Has anyone watched the Disney Wedding show? I am watching it now on Disney Plus while I type this up. And OMG! i know these people got this stuff for the show. But how amazing!!! The first couple had a private Happily Ever After Fireworks show!!! AMAZING!!!!!

I think Danielle has seen them all. I've caught bits and pieces as she watched them.

Great picture!

Gwen and Andy wanted the Candied Bacon, So we grabbed that on the way over towards

DH and I finally tried this last month.

And as I was ordering Andy yells for me to get him a Citrus Swirl, cause we didn't have enough sweets already. Hey, we were on vacation!

It's August and hot so there's no such thing as too many cold sweets.

Once everyone had treats, we headed to our "secret spot" and enjoyed our treats.

We tried to use this but someone was already there. Maybe next weekend will have success.

So much fun going on in this picture!

Has anyone watched the Disney Wedding show? I am watching it now on Disney Plus while I type this up. And OMG! i know these people got this stuff for the show. But how amazing!!! The first couple had a private Happily Ever After Fireworks show!!! AMAZING!!!!!

Yess! I can only imagine how much it would cost to pay for this stuff out of pocket but it really looks amazing.

Kari and I let the girls each pick one fast pass for the day, and we coordinated our fast passes. Well, Kari made hers first as this was there last day and this was our first. But it worked out well, as they basically picked the 3 big rides.

Awesome!

There was a photo pass person standing right there and only one family. So, we grabed a group picture!

What a great picture of all of you!

Casey was kind enough to carry some napkins for us in her ears!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

We got stuck at the fox pushing the bear. They even turned the lights on and a CM walked by. And then back again. (at least I think that was this time) But after awhile it looks a little suggestive… Somebody may have noticed it sooner than others....

Omg :rotfl::rotfl:

Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone is fairing ok that is getting this storm. We are to get some snow today but not much. maybe 1-3 inches. Which doesn't really count in my book. But we are planning hunker down and just relax today! So, hopefully I can get another post or two in today!

I've not done the Speedway in years and with my recent neck surgery, I'm not sure I will ever do that one again. :( Of the floats I've tried, I think the PP one is my favorite. So refreshing!
You aren't missing much the speedway. I have to think and hope that there are plans to update it eventually.

How fun to have met so many of my favorite DISers in just one day!! :)
It was great. There ended up being so many that week! And it wasn't our last dis meet of the day!

DH and I finally tried this last month.
And.... Did you guys like it? Andy still moarns the pork shank that was at Gaston's

It's August and hot so there's no such thing as too many cold sweets.
It really was hot that week! I think this day Kari told us that it had been hotter earlier in the week!

We tried to use this but someone was already there. Maybe next weekend will have success.
Man, guess it isn't that secret!

So much fun going on in this picture!
I love that we know everyone in the picture!

Yess! I can only imagine how much it would cost to pay for this stuff out of pocket but it really looks amazing.
Seriously! And the people have very normal jobs so there is no way they would have afforded those weddings! But the theme of all of the weddings was def that they were VERY small # of guests.

Day Two: Potato Barrels or Tator Tots?

We had left off saying good bye to Caroline. It was very busy in Magic Kingdom today. With the previews for Galaxy's Edge, I think a lot of folks came to do that and a Halloween Party. So, what do you do when it's busy in Magic Kingdom? Go and Ride It's a Small World, of course!

So, we went and rode that. Girls got to sit together, so they were happy.

IASQ - Bird
I try and take pictures of different things each time, but I think I might be running out of things to take pictures of!

IASW Hippo

After It's a Small World, I our Space Mountain Fast Passes were ready to be used! Andy skipped riding this time. It has become too jerky for his back (he has already had 2 back surgeries) He can do it, but for the most part it just isn't worth it. So, he sat this one out.

The rest of us headed in!

Space Mountian
The girls got to all ride in one rocket.

Space Mountain Ride Photo
This picture cracks me up, Casey knows exactly where to look, Morgan is ready to go and Gwen looks like she isn't so sure...

The adults had a good ride as well.

We meet up with Andy in the dump shop there. We all wandered around and checked out the merch.

Casey was shopping for a phone cover, so Morgan was checking them out as well. As she was a new owner of a phone.

Gwen and her Porgs
Gwen found these. And no none of these came home with us. Which I have to say it is a little weak that there is Star Wars merch at Space Mountain. I mean why? Anyway...

Morgan ended up finding a Star Wars Journal and pins that she wanted. So, we purchased that for her. We said good bye to Casey, Kari, and Jason. But it wasn't sad, we were meeting up for dinner later!

We decided to grab a light / late lunch before leaving the park.

Andy and Gwen stopped t the Cool Wash kiosk and got a soda and a Churro for Gwen. Morgan wanted a soft pretzel, so I mobile ordered that and a Space Ranger Slush for Morgan.

We sat down right by Launch Pad to eat.

Space Ranger Slush
The Slush was Grape and Sour Apple-layered Slushy served with a Candy Straw. It was good enough. Nothing amazing but nice and cold and sweet, which is all I would expect it to be.

Mickey Pretzel
Morgan was very happy with her pretzel.

While Andy and the girls sat, I decided that I wanted a certain snack as well. So, I ran over to Friar's Nook to try and get some Potato Barrels. Thankfully the line wasn't very long, as it was 2:00.

Buffalo Chicken Tater Tots
I love these! Buffalo Chicken Tator Tots! I am admittly a sucker for anything buffalo and realistically they are just tator tots with buffalo chicken. But still! Andy and I split this.

Plain Tots & Plastic Cheese
I also ended up getting an order of kids plain tots with cheese for Gwen. That she kind of picked at. I think we all kind of split these as well.

Once we were done, it was time to head back to the hotel to rest for a bit.

On our way out, I noticed someone doing the superzoom shot. And only 1 family doing it. So we hopped in line!

After that we finally headed out. We did get a quick dip in the pool.

Untitled

After a quick swim, we headed back to the room to relax and get showered up.

Up next... more dis meets and dinner!

Gwen with the Porgs is so cute! It's like she's the mama and they are her baby porgs - lol

Those buffalo taters did not look so appetizing, but I could see how they could taste good. Is that diced celery?! How clever...

Last edited:
Day Two: Dis-Meet with Drinks!

I left us off with some resting and cleaning up before dinner. We headed out to Disney springs. We were able to use the bus times on the app to time when we needed to be at the bus stop to grab a bus.

M&G On the Bus by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
The girls are pretty excitied for dinner! No?

We arrived at Disney Spring right at 5:00 and headed to Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar.

Everyone was already there! Who you ask?
Dis Meet
@pepperandchips, @ariane37 and her husband Steve and @kastoney and her family!

We said our hellos and we ordered drinks! of course.

Cool-headed Monkey
I started with the Cool Headed Monkey drink.
Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon, and Pineapple Juice

The Tangerine Liqueur is really makes it different. And tasty.

We all sat around and chatted and relaxed.

We also ordered the Temple of Bacon for the girls as well. Gwen had been really looking forward to this. And she wanted to video tape the the reveal of the bacon.

We were all chit chatting and I noticed the watress coming out with the bacon and I was trying to get Gwen attention to get her phone ready. And she didn't hear me.

Well, the waitress didn't really want to wait, and basically Gwen missed the video-ing the whole thing. Which put her into a downward spiral and some crying may have happened.

Temple of Bacon

Untitled
You can see Gwen's sadness in this picture.

Temple of Bacon
The girls ate the bacon, I didn't try any but they seemed to like it.

Gwen was also a bit hangry. So once she ate some, she felt better.

Untitled

Untitled

Melinda (aka @pepperandchips) did manage to get a video of it! Thanks again! Which helped save the day a little. But I think it was more about her doing it than anything.

Dis Meet
Gwen did recouperate eventually. As you can see for the group pic from this angle.

By now it was time for another drink. Arianne decided to order the Anything Goes drink. I jumped on the band wagon and ordered the same as well.

Anything Goes

This was my new favorite drink!

It was made with byejoe dragon fire spirit, fresh Lime Juice, Passion Fruit, and Pineapple Juice
And I am pretty sure the byejoe dragon fire spirit is what was so unique about it.

Menu

Ariane & me
Ariane and myself both approved of the drink!

Gwen and Casey were entertaining themselves making videos with there wishables that they had brought this them. The show was called "Hello Butt Cheeks!"
Gwen & Casey entertaining themselves
They were using the napkins as the backround for there stage.

Morgan did some Stickers By Number but was bored after awhile. She was kind of lost in the middle, not an adult but too old to want to “play” with Casey and Gwen.
Morgan entertaining herself

I believe there was also some wishables trying to swim in glasses of water also?

All too soon, we had to head to our next destination, dinner!

All the Dis Ladies
But not with out on last picture before we left.

We had to say goodbye to Melinda while the rest of us were headed to dinner!

up next dinner!

Awesome dismeet ! I have only gone to Jock Lindsey’s once but I think y’all have now convinced me to revisit.

They are good about it, but they usually just leave them at there feet, so it's not hard to remember. I find they forget things on the days that they don't have the bags. and stuff there ears in the pockets and what not.

That makes sense. If they all have one place to put, they're less liable to try and squeeze it in somewhere.
(And Evie would definitely try and pack her backpack with random items! :rotfl: )

We chatted and relaxed a bit. Where we met up with ANOTHER diser!!!

Oh wow! You had a lot of DISmeets this day.

Andy skipped riding this time. It has become too jerky for his back (he has already had 2 back surgeries) He can do it, but for the most part it just isn't worth it. So, he sat this one out.

Space is definitely one the jerkier rides at Disney.

Sounds like this was a really fun-filled day. So many DISers to enjoy food and rides with.

Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone is fairing ok that is getting this storm. We are to get some snow today but not much. maybe 1-3 inches. Which doesn't really count in my book. But we are planning hunker down and just relax today! So, hopefully I can get another post or two in today!
We did the same thing yesterday but the calls for ice were just a dusting of snow and rain! I did clean my closet out and make sauce and lasagna so we'll call that success!

This picture cracks me up, Casey knows exactly where to look, Morgan is ready to go and Gwen looks like she isn't so sure...
That is too funny! Casey never misses a chance to ham it up. Headed to the natural history museum this afternoon. Can't wait to see what she does!

48619602048_d5f40d9e35_z.jpg
Mickey Pretzel
I don't know why but Mickey Pretzels really just are the best!

Buffalo Chicken Tater Tots
I love these! Buffalo Chicken Tator Tots! I am admittly a sucker for anything buffalo and realistically they are just tator tots with buffalo chicken. But still! Andy and I split this.
I take that back, give me some of these please. I'm all about everything buffalo too and this looks right up my alley. Now suddenly wanting buffalo for dinner instead of all that lasagna I have waiting

Dis Meet
@pepperandchips, @ariane37 and her husband Steve and @kastoney and her family!
How is it possible that we don't look like its 9000 degrees out?

Untitled
You can see Gwen's sadness in this picture.
Poor Gwen. Did you all ever get back there on your November trip?

Dis Meet
Gwen did recouperate eventually. As you can see for the group pic from this angle.
We look so different from this angle

he show was called "Hello Butt Cheeks!"
I totally forgot the name of the show. I'll have to see if I can unearth some of the videos when I write about this next October :P

Day Two: Dinner with dis-friends

I left us off saying good bye to Melinda. The rest of us took the long walk from Jock LIndsay's over to Morimoto Asia! I was super excitied about eating here again. Andy and I had eaten there on our first adults only trip and we were looking at going again.

It was about 7:00 by now, which is late for the girls for dinner, so they were getting a little hangy. But not too bad.

We were seated fairly quickly. The waiter gave the kids how to make oragami and some paper. This kept Morgan entertained for awhile. Although all 3 girls weren't very successful at making anything.

Working on there Oragami
You can see that all 3 were engrossed in the task at hand for at least a little while.

Oragami

Morgan's Oragami
This was Morgan's end result.... Clearly it's a fotune cookie...

We were sat at a round table right near the kitchen. And in the middle of the table was a big lazy susan. Which ended up being very handy for many things, as you will see!

Adults had a great time chatting, and we had a hard time stopping to decide what to order. But never fear, drinks were ordered!

Snap Pea Martini
I ordered a Snap Pea Martini. I thought it sounded interesting and it def tasted intersting! And for the life of me, I can't find a description of the drink anywhere! Kari & Arianne both tried it and neither of them liked it. I thought it was ok, but I don't think I would order it again.

I think Andy ordered an Orange Blossom Beer. Excellent beer, if you find it on a list. But it's well beer.
Ha!

Steve, aka the king of the Moscow Mule, asked if they could make him a "Japanese Mule" which they did, and they even had the copper cup!

We finally ordered some food.

For appatizers, Andy and I ordered the Kanikama Rangoon

Kanikama Rangoon
krab meat and cream cheese spring roll, apricot sweet chili sauce

These were really good. And intersting rolled up all long and skinny. Morgan even ate one! Andy ended up across from me, so we had to spin the lazy susan around to share out items.

And then we also split the RIBS!!!!! Which I apparently don't have a picture of. But these are soooo good. I think Morgan ate one fo these as well. (Did I meantion that Morgan was hungry?)

Tiny Towels
They did bring out these tiny towels to use after eating the ribs. They were so cute and warm!

Before this trip, I was talking up Casey's eating skills and Gwen "CLAIMED" she was going to eat whatever Casey ate tonight...

So, this was tested early on, as Kari and Casey orderd some sushi to start with... I think one was just a California rolls. And Kari being an amazing friend was more than willing to share a piece with Gwen...

Do you want to guess how much of the 1 piece of sushi Gwen tried?!?!

Literally 1 grain of rice. LITERALLY 1 grain of rice!!!!! Oye! It was pathetic!

So, the lesson folks..... Gwen talks a BIG game! Ha!

Any way, sometime during dinner, the girls wishables became the center of attention with everyone.

Splash Mountain Parade
They got a ride on the Lazy Susan in some soy sauce containers (before soy sauce was added)

Splash Mountain Parade
There is a good video that I will try and add of the adults filming the wishables on the lazy susan.

Possum Drink'n
One wishable may have snuck a drink or two of Steve's Japanese Mule....

A little Frog?
One poor frog almost got eaten!

For dinner, Morgan ordered the kids Ramen. Which I also have no picture of. But Morgan really enjoyed this. And if we came back, I think Gwen would order this now as well. Ramen has become a staple in our house lately.

Gwen ordered the kids Mac and Cheese. It was your basic Mac and cheese. No photo of that either.

Andy and I ordered the Buri-Bop as did Kari and Jason.

Morimoto "Buri-Bop"
korean-style yellowtail rice bowl served in a hot clay pot, finished with egg yolk, prepared tableside

I was sooooo excitied for this!!! Kari had given it rave reviews and it is totally up our alley.

But as they were cooking it at the table, Jason kept saying that the clay pot wasn't hot enough. And was we started eating it, you could tell that it wasn't at all.

Jason said something to our waiter, and he touched the clay pot, as was like, yup, it's not. Took both back.

The second versions were hotter but not as hot as Jason would have liked.

Untitled by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

It was still really good! But the rice didn't really get crispy on the outside. I would try it again, though.

Andy and I also split 2 sushi rolls with dinner, the Spicy Yellowtail Sushi & the Spider Sushi roll. I liked the Spicy Yellowtail better than the Spider Sushi.

Arianne at some point got photographic evidence of us all having dinner together!
Andy, Gwen & Casey

Kari & Me

The Guys

Towards the end of the meal, a guy at a table not too far from us stood up and started making an announcement. I want to say it was someones birthday.
Morgan enjoying someone else's embarrasement
The girls really got a kick out of it. And I think Morgan was just glad it wasn't her!

We had a great night, and it really felt like we had known each other forever! So, funny how that works.
Cheers!

The Dis Ladies

SInce Morgan and Gwen ordered off the kids menu, they got Churros for dessert.
Kid Churros

Since they both got an order and Casey didn't have dessert, they both shared a churro with Casey to have dessert with them.

Unfortantly it was time to head out! It was about 9:00 by now, and we had our previews for Galaxy's Edge tomorrow morning. And Kari and family was heading onto the next part of there vacation.

One last pic
Or course, we had to get one more picture....

The Dis Kids
Gwen and Casey needed there own photo opt. And choose a "better" spot.

The Dis Kids

Dis Selfie
Looking at this picture, I need to see if I have the actual selfie of them on Gwen's phone...

We finally said our goodbyes and parted ways.

We walked towards the bus depot, which was a LONG walk all the way down and then around and back to the other end to our bus stall. We waited a bit for a bus, but I don't remember it being too bad.

Once back at Coronado, we were close enough to walk from the Tower stop but the girls didn’t want to walk. So, we just rode all the way around to our stop.

We got back to the room, changed and went to sleep. Tomorrow was a BIG day!!!

up next... Galaxy's Edge AP Previews!!!

Trip Goals:

So, I almost forgot that I had made a list of trip goals for this trip, ala @Jenny Sanders!

So, here is my list:

• Try the Temple of Bacon
  • See as much as humanly possible in Galaxy's Edge
  • Have as many dis meets as possible
  • Actually eat at Beaches & Cream
  • Keep Sanaa Reservation (can we say Bread Service!!!!!)
  • Finally try Nomad's Lounge
  • Get a Hot Pink Corkscicle from Wine Bar George, The Basket
  • Morgan wants to find a key chain & cell phone case. Maybe get Gwen a backpack ala Casey did today.
  • See at least one night time show
  • Find Christmas Ornament that represents our trip
  • Get a new Coffee Mug.
  • Have FUN!!!!!

I think this first officially day we already were able to check off a couple!

• Try the Temple of Bacon - Check - Even if it didn't go quiet as planned.
  • Have as many dis meets as possible - I think we did a good job all in one day!

So, what do you do when it's busy in Magic Kingdom? Go and Ride It's a Small World, of course!

Exactly what I do too. Good choice!
Andy skipped riding this time. It has become too jerky for his back (he has already had 2 back surgeries) He can do it, but for the most part it just isn't worth it. So, he sat this one out.

Yeah, I think my days of this are over as well. :( Sadly. The neck just can't do it anymore.

Holy smokes! I need this!!

Awww, look at you all! What a great photo!

We were seated fairly quickly. The waiter gave the kids how to make oragami and some paper. This kept Morgan entertained for awhile. Although all 3 girls weren't very successful at making anything.

Origami is HARD!!
And then we also split the RIBS!!!!!

I need to go back there just to get the ribs!

Tiny Towels
They did bring out these tiny towels to use after eating the ribs. They were so cute and warm!

Those right there would have been worth the order of the ribs.

Any way, sometime during dinner, the girls wishables became the center of attention with everyone.

Okay, that whole thing was funny! Loved all the scenarios of their shenanigans.

Andy and I ordered the Buri-Bop as did Kari and Jason.

That's what I had a few years back and it was amazing! wish your pot had been hotter!

We walked towards the bus depot, which was a LONG walk all the way down and then around and back to the other end to our bus stall. We waited a bit for a bus, but I don't remember it being too bad.

I hate that walk. It's FOREVER out there. I wished they'd just kept it where it was before the re-do.

I wrote about a litte mishaps on my thread a few chapters back. I put up a chapter today too... hope to see you there. :)

Trip Goals:

So, I almost forgot that I had made a list of trip goals for this trip, ala @Jenny Sanders!

So, here is my list:

• Try the Temple of Bacon
  • See as much as humanly possible in Galaxy's Edge
  • Have as many dis meets as possible
  • Actually eat at Beaches & Cream
  • Keep Sanaa Reservation (can we say Bread Service!!!!!)
  • Finally try Nomad's Lounge
  • Get a Hot Pink Corkscicle from Wine Bar George, The Basket
  • Morgan wants to find a key chain & cell phone case. Maybe get Gwen a backpack ala Casey did today.
  • See at least one night time show
  • Find Christmas Ornament that represents our trip
  • Get a new Coffee Mug.
  • Have FUN!!!!!

I think this first officially day we already were able to check off a couple!

• Try the Temple of Bacon - Check - Even if it didn't go quiet as planned.
  • Have as many dis meets as possible - I think we did a good job all in one day!

Your trip goals are fun! Hope you got to do all of them!

I try and take pictures of different things each time, but I think I might be running out of things to take pictures of!

Same but I can't seem to stop myself.

I don't ride this anymore either.

:rotfl2:

The adults had a good ride as well.

Love this!!

While Andy and the girls sat, I decided that I wanted a certain snack as well. So, I ran over to Friar's Nook to try and get some Potato Barrels. Thankfully the line wasn't very long, as it was 2:00.

Danielle wanted some loaded tots last month but we ran out of time. Hoping to get some on Sunday.

I agree about the mk constructing out front - such a bummer!

And how cute is Gwen vlogging!

How fun to have so many dismeets and to ride on splash together!

Your drinks and dinner sounded so good! Poor Gwen with the bacon. You'd think the waitress could have waited 🙄 have you guys ever eaten at The Edison? They have their bacon on a clothes line which isn't quite the presentation that Jock Lindsay's had but it's very good! I think it's close to what they have in MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter