Swamp Tours/Airboat Rides Recommendations

BOTL76

Mouseketeer
We are looking at options for our trip (early December 2023) for something we have never done before outside of the Theme Parks.

With that we started searching and looking into Swamp Tours/Airboat Rides.

We were pleasantly surprised with the variety of options and numerous positive ratings of a number of places offering these. (many 4.5 stars and up out of 5)

I was looking for any feedback/recommendations as we are having a tough time narrowing it down. Time is obviously on our side to make a decision, on our current planning schedule looking to visit a place like this between December 4-7th.

Some more details of our group:
total travel party will be at least 10 of us, possibly 14 (waiting on one other family that might join us).
Youngest in travel party will be 9 years old (loves all rides, adventures and thrills), rest of the "kids" are ages 10-14, plus 4 adults and 1 senior (who is up for an adventure/thrill like this)
We are staying near the Champions Gate Resort area
We don't mind paying a bit more if that helps separate certain vendors from the rest that are offering these experiences.

Appreciate any advice!

Thanks

I haven't done it near Orlando but we did one after a cruise that was out of Fort Lauderdale and it was a lot of fun. Though I held onto kiddo whenever we stopped because I felt he was too close to the edge and the gators were right there!! Not that he was in any danger of course, just mom thing I guess. We also ate some gator fritters at the place for a snack, which I have to admit was a little weird. I think kiddo was 7 at the time? Might have been 8. Any way, he really enjoyed it as well, he got to hold a baby gator at the park when we got back from the airboat portion. I can't comment on any of the places where you are looking but I would recommend the experience in general as being fun
1689718162716.png

I've done the Airboat Rides at Midway near Christmas. East of Orlando. This was 10 yrs ago. At that time, they also had other reptiles and critters on display and we could hold a baby gator. It's more of a rustic, old Florida experience. A throw back to the 70s and 80s roadside attractions. Like what Gatorland used to be but on a much smaller scale with a very good airboat ride as the headliner. Might not be for everyone. Don't think I can provide a link but just google 'airboat rides at midway florida' and you'll find their website.

We did the airboat ride in Ft Lauderdale. It was a lot of fun. Sounds like it could be same one @hdrolfe went to. It was old school Florida. They had a gator show with a guy wrestling a gator. Youngest daughter had the gator bites! It was fun.

Wow I haven't been on the boards in quite a while but anyways we did a ride a few years ago with Spirit of the Swamp and loved it. HIghly reccomend but they had smaller boats like 6 person boats. Very personable. I would do it again

Check out "The Black Hammock" boat tours. Not sure if it would be too far for you or not. I haven't personally been but I live near there and I have always heard great things about their tours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter