Sweatshirts needed in June?

momofkids

DIS Veteran
We are headed down for a trip mid-June. Should we even pack sweatshirts/jackets?

Not unless you're trying to do one of those "sweat it out" diets. :D

No, it's hot as heck in the daytime, and nights usually only dip into the low 70s and it's humid so it still feels a bit sticky.

EDIT: I will say that DW packs one because on the rare occasion we go to a restaurant or something like that, it's often pretty chilly in there. But if you're outside, you won't need it.

If you have the room, sure. Restaurants are often chilly. If you are tight on space, you probably will be fine without them.

I couldn't imagine wearing anything more than a t shirt outside of Dec-Feb.

It's still in the 80's at night with plenty of humidity. I'd only bring a sweatshirt if you get cold very very easily

If you have a really light jacket, I'd take that. Sometimes you just need something to cover your arms, not all the warmth of a sweatshirt.

I get cold in restaurants so I'm planning on taking a really lightweight cardigan.

I have been wearing long sleeves from home to work all week. I bring a lightweight jacket or hoodie everywhere. I was outside talking to a neighbor wearing the jacket and was comfortable. Now walking around Disney I probably wouldn't be wearing it if it was a sunny day. I would bring it. For whatever reasons most establishments with an a/c only know how to keep it on the lowest possible temperature. With my luck, I always get seated right under a blower.

I did wear jeans to universal on Mother's day a couple weeks ago, and I brought my lightweight rain jacket.

We've gone to Disney 6 times in mid-June. I used to pack a pair of jeans and a light jacket for each of us in case we had a cool evening. We drive, so we had the space to pack extra stuff. I always put those things in one bag so we didn't have to unpack it unless we needed it. After 3 trips (7 days each) we had never even gotten that bag out of the car so now I don't bother to pack them. That being said, if we ate a lot of table service meals and tended to linger over those meals, I would pack a light sweater for myself because I do find some of the table service restaurants to be on the chilly side (i keep a thin sweatshirt in my car all summer because I'm always cold in restaurants). Since we usually only do one or two table service meals during a visit, I don't bother to bring a sweater...I just suffer. :D

Agree with what everyone else said! I didn't need a sweatshirt when I went in June (it's generally still really warm at night), but if you get cold easily, it could be nice to have something for table service. What I did bring was a lightweight, packable rain jacket. It was good for June rainstorms and as a thin extra layer indoors.

Not unless you're trying to do one of those "sweat it out" diets. :D
I'm local and yesterday got really hot before it got more cloudy,in the middle of the day with the temps around 90 and heat indexes close to 100 I saw a guy running in a long sleeve zipper pullover while I'm sweating wearing a thin t shirt inside a car with ac.I dont even wear those to run when its 60 degrees,it needs to be like 45 for me to even consider wearing one of those in a run outside but your comment made me think that the guy must be trying to lose weight by sweating.I will say Orlando once the sun goes down does cool off more than my old area in Miami,down there its not uncommon for a summer night to only drop to 84 degrees,in Orlando youre at least going to be in the 70's,but still unless you go in a cold building you dont need a sweater.

Only if you’re flying. And even then we take very lightweight sweat jackets just for the airport and plane.

My kids also use travel blankets on the plane. They were purchased the year I didn’t think a jacket was needed! Lesson learned!

I couldn't imagine wearing anything more than a t shirt outside of Dec-Feb.

Eh, idk, I was cold pretty much of my March trip. Wore a sweatshirt, jacket and scarf.

But yeah, June you probably won't need anything. I like to bring a sweatshirt for the hotel room - sometimes that can be cozy.

One year, I went at the end of June. I came home NINE pounds lighter, due to the humidity. The best diet I"ve ever been on!

One year, I went at the end of June. I came home NINE pounds lighter, due to the humidity. The best diet I"ve ever been on!

Haha we did the dining plan one year when we went in early Sept. We scrambled to use up our snack credits at the end of the trip. We just weren’t hungry with the heat/humidity!

We were there in August, same weather as June essentially, and never used the hoodie or pants we packed. Even when it rained, it was too hot and muggy to bother covering up with anything. The AC in restaurants was a nice reprieve so we never felt we needed a hoodie then. We did freeze on the buses with the AC cranked, but we didn't want to hassle with carrying a hoodie around just for that.

You may bring a light sweater because restaurants can be a bit chilly or even your hotel room lol. But honestly June here in FL *besides July* is one of the hottest months. If you don’t bring a sweater don’t sweat it there is a 99.99999% you would use it. Actually to be honest it would just be sitting in the hotel room the whole trip lol.

I don't see the problem in packing it just in case. I know my body and I am a cold person. The AC freezes me up good. I always bring a light sweater with me everywhere I go.

I get cold easily. I usually bring a light jacket if I'm going to be spending time inside.

The one restaurant I remember being extremely chilly - cold, really - was Pioneer Hall for HDDR....brrr....I could have used a blanket there during one September visit. And sometimes the hotel rooms can be cold. But otherwise, you shouldn’t need a sweatshirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter