ben got lucky in his last game - but honestly I can't remember that season very well. The dude gets very tongue twisted when anyone questions him. I'm guessing he stays for awhile though simply because there are bigger targets.
I remember he did similar his season win too. He kind of just kept managing to survive when he was really on the hook a lot. I was surprised he made it to the end. He had some luck at times, I think I recall, to get him off the hook. He's kind of like a rough version of Rob. Not as polished as Rob. More impulsive. But he could roll with punches and was quick thinking and hardy. But not smooth at all. And the impulsiveness makes him look dumb. But it works as he just shoots in the dark...he hits enough marks to keep surviving.

All you need to know is that he kept winning immunities and the other castaways wanted him out. And then the one time where he didn't in the Final Four... they suddenly had a fire making elimination that no one was aware of and thus could not strategize for.
Ah, yep. That's right.

She could only sell idol to person on tribe that lost IC and that was Sandra's team not Jeremy's. Last night, the advantage in the water well, she could sell to Jeremy because he was on the losing tribe.

But why Sandra out of that whole tribe? Probably because she figured Sandra was a big target and she wanted to mess with that. And Sandra is a good player who now has good will for her (Nat).

This extinction thing...the early outs have an advantage as they have longer to accumulate tokens. IE: now Nat is well on her way to buying back in. Did they say 7 are needed to get back...or they didn't say yet?

Old school VS new school? What is the consensus at where new school begins? Season 20ish? When did idols and advantages begin? Maybe we need a list of who is old and who is new. Denise is part of new but she played season 25. That was a long time ago. Not very many old school is there?

Reactions: NAB
I thought they said they need 5 tokens to get back in the game. Nat has advantage because she knows she is working for tokens to get back in.

If I'm looking at how the cast is dividing things, Old School/New School is basically pre/post Hantz.
Hantz was all like season 19-22 range. Idols started season 11 and final 3 started season 13. So def the first 10 seasons are old school. Pure old school. I'd say 11-19 is iffy. And then 20-40 is def new school. The last time they did the auction was like season 30. Loved the auction. And is was more important with old school as they were more starved. So maybe there is an old old school, a mid school (or just old school) and then new school....each decade. Eeek, what comes next with new new school??? Big brother basically. Or they will continue with the solving social issues of the times. NO thanks!

I mean, personally I think "Old School" (Golden Age?) ends around Palau or Guatemala. (1-11) Over the two seasons we saw three concepts play tested and later incorporated - Exile Island, hidden Immunity Idols and one returning player per tribe. So of the players in the current season, Ethan, Sandra, Rob, Amber and Danni (5) would be "old school".

"Middle School" (Silver Age?) is tougher to pin down. I'd probably go Panama to Samoa. (12-19) It's a bit arbitrary, but here you had a lot of winners who put a premium on strategy and social game over physical prowess. And then in Samoa, Russell broke the game. In WaW, you've got Yul and Parvati, oddly enough from the same season, and Tyson (3).

"Middle School 2" (Bronze Age?) starts with Heroes vs Villains and ends with one of the Blood Vs Water seasons. I'll say San Juan del Sur (20-29). You had 6 seasons with at least 2 returning players, more than a few retired pro athletes, Jimmy Johnson and 2 transplants from The Amazing Race. From here you got Sophie, Kim, Denise, Tony, Sarah, Jeremy and Natalie (7).

And finally, there's "New School" (Modern Age?), going from World's Apart to IotI (30-39). Lots of hidden idols and a premium on BIG MOVE BIG MOVE BIG MOVE. Concepts that didn't appear to work or seemed to be born out of shenanigans. Lots of male winners (8-2). From here you have Michele, Adam, Ben, Wendell and Nick (5).

I dunno, does that seem to line up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter