Switching from Royal Pacific to Cabana Bay

Twinsmom2009

Earning My Ears
Hi all, we have a split stay booked in April. Our first 3 days we are staying at Royal Pacific then moving to Cabana Bay for the remaining 5 nights. I have been reading and I'm guessing RP won't transfer our luggage to Cabana Bay or will they? If not what is the best way to do this? We do not have a car... Appreciate any tips and tricks :)

I have read you can get luggage transferred when moving to the premier hotels in a few trip reports.
But a few have posted when leaving the premier hotels to non premier, had to move their luggage on their own

It’s probably best to contact the hotel before you go if they will transfer your luggage from RP to CB
That way you can make plans in advance how to do the hotel switch with ease

I agree that you should call to confirm. But if they will and if they are anything like Disney, it could be a few hours before your luggage gets there. If it were me, I'd probably just hop in an Uber with the luggage bring it over to CBay and store it there myself.

How much luggage will you have? It's not a terribly difficult walk to take the garden path from RPR to CB
We will have a suitcase each for sure and 2 kids with a case each. I don't mind the walk so much I just wondered if there was a process in place for this sort of thing as I am sure many people book the split stays :). We are on holiday for a little over two weeks so will have more stuff than I would like lol!

I would call CB and ask.
We were surprised to find out CB does not have Bell Service to take your luggage to your room. They do have a Bell Service desk in the lobby but it is for ck out/in and luggage that you need to leave before or after a flight.
Call and see if RPR service will move it to the Bell Service in CB’s lobby?

We found out (in Sept) that CB has a bare bones Bell Service. -nothing wrong with that at CB’s price point but “I” did not plan for it (or think about it before hand) and was surprised we had to park VERY far from our room, and then spend time hunting for an available luggage cart, to get our luggage to the room ourselves.

I recently transferred from RP to Adventura. We had a car but had to get the luggage out from bell services and they told my friend while I went to get the car that they would have transferred the luggage for us.

When I called late last year to ask about luggage transfer they said they will transfer from one of the fancy hotels to the others. Possible that’s changed but that was the answer around Dec I think per the phone line...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter