Swollen feet and ankles from walking in the heat at WDW...

I went to europe this summer and my whole trip became a problem when my feet and ankles and lower legs swelled so much. I tried over the counter diuretic, ice, elevated feet, massage, - nothing brought it down. I came home and my doctor gave me prescription for a diuretic, told me to RESTRICT MY WATER, RESTRICT MY SALT and within two days I was fine. I strongly suggest you go to your doctor before you leave and get a prescription for a diuretic and take it with you. You are fighting not just the walking at WDW, but also the water retention from the long flight to get there. Good luck!
Redbudlover

If you have this problem, please stay away from diet soft drinks --they are loaded with salt. My mother suffered from hypertension for several years, so we got used to avoiding salt in foods. At Disney, drink lots and lots of water!!! There is no substitute for water. Not only will you flush out your system, you'll feel much more energetic in the heat when everyone else is puffing and sweating and complaining. Change your socks mid-day. They can be binding around the ankles, if there is elastic in the cuff. Wear sandals for the evening; elevate your feet as much as possible whenever you choose to sit down.

Have your Blood Pressure Checked before you go, mine swell due to my Blood Pressure. :rolleyes:

Marseeya said:
To the poster who mentioned not taking acetaminophen and ibuprofin together, there's not a problem there.

You do not suppose to mix the two on a regular bases. It is not good on the old liver.

As a nurse we always recomend putting your feet up. The best is to have them above your heart (on pillow lying down) but even sitting in a chair with them slightly elevated is helpful. Also when sitting don't cross your legs as this can hinder the flow of the blood. If it gets really painful suport socks/stockings are great.

i agree to putting feet up but when I put mine up I put them up. After washing feet and putting on clean loose fitting socks I lay on the bed with my **** as close to the headboard as I can get it and put legs in air and feet on the wall. Then I lay there at least 30 mins if not longer.

About the diet coke my can I got here says it has 40mgs of sodium that's 2% of the daily value thing. The fountain diet coke at disney is watered down with carbonated water and ice so usually gonna be a bit less in sodium than what comes from a can I'd think. Can still see the sodium being a problem for some tho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter