T-Rex

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
We made reservations for T-Rex on our upcoming trip 9/6 - 9/17 2017. my question is will it be to scary for my 3 year old? she turns 4 in December and thinks she's 14! Also how is the food? I have heard mixed reviews. Thanks in advance!

It is extremely loud. I think only you can decide if that's too scary for your child. The food was fine, nothing memorable in either a good or bad direction.

First (and last) time there was in 2014. Too loud for us. Daughter was 9 at the time & thought it was too loud. Didn't care for the food. Daughters kid meal (pizza) looked and tasted like it was from the microwave. Husband had ribs. Loves ribs& never really complains about them but he didn't care for them at T Rex. I had a pasta dish & it wasn't good at all.

Average to below average food, I struggle every trip with service ........... LOUD LOUD LOUD and some tables impossible to talk.

But what a clever decor! I would say everyone should try it once, wander all over, take pictures and decide for yourself. Unless your child is greatly afraid of dinosaurs, loud rooms and meteor showers .... then maybe wait until they are older.

Our kids loved it at ages 7 and 9. It is very, very loud and could be overstimulating - depends on the kid. We went for dinner on our travel day and my 9 year old had a headache, so the noise bothered him on that day. They did enjoy the dinosaurs and the meteor shower effects. Food is mediocre but the theme is really cool.

Attachments

• trexcafe.jpg
    trexcafe.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 7
We were there last week and it was well liked by everyone in our group. Food was good, decor was great. It was one of DD7's favorite restaurants of the trip. DS2 slept through the first half of the meal and we didn't find it that loud where we were sitting. He didn't get scared by anything, but every kid is different. If you are concerned about noise, I would request to NOT be in the ice room. We walked through there on the way to the restroom and it was unbearably loud. The rest of the restaurant wasn't bad.

My better half and I have eaten here several times. Yes, it is loud. The food is only fair to good, it really depends on what you order. Service is fair to good, again it depends on whom you get. The décor and atmosphere is great. We really like watching the younger people react to the "show". And don't hesitate to send food back if it is not right.

Update: We did go and our kids (4 & 6) Loved it! No complaints at all! We had a dinosaur right over our table, we sat near the glowing room that changes colors. I ordered the meteor meatloaf and it was awesome! We will be back again and again!

If you go during your birthday, it's worth it to purchase the Landry Select Club card for $25. You receive $25 back on your first visit and another $25 off during your birthday month. So, $50 off your visit for $25 investment. You earn points at most Landry restaurants and also get priority seating. Easier to get ressies by calling them directly.

It was terrible food and service when we were there in April. One of my worst dining experiences ever. I've never had to wait soooo long for food. It was well over an hour between putting in our order and being served. Then the food was terrible. Tasted like my kids' school cafeteria food.

The decor and stuff is super cool, but we will never dine there again. It's really that terrible.

I had just made the decision to go here for lunch thinking the kids would like it much better than the Raglan Rd brunch I had originally planned. Then I read this post. We are a part of 8, with 3 adults and 5 boys ages 2,7,7,13, and 14. This will actually be on my DS13 birthday for lunch. Some of our group will not have park tickets, so we were looking for something fun at Disney Springs.

I am willing to accept average food for atmosphere (I do that every time we go to Chef Mickey's), but I don't want to go if it is horrible.

If you go during your birthday, it's worth it to purchase the Landry Select Club card for $25. You receive $25 back on your first visit and another $25 off during your birthday month. So, $50 off your visit for $25 investment. You earn points at most Landry restaurants and also get priority seating. Easier to get ressies by calling them directly.

I also have to recommend the Landry's card. If you get the Landry's card before your trip, you can get next priority seating on walk ups as a Landry's Club member. I showed my card one evening when there was a two hour wait, and got a table in 20 minutes! This also works at the Rainforest Cafe restaurants and at Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom. The card will get you priority seating at most Landry owned restaurants in the USA.

We just took our five year old there on Thursday. It was awful. Loud, slow (even with a reservation, we waited 45 minutes for our table) and the food was HORRIBLE. Salty beyond belief and greasy. And while our waiter was very nice, he forgot our appetizer ( which, after tasting our entrees, we realized that was a blessing Luckily, our son seemed to be unmoved by the whole experience so we will never have to do that again.

We've only had wonderful experiences at T-Rex. We've eaten there on every trip. My sons were 2 and 4 1/2 years old on our first visit and they loved it. The build a bear dino shop was perfect for the little ones after a meal. I would suggest sitting outside the meteor room. It might be too much for the younger children but ours did fine. I would recommend the Guac-asaurus Burger. So good.

All kids are different. The noise could scare a child, it is loud as others have said. The actual decorations are not scary, the lighting and noises are super stimulating. It is hard to speak with the people at your table at times. But kids seem to love this place. You know your kid the best, so knowing that it's loud and stimulating is probably enough info for you to decide if your little one will like this place or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!