Sweet Sixteen Day 6 & 7 (I have been remiss in finishing this up)

vellamint

DIS Veteran
Saturday, November 27, 2010 - Day 6 - Disneyland Paris – Our Last Day (and Day 7 Travel Day)
We spent the entire day in the Disneyland Paris Park.* The crowds were incredible and the people were rude.* This was nothing like our other two days here but then now it was the weekend.* OMG….entire families walking side-by-side taking up the entire sidewalk.* Strollers stopped right in the middle of doorways so no one could go in or out.* People were smoking everywhere.* If you didn’t know how to make use of fastpass you were doomed.* Thankfully we had gone on most everything on our first visit so we only needed to “do” Discoveryland (the French version of our Tomorrowland).
We immediately got a Fastpass for Space Mountain.* While waiting for our return time we went to see Captain EO.* When that was done the girls rode Space Mountain (they tried to talk me into this but they are not tricky enough to do that).* Then we got our fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear with a return time of 2:30 – 3:00.* I noticed that the return times in Paris are only a 30 minute window…not the 1 hour window we are used to in the USA.* Our lunch reservation at the Agrabah Café was for 2 0’clock but was all the way on the other side of the park so we decided to ride the Disneyland Railroad to get there.* We passed through Santa’s Village on the trip and made a mental note to get a photo with Santa later.* Arriving at the Agragah Café we then proceed to eat a horrible and horribly expensive all you can eat buffet that cost 86 euros (like $120).* It was so terrible I would have complained if I had thought about it!!* We then went back to Buzz Lightyear arriving just at 3 o’clock.* Afterwards we found and walked through Alice’s Labyrinth which was absolutely delightful!!!* I kept eyeing the castle because we hadn’t been in it yet but we wanted to get the Santa photo so after Alice we went to Santa’s Village.* We waited 80 minutes….and it was so not worth it.* A definite mistake of use of our time but oh well. *It was getting dark now.* We got a fastpass for Big Thunder and made our way to the castle.* It was beautiful and I wish I had seen in during the day with the lights shining through the stained glass.* The dragon in the basement was so cool.** Jennifer bought a ring here and I bought Mickey earrings which kind of helped with losing my other one.* It was a crowded mess.* Could Not Move.
We really just needed a quiet place to sit for a while.* We still needed to buy souvenirs for people.* I let Jessica find a place to eat.* She found one off Main Street that (surprise) sold pizza….Mickey shaped pizzas lol.* It was very tiny and people stalked you for your table but it was a nice break.* Afterwards we shopped for what we needed.* The girls saw a bomb-sniffing dog in one of the “arcades”….sniffing a child’s backpack.* I didn’t see what they were looking at or I would have taken a photo of the Disney Police.* After we at we headed back to Big Thunder but since we were too early we decided to end the trip the way we started it.* By going on Phantom Manor and THEN Big Thunder.* They actually went on twice…..due to the lines getting shorter (it was 9 o’clock by now).
That’s it….went back to the room…..packed.* Went to the lobby and checked into Air France on the netbook and left the girls to finish the minutes up on the netbook.* It actually ran out of battery before we ran out of minutes but after what happened to our flat iron I was not going to take the chance of plugging it into the power converter….it was a borrowed netbook.
Next morning…..breakfast…getting really bored with this cold breakfast.* I asked the girls if they wanted the hot (3,90 euros) breakfast but they didn’t.* We lugged our bags to the lobby which was really crowded.* After a few minutes our driver came in with a sign with my name on it and he, once again, took two of our heaviest bags….got us into the van and off to the airport.* He drove us to the correct terminal, stopped at the entrance closest to where we needed to check in and went inside got us a luggage cart.* Thank goodness we had 2 ½ hours because the lines at the airport were horrible.* By the time we checked in….then went to the desk to give our luggage….then went to get food for the flight …our plane was boarding already.
Great flight home.* Good and plentiful food again.* Got a screwdriver this time.* I watched the movies “Inception”, “Salt” and part of “Sorcerers Apprentice”.* Arriving at JFK was getting back to reality.* Dirty, crowded and our luggage took forever to come out.* But there was my Honey (yes Dennis!!) waiting for us right outside the doors!!!
It was a great trip!!!!

Calculations of the cost of things are based on an exchange of 1 euro= $1.32 if I used my Capitol One card and 1 euro = $1.48 if I used euros that I purchased at home from Bank of America.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter