T-Shirt to vulgar for disney?

“Whoever made the shirt - did they get the copyright from Disney to do so? If they are making a profit off of the shirt, then it's a big NO. Disney would have the right to ask you to turn the shirt inside out, at the very least. Winnie the Pooh is their licensed character, and anything made for a profit can be banned from the park, to start with. So, yes, they can censor it.”

It is not illegal to posses it. You can make any parody Disney shirt you want and are not violating any laws. It is illegal to sell it. I think you guys are getting way too far down the rabbit hole. No CM is going to stop someone and argue trademark law. They can’t prove he didn’t make it for himself and they aren’t going to ask him to either. Half the people wearing Disney shirts in the park got them on Etsy from someone selling them illegally. Could you seriously imagine them stopping them all? They aren’t going to selectively enforce that either.
I'm not sure why you quoted me :confused3

If a small child doesn't like the shirt, or understand it their parents can explain it is Pooh dressed as a super hero and the name of the name of that superhero is Deadpool.
My goodness what a world we live in when harmless things should be "banned" instead of parents doing their job and explaining things to their children.

If they did ask about it, I would simply explain to them what it means, because well, I'm the parent and that's my job.

Well, now that it’s been explained to me I understand it and can explain it to others. Prior to this thread, I had no idea about Deadpool. You really can’t assume everyone knows about it.

Well, now that it’s been explained to me I understand it and can explain it to others. Prior to this thread, I had no idea about Deadpool. You really can’t assume everyone knows about it.

Still, there is nothing vulgar or offensive about the shirt so as a parent your job is to explain to the best of your ability. You tell your child that it is Pooh dressed in a costume. Your lack of knowledge about something doesn't make that something inappropriate, and if you can't figure out something to tell a small child (because who else would really be upset about seeing Pooh like that or seeing the word dead) then that is your issue, it isn't an issue with the shirt itself.

Still, there is nothing vulgar or offensive about the shirt so as a parent your job is to explain to the best of your ability. You tell your child that it is Pooh dressed in a costume. Your lack of knowledge about something doesn't make that something inappropriate, and if you can't figure out something to tell a small child (because who else would really be upset about seeing Pooh like that or seeing the word dead) then that is your issue, it isn't an issue with the shirt itself.
While I agree with your statement, I still find the name "DeadPooh" inappropriate for a Disney park. I don't think it's vulgar or offensive, just inappropriate IMO.

I am surprised to see so many saying not to bring this shirt.

There is nothing wrong with the shirt, I'd bring it and wear it.

That may be, but you are on an adult forum, speaking to adults. You can't expect to interact with adults in the same way you interact with other teenagers.
I'm a 28 year old adult who also uses "lmao" occasionally. I think you're over thinking it and I think they only used it once or twice that I've noticed. It's not a malicious term nor an immature term, its just internet slang for when something is funnier than what an "lol" stands for.

The fact that this thread had a side-debate breakout on the appropriateness of "lmao" used as a phrase on an internet message board made my day. Come on my fellow adults, we can handle the implications of that silly little 'a' without getting the vapors, can't we?

I'm a 28 year old adult who also uses "lmao" occasionally. I think you're over thinking it and I think they only used it once or twice that I've noticed. It's not a malicious term nor an immature term, its just internet slang for when something is funnier than what an "lol" stands for.

I'm 43 and use "lmao" on occasion myself. I agree with the quote above and I don't get offended by it at all.

Back to the shirt.....I showed my 11yo and 8yo girls the picture of the shirt. The 11yo had heard about the movie at school so she got the reference. The 8yo said it was weird and went on her merry way. I have no problem with the shirt. If one of my kids did, I would explain what it meant. Honestly, they probably wouldn't even notice it in the Disney Park setting. They are too busy having fun. Wear the shirt, have fun. I have seen much worse on a t-shirt!

Oh the irony of adults picking on teenagers on a "Disney for Families" board...

I think you can permissibly wear the shirt, meaning I do not think CMs would make you turn it inside out. I would not wear it, personally, because I think it is potentially disturbing to small children and I would feel bad if a 5-year old saw it and cried. Does that mean those kids get a veto over your shirt? No. Does it mean you have to feel bad if a kid gets upset? No. I'm just saying I would--but everyone has different feelings about it. As a parent, if my kid was upset, I would just explain it as best as I could, like I do for all kinds of things they are exposed to in any city that upset them.

Call me naive I guess, or maybe just living in my own little Disney Junior bubble (kids are 7 and 3), but I had never heard of Deadpool before reading this thread.

popcorn:: < that was me at opening day, first showing! It is not a kids movie.

Showed the shirt to my late 20's DS. He snickered. He thought it was funny. He had no problems with it, said he thinks it be fine in the parks but he probably would not wear it just because I don't think he's a big Pooh guy. There is nothing bad to see in the graphic. If a child asks what it is just say "Pooh is dressed up for Halloween".

Having been there done that, kids ask questions they want very simple answers and move on to the next thing. What adults think is a need to have a bird and bees conversation is likely something as simple as a few word answer to satisfy them. This seems more an adult issue than a kid issue.

Last edited:
I given this some thought having seen the Deadpool Pooh t-shirt; much ado about nothing.

You might have to ask yourself how much it would bother you if you got turned away at the gate or asked to leave. At the very least, it seems like he’d need a shirt to change into if Disney said “nope” which seems like a strong possibility because Pooh Bear

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!