The Slush was Grape and Sour Apple-layered Slushy served with a Candy Straw. It was good enough. Nothing amazing but nice and cold and sweet, which is all I would expect it to be.
Sounds sickeningly sweet...BUT I would drink anything that comes with a candy straw instead of one of those awful paper ones LOL

48627138471_b2522b3dfd_z.jpg
Aww, hello to some of my favorite DIS peeps :) What a fun crew to hang out with!

Morgan did some Stickers By Number but was bored after awhile. She was kind of lost in the middle, not an adult but too old to want to “play” with Casey and Gwen.
Poor Morgan :( I remember being in that position when I wasn't old enough to hang out with my "big" cousins, and yet all my younger cousins were like babies to me. It's such a tough thing to navigate!!

Literally 1 grain of rice. LITERALLY 1 grain of rice!!!!! Oye! It was pathetic!

So, the lesson folks..... Gwen talks a BIG game! Ha!
LOL Oh, Gwen! I mean, technically she did eat something Casey ate though LOL

What an awesome day you guys had! And you even got time for a dip in the pool in there!!

Origami is HARD!!
Seriously Hard! Morgan had a whole kit and that didn't go well either.

Those right there would have been worth the order of the ribs.
So cute, right?

Okay, that whole thing was funny! Loved all the scenarios of their shenanigans.
You know, why do the kids get to have all of the fun?

I hate that walk. It's FOREVER out there. I wished they'd just kept it where it was before the re-do.
It is so far! Why couldn't they have two ways in or something?!?!

I wrote about a litte mishaps on my thread a few chapters back. I put up a chapter today too... hope to see you there. :)
I need to hop over!

Your trip goals are awesome!!!! I totally forgot to do it for this current trip. Lol!!!! I’ll have to think of some new ones for March...
Thanks! Having trip goals are good to remember what you wnat to do once you are there and in the moment.

Your trip goals are fun! Hope you got to do all of them!
Thanks!

Danielle wanted some loaded tots last month but we ran out of time. Hoping to get some on Sunday.
I hope you did.

Sounds like an awesome evening!
It was an awsome evening. Nice and relaxing.

Your drinks and dinner sounded so good! Poor Gwen with the bacon. You'd think the waitress could have waited 🙄 have you guys ever eaten at The Edison? They have their bacon on a clothes line which isn't quite the presentation that Jock Lindsay's had but it's very good! I think it's close to what they have in MK!
We have not been to the Edison. I will just bribe her with extra candied bacon in MK! She loves that one too.

Sounds sickeningly sweet...BUT I would drink anything that comes with a candy straw instead of one of those awful paper ones LOL
Sorry to tell you this, but it was a paper straw with the candy on it. To Gwen's dismay... she also hates those paper straws.

LOL Oh, Gwen! I mean, technically she did eat something Casey ate though LOL
technially doesn't count in my book. But I also didn't really think she was going to eat it. I was hopeful but didn't really think she would.

I try and take pictures of different things each time, but I think I might be running out of things to take pictures of!

Same! Plus I forget what I took pictures of last time lol

I love these! Buffalo Chicken Tator Tots! I am admittly a sucker for anything buffalo and realistically they are just tator tots with buffalo chicken. But still! Andy and I split this.

Oo those sound delicious! I want to try them.

I started with the Cool Headed Monkey drink.

I love that drink!

Well, the waitress didn't really want to wait, and basically Gwen missed the video-ing the whole thing. Which put her into a downward spiral and some crying may have happened.

Oh no! I don't blame Gwen for being upset- the presentation is really the highlight of the dish.

Gwen and Casey were entertaining themselves making videos with there wishables that they had brought this them. The show was called "Hello Butt Cheeks!"

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Morgan did some Stickers By Number but was bored after awhile. She was kind of lost in the middle, not an adult but too old to want to “play” with Casey and Gwen.

Aw :sad1: I feel like that's what's so hard about the preteen/young teen years. You feel older than younger kids but you're really too young to hang out with the adults so it just makes you feel more awkward.

Before this trip, I was talking up Casey's eating skills and Gwen "CLAIMED" she was going to eat whatever Casey ate tonight...

Oo good strategy.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Lol! How adorable. It looks like they're floating along in Splash Mountain logs lol.

Ok, caught up!
But I forgot to mention that we found our Mickey Ears on the bed like this.
Gwen: Mickey Ears

And Gwen LOVED IT!!!
I love this! Very cute!
We got stuck at the fox pushing the bear. They even turned the lights on and a CM walked by. And then back again. (at least I think that was this time) But after awhile it looks a little suggestive… Somebody may have noticed it sooner than others.... @kastoney
Lol!
Someone may have noticed this the first time she ever rode it. And this may or may not be someones favorite gif
Oh wow. I am just speechless!
On our way out, I noticed someone doing the superzoom shot. And only 1 family doing it. So we hopped in line!
Nice! I totally forgot to do this in January, so I'll need to do it this upcoming trip!

Playing catch up! but caught up before the preview day!!

Didn't to to many quotes becaseu i am SOOOO behind! But Love this Dis meet full day!

Has anyone watched the Disney Wedding show? I am watching it now on Disney Plus while I type this up. And OMG! i know these people got this stuff for the show. But how amazing!!! The first couple had a private Happily Ever After Fireworks show!!! AMAZING!!!!!

Ummm i do not know this show, but i feel like i 100% need to look it up and watch it RIGHT NOW!

There was a photo pass person standing right there and only one family. So, we grabed a group picture!

So cute!

The adults had a good ride as well.

The Adults 100% have the better ride photo!

Buffalo Chicken Tater Tots
I love these! Buffalo Chicken Tator Tots! I am admittly a sucker for anything buffalo and realistically they are just tator tots with buffalo chicken. But still! Andy and I split this.

this looks good! I also love just about anything Buffalo!

We were seated fairly quickly. The waiter gave the kids how to make oragami and some paper. This kept Morgan entertained for awhile. Although all 3 girls weren't very successful at making anything.

Dillon is so into origami right now, we have about 30 of them all over the house! She names them too.... i feel like i need to add this to our trip just for this!

So, the lesson folks..... Gwen talks a BIG game! Ha!
haha! OMG kids! Dillon LOVES sushi, or so she will tell you, but she will only eat one type of sushi, and order 5 pieces of it... its not ok!

What a fun evening in DS, so nice the girls all get along well and like to spend time together.
I went to Jock Lindsey’s this trip and enjoyed the Cool Headed Monkey.

I found a place and booked us a reservation on my phone while Andy drove around in a circle to loop around to get to the new parking place. It took awhile but we had time thankfully!
Yikes! Sorry for the flight delay and difficulty finding a parking spot, but glad that it seemed to work out.
Morgan survived by herself but it was weird. The stewardess assumed that the couple next to Morgan was her parents. It was a bit odd. And I really just don't understand Southwest age cut off for family boarding. But we survived. And we were very close to the front! Probably the closest we had ever been!
::yes:: That is weird. I don't mind flying Southwest by myself, but I've always been kind of hesitant to want to fly it with the kids because of the whole no reserved seats thing.
But then FINALLY our last bag came out! Our bag was literally the last bag out!!!
Of course it was. At least it made it!
We finally got into the room around 1:15 AM, It was late!
:faint:
The lobby was really beautiful!

They have a direct connection from the new building to the old lobby area. You kind of walk past all of the old check in area. And let me tell you, that was a huge area and the new check in area is not!
It looks awesome. Coronado isn't my favorite moderate, but I think I'd like to give it another try sometime to see the new changes there.
While we were waiting, this conversation was happening.
Untitled
I am not even really sure why this was a conversation, but it was....
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
We had a light lunch and played some Uno. (a game I grew up playing with my grandparents) We stayed till about 3:00 when we could tell that my grandfather was getting tired. It was a nice visit and very laid back.
Sounds like a wonderful visit!
She said she wanted to do this each night! Which is so cute but really?!?! Like I don't have enough trying to remember to lay out the gifts before I pass out every night. Oye!
:faint:
We were having a good time just lounging and eating. We talked about things that I can no longer remember but I do remember it being a heated debate about god only knows what. Probably what Star Wars character is the best or something... (that is a converstion WAY too many times in this house)
Sounds like an important debate!
Not a bad way to spend an evening having a laid back meal and talking Star Wars.
And this lady! I don't like her! I feel like they are trying to phase out Stacey!!!
No! You can't phase out Stacey!
For some strange reason, they were most excitied about the pouch of reusable straws!
::yes:: Better than paper.
Halloween was already up. Which I do have to say was weird. I get it but meh, I would have been ok with just regular MK in August.
I get it... I mean I do appreciate the fall decorations, but when it is still hot enough to melt asphalt... too soon.
And then as we were headed towards the hub. We passed our Friend from college and her daughter. We didn't know they were going to be here, till the day we arrived. So, didn't have plans to really see each other. We stopped and said a quick hello.
Cool! Always fun to bump into someone you know but don't expect to see there.
nd as I was ordering Andy yells for me to get him a Citrus Swirl, cause we didn't have enough sweets already. Hey, we were on vacation!
:thumbsup2
The girls, of course needed to try and get spit on, on, the way.
::yes:: Gotta cool off!
Gwen tried to take photos in the zip lock bag. And was using her flash. Oye. Had to turn the flash off for them. Kids these days!
At least she wasn't bothering random strangers. :rolleyes1
We all used the bathroom after. And talked with Caroline a bit. Then parted ways. Caroline was headed back to her room to rest. It was great to see her and ride a ride with her and her daughter.
::yes:: Great that you got to visit with them!
I'm big on buffalo chicken anything too... sounds good!
@pepperandchips, @ariane37 and her husband Steve and @kastoney and her family!
Wow! Racking up the Dis-meets right away!
We were all chit chatting and I noticed the watress coming out with the bacon and I was trying to get Gwen attention to get her phone ready. And she didn't hear me.

Well, the waitress didn't really want to wait, and basically Gwen missed the video-ing the whole thing. Which put her into a downward spiral and some crying may have happened.
Uh oh...
Gwen was also a bit hangry. So once she ate some, she felt better.
Glad she could calm down some. I'm sure the food helped a lot.
I can remember those days when I was growing up
Do you want to guess how much of the 1 piece of sushi Gwen tried?!?!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Better than none!
Since they both got an order and Casey didn't have dessert, they both shared a churro with Casey to have dessert with them.

Unfortantly it was time to head out! It was about 9:00 by now, and we had our previews for Galaxy's Edge tomorrow morning. And Kari and family was heading onto the next part of there vacation.
Looks like a nice meal with friends! I'm glad you were able to get together and enjoy it with everyone!
I found the selfie Casey and Gwen took.
:thumbsup2

Just catching up after a couple of long, hard weeks getting settled back into work after my time off for surgery. Always a hard transition and it takes me so long to catch up on the DIS. But I'm back and saying hi!

I'm impressed at how much you remembered from August. I barely remember what we did in Disney christmas week before and after our cruise. I know I can't remember anything from when we did our Galaxy's edge preview. Of course some of that had to do with my Daughter having surgery on her finger Friday and us driving up that afternoon.

I'm comically late but joining in.

Well, it was good we had left when we did, because we got to long term parking and they were full!!!

Oh no! I guess that's summer vacation crowds for you.

I found a place and booked us a reservation on my phone while Andy drove around in a circle to loop around to get to the new parking place. It took awhile but we had time thankfully!

We've had good luck doing this with Park N Fly. I will say, all of the side roads around PHL to get to the various parking areas are a bit maze-like.

Well, actually we order Carb Fries and Plain Fries, but only got one order of fries. Which really was fine but still.

Umm, no. You're being too forgiving. The whole point is the crab fries!

Morgan survived by herself but it was weird. The stewardess assumed that the couple next to Morgan was her parents. It was a bit odd.

I'm surprised the attendant assumed they were together. Given Southwest's first-come-first-serve policy, I'd think families get separated a lot.

It was nice to visit with my grandparents but it still felt like we weren't on vacation.

At least you got it out of the way early and then got to have your Disney time. I agree, checking into a Disney hotel to just rent a car and drive 2 hours away on your first day would feel anticlimactic at best.

We were going to take a quick dip in the pool. But Morgan didn't want to go. So, we let her stay in the room. This was a first for us. And I wasn't completely sure how I felt about it.

Those little moments of newly found independence are so bittersweet. Like, "Yay, I don't have to worry about that anymore," but also, "Oh my goodness, I don't have to worry about that any more???"

Halloween was already up. Which I do have to say was weird. I get it but meh, I would have been ok with just regular MK in August.

I have mixed feelings about this. Normally, I'm fully in the group of wanting to wait until you're closer to celebrate a holiday. But, I was also really glad to be able to do MNSSHP without pulling the kids out of school.

Splash Mountain Ride Photo
We should have planned a full log photo opt but did not...

SO FUN!

Untitled
You can see Gwen's sadness in this picture.

That pout, though. :-)

It sounds like you had an awesome first day with so many Dis meets. I'm very much looking forward to hearing about your big day coming up.

Hello Everone!!!

I am back! We are back from our most recent trip! And for better or worse, we don't have any trips planned for the future. So, I a can focus on my updates and keep this trip report moving!

I believe I left us off heading to bed for another big day.

Day Three: Galaxy's Edge!!!!

Today was the day! We were going to go into Galaxy's Edge!!! We set the alarm at 6:30. The preview days so far, folks were showing up early, so we knew we needed to get there early but I also didn't want to wear us out by getting up too too early.

We got up and started getting ready. Official entry time was 9:00 and I want to say we were shooting to be there sometime between 8 and 8:30.

XXXXXX\
Our plans for the day.

Tinkerbell left us gifts that would work well for the day's adventrues:
Tinkerbell's Star Wars Gifts

Checking out

Excitied for her shirt
Gwen loved her Ewok Shirt and was even more excitied about the Coupon for one extra thing in Galaxy's Edge.

Woo Hoo

I think we all had to shower, which is why it took us so long to get out of the room! But I was checking for bus times on the app while we were getting ready and nothing was showing up.

But once we were ready, Andy insisted we walk over to the bus stop and see. Which there was no buses or bus times. So, I suggested we just take an uber to get over there. As we were the last stop on the Coronado Bus route, so, If they started the first bus for the day, it was going to be a good 20 mintures before it got to us.

So, we headed to the main lobby and called an uber. Our uber driver last time we went to Hollywood Studios dropped us off in the parking lot by mistake, so when this one dropped us off in the right spot. It was TOTALLY worth it. We were right at the front gate.

Hollywood Studios
And were inside the park at 8:30. Not too bad.

We made our way towards Galaxy's edge!
Entering HS
We were all SUPER excitied and had alot of antipation for this! Which was great! I love that we are seasoned Disney Peps. But it was nice to be experiencing something new and to be this excitied again!

Boat
I snapped photos as we progressed closer and closer!

Just past here, there was a line of CM checking everyone's reservations. They were directing anyone who didn't to the right and the rest right through!

Tattone Traders
Nothing was open yet, so it wasn't too crowded.

We made it!!!
Heading in from Muppets

Almost to Galaxy's Edge
Closer!!!!! I am not sure when they let the initial wave of folks in, but us getting there at 8:30, there was no real line, just folks who walked up and getting checked in So, it ended up being a perfect time for us.

Right at the opening they were again scanning and checking our reservations. I think they only checked my Annual Pass and didn't ask for Andy's or the girls. Once fully checked in, they directed us 50 feet forward to a person handing out times for the Cantina.

Cantina Card
We must not have been too far into the crowd, as our time was 9:30.

And then we were free to go in!
Tunnel to Galaxy's Edge

Tunnel In
It was sooo exciting, and we were all snapping pictures left and right. (So, sorry for the an slaught of pictures to come!)

Trash Cans
Gwen took this picture of the trash cans. She exclaimed "Even the trash cans are themed!"

Droid Statue
Although, I think the trash can should have looked like this guy...

Rise of Resistance Entrance
These poor CM who had to stand in front of the entrance to Rise of the Resistance... Little did we know our luck with that ride!!!!

Andy was in awe of all of the spaceships.
Spaceship #1
Pretty sure it was his childhood dream coming to life right before his eyes.

Spaceship #2

Spaceship #2
I mean this one is huge!

Spaceship #2 Family Photo
There was no Photopass person here yet, but everyone was kindly taking pictures of each other.

We were trying to just take in the land at the moment. Which was hard, you wanted to see it all right away but also savor it.
Walking in
Our first look at the entrance to the Marketplace.

Marketplace
Wait! Get a picture!!!!

And now in we go!
Entryway to Marketplace

Marketplace
The details are amazing in this land. Although now having been in it a couple time with it busy. It is really hard to enjoy it with so many people wandering around.

Entering the Marketplace
The girls really enjoy exploring this area.

IMG_0138
Gwen loved this carvings. And the whole little area is really nicely done, with tools laying around like someone just went on a break and would be coming back soon.

Gwen putting in her code
Gwen was already trying to break into the Rebel Spy Base.

Market place Ceiling
Marketplace Ceiling
I loved all of the details... obviously...

Marketplace by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

We made our way down and over to Ronto Roasters.
Ronto Roasters
It was really almost like overload, trying to soak it all in.

Untitled
I am pretty sure Gwen tried to video the droid working the meat here.

And then it was time!!!!
Millinium Falcon
The moment Andy has been waiting his whole life for...

Untitled
He didn't cry but was def in awe and amazement by it. (Also get used to this face...)

MF
It is truely a beautiful area and set up. And the Falcon is HUGE!!!! Life size even! ha.

I didn't get into the drama with getting this reservation. I had followed a thread here that was watching for the release of the signup. And it was PAINFUL!!! I appriciate the Trip Report threads, there is no drama... So, thank you! Anyway, I digress... The day that it finally opened up was stressful to say the least! I was about to leave for work when it opened and I was trying to get logged in and it wasn't working and had to finally decide to leave for work. It was craziness!

Anyway, my story is because this is how coveted this event was...

Santa & MF
SANTA was here!!! Andy and Morgan thought this was hilarious.

MF & Santa

There was Photopass Photographers out in this area, so we hoped in the line.

1st Photo Spot: Millenium Falcon

1st Photo Spot
They kind of moved you down a line of photographers.

2nd Photo Spot: MF

2nd Photo Spot

2nd Photo Spot: MF Family

The girls were getting pictured out. So, we got these akward ones by ourselves.
2nd Photo Spot

2nd Photo Spot

But one last photo!
3rd Photo Spot MF

By now, it was time for us to head to the Cantina!

Just catching up after a couple of long, hard weeks getting settled back into work after my time off for surgery. Always a hard transition and it takes me so long to catch up on the DIS. But I'm back and saying hi!
Welcome back! It is super hard getting caught up. I need to finish catching up on yours!

I'm impressed at how much you remembered from August. I barely remember what we did in Disney christmas week before and after our cruise.
Notes! I take lots of notes! And pictures. I have learned to snap lots and lots of pictures. I take some just to time stamp our progress. Specially how long we wait in line.

Of course some of that had to do with my Daughter having surgery on her finger Friday and us driving up that afternoon.
Oh NO!!!!!

That pout, though. :-)
Right? She was so sad. And now you can't get it anymore.

I have mixed feelings about this. Normally, I'm fully in the group of wanting to wait until you're closer to celebrate a holiday. But, I was also really glad to be able to do MNSSHP without pulling the kids out of school.
me too. I get it, people can't come during the school year. It is just soooo hot.

At least you got it out of the way early and then got to have your Disney time. I agree, checking into a Disney hotel to just rent a car and drive 2 hours away on your first day would feel anticlimactic at best.
It def was the best way to do it. And with the late night getting in, it was a pretty chill day. So, it worked out well in that sense. I am now thinking about a summer trip that we go see my grandparents again, and maybe we just do water parks? Maybe? Or a long weekend, who knows...

I'm surprised the attendant assumed they were together. Given Southwest's first-come-first-serve policy, I'd think families get separated a lot.
Right? Andy signed up for an American Airlines Credit Card, so that may be our new perferred airline for a bit.

Umm, no. You're being too forgiving. The whole point is the crab fries!
I didn't say which fries we got. We got the Crab Fries and just didn't get Gwen's plain fries. She survived on the crab fries. So, all was good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts