Swan or Boardwalk?

Runnergal

Mouseketeer
Which one for dh and I marathon weekend? I have to decide soon. BWI is around $250 more total, but it is appealing because we have never stayed there yet. We don't use magical express so that's not a factor. Any reason to pick one over the other?

Quick thoughts:
Dining plan matter?

You mind paying 13 bux for magic bands if you want them?

Have you figured in the parking fee, and the "resort fee?"

All in all, for 250 more total, I MIGHT choose BWI depending on room cfg (beds and balcony, perhaps) and how far away it REALLY is from getting to the walkways, or busses. I'm a Swan fan for beds, ease of walking, price, and their pool system is just fantastic. I don't care about the dp, or dme at all*, and I don't bring a car.

*I'd rather user uber, and leave when I want to, and it's cheap, so I can figure it into the price difference.

No matter which one you stay at, you'll need to take a bus to the start for every race. The course for the Full Marathon runs past the Swan and Dolphin, Yacht and Beach Clubs.

Swan is our go-to if we want to stay in the EP area and I've missed out on all the WDW discounts. It's a lovely hotel with very comfortable rooms. That being said, I would always rather stay at BWI (I actually prefer BWV and would do a studio there over a regular room at BWI, but that's just my preference). If $250 doesn't break the bank, I would do BWI. If you'd rather spend the money on something else, go Swan.

I prefer Boardwalk but Swan is fine as long as you are prepared to pay daily resort fee and parking fee plus buy magic bands that you will be unable to use for purchases . If you know the down side then you will not be unpleasantly surprised. I just love the atmosphere at the Boardwalk and my grandson loves the community hall to decompress .

I prefer Boardwalk but Swan is fine as long as you are prepared to pay daily resort fee and parking fee plus buy magic bands that you will be unable to use for purchases . If you know the down side then you will not be unpleasantly surprised. I just love the atmosphere at the Boardwalk and my grandson loves the community hall to decompress .

There is no need to purchase MagicBands. Guests at Swan/Dolphin can simply get plastic ticket cards to enter the parks and utilize FP+.

Boardwalk by a long shot. You can charge purchases to your MagicBand (hugely convenient!) and will not incur resort or parking fees (for self-parking). Plus, the atmosphere is, in my opinion, much better at Boardwalk.

DW and I love the BWI! Something about the theming resonates with us.

The Swan feels like a convention hotel to me. Maybe that is because the first time I visited the Swan was for a convention and it felt like many of the other convention hotels I have visited.

If you can spare the dollars I predict you will enjoy the Boardwalk.

$250.00 isn't much more, so i'd go with BWI. The Swan might be more "Luxurious", but you will get magic bands and the convenience of charging to your room - since you aren't using Magical Express, that's really the only other benefit I can think of to choose BWI over the Swan - except personal taste in theme which is a matter of opinion.

The BWI for sure!!

It has been our go to resort for the last few years. We love the location, right in the middle of everything. Quick walk to EP and a nice walk to DS. The BW is so fun at night, we love the entertainment and bars.

The decor is awesome and the pool is super fun.

One of the PP's said it - if you have a car with you the 250.00 difference between Swan and BWI will be eatten up quickly.

The beds at the Swan are heavenly ( I think they are even called that ) but the beds at BWI aren't too shabby. The theme at BWI is wayyy better. The Swan lacks that Disney feel, but if that is not a concern then it's basically just weighing out the locations and other amenities.

If you aren't driving and your $250 difference has already factored in the resort fees, I'd go with Swan. I love all the Epcot resorts and have and do stay at all of them, for me, I stay at whichever one is less. I can have some pretty good meals for that $250.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter