T-Shirt to vulgar for disney?

I’m sorry, but I find it extremely hard to believe that someone going to a Disney theme park could have never heard of Deadpool before. It has a sequel already, the character has been around for 2 years. It’s crazy popular. The first movie made more than X-Men at the box office. Deadpool 1 and 2 hold the record for the top opening ticket sales of rated R movies ever. It has been all over TV, commercials, the news, social media for weeks. Unless you live in a cabin in the woods and don’t have a Tv or internet I don’t see how anyone could have no clue that Deadpool is a fictional character that wears a red suit - at minimum.

Have no clue what it is - our family does not watch ‘r’ movies

I like living under my rock- we have snacks!!

popcorn:: < that was me at opening day, first showing! It is not a kids movie.

When DH wanted to watch it, I thought Okay, cool. It'll give me something else to talk about with my 6 and 8 year old nephews. Then, in the first five minutes I'm thinking Wow, that's a lot of swearing for a kids movie. Then after the first sexual reference, I looked at DH in horror and said, "I hope my brother didn't take the boys to see this! Why the heck would they say that in a kids movie?!" He of course burst into laughter and still makes fun of me for it.

When DH wanted to watch it, I thought Okay, cool. It'll give me something else to talk about with my 6 and 8 year old nephews. Then, in the first five minutes I'm thinking Wow, that's a lot of swearing for a kids movie. Then after the first sexual reference, I looked at DH in horror and said, "I hope my brother didn't take the boys to see this! Why the heck would they say that in a kids movie?!" He of course burst into laughter and still makes fun of me for it.

I guess you were surprised!

Well ..... DS (20's) and I went to the opening showing so we wouldn't hear anything about movie, so I get that it's a big deal for some to see it first. Well, next to me is a little girl, maybe 5, sitting there with her Dad. I guess he put him seeing the movie as soon as it came out over what is appropriate for his daughter to see. Most the movie he completely ignored her, maybe a few parts put his hand over her face but she still heard everything. I was mortified.

I guess you were surprised!

Well ..... DS (20's) and I went to the opening showing so we wouldn't hear anything about movie, so I get that it's a big deal for some to see it first. Well, next to me is a little girl, maybe 5, sitting there with her Dad. I guess he put him seeing the movie as soon as it came out over what is appropriate for his daughter to see. Most the movie he completely ignored her, maybe a few parts put his hand over her face but she still heard everything. I was mortified.

WOW! At first I thought maybe he didn't know it was going to be that bad, but he obviously stayed. I would have taken my kid out in the first few mins had I made a mistake and taken her.

Oh the irony of adults picking on teenagers on a "Disney for Families" board...

I don't think anyone is trying to "pick on" that poster, just explain the norms of the board to someone new. I tell students: "Know your audience". - Just like you write a lab report in a different tone than a narrative essay, you adjust your conversational style depending on where you are posting.

“Whoever made the shirt - did they get the copyright from Disney to do so? If they are making a profit off of the shirt, then it's a big NO. Disney would have the right to ask you to turn the shirt inside out, at the very least. Winnie the Pooh is their licensed character, and anything made for a profit can be banned from the park, to start with. So, yes, they can censor it.”

It is not illegal to posses it. You can make any parody Disney shirt you want and are not violating any laws. It is illegal to sell it. I think you guys are getting way too far down the rabbit hole. No CM is going to stop someone and argue trademark law. They can’t prove he didn’t make it for himself and they aren’t going to ask him to either. Half the people wearing Disney shirts in the park got them on Etsy from someone selling them illegally. Could you seriously imagine them stopping them all? They aren’t going to selectively enforce that either.

the label in the shirt would be a dead giveaway - I've worked in the silkscreening business, it's pretty easy to tell/trace a manufacturer, not taking the Etsy business into it. Etsy is another whole can of worms.

I would not wear it, personally, because I think it is potentially disturbing to small children and I would feel bad if a 5-year old saw it and cried.
I have a really hard time believing that small children are that concerned or will even notice what other people are wearing. Especially at WDW, when they are being over stimulated by the hundreds of other things going on.

I have a really hard time believing that small children are that concerned or will even notice what other people are wearing. Especially at WDW, when they are being over stimulated by the hundreds of other things going on.
Agree. Neither of my children (6 and 3) have ever commented on what an adult was wearing at Disney or anywhere else for that matter. My 6 year old will occasionally comment on other kids clothes if she thinks they’re extra pretty or something but that’s it.

Except they lack the word Dead. Which is what I think may raise the most eyebrows.

I don't think it is that big of a deal. Have hubby wear the shirt, but also have him prepared to buy a new one on the off chance he is told it is inappropriate.
So you have an issue with the word deadline, too?

So you have an issue with the word deadline, too?

No. Because it isn't Dead and then a name. I would have a problem with DEADHOPPERFAN OR DEADNIKCIBURD. Especially if the word DEAD is called out by a different color, so that it reads DEAD.

Honestly for the adults in here that haven't heard of Deadpool - if you have kids in public school who can read, they are aware of the character and would recognize the costume. Go ahead and show them a Deadpool picture without any words and see if they can identify who it is.

Honestly for the adults in here that haven't heard of Deadpool - if you have kids in public school who can read, they are aware of the character and would recognize the costume. Go ahead and show them a Deadpool picture without any words and see if they can identify who it is.
People have accused me of sheltering my kids but I think this debate is silly. Pooh isn’t real. Only real people die. Therefore Pooh isn’t dead.

My kid started reading at 2. He would have read that shirt because at that age he read *everything*. I would have told him “It’s Pooh dressed as a super hero.” I mean, I get that Disney is a more conservative place, and maybe it’s not something I personally would wear, but at the same time it’s Pooh! Who doesn’t love Pooh and who doesn’t wanna be a super hero?

If I wore a Pinocchio shirt with the little wooden boy smoking a cigar and pounding a beer would that be inappropriate?
Fine by me. A few times a year my husband has a cigar and he enjoys beer responsibly often. Pinocchio is supposed to be a child so I’m not sure there but he is made out of wood so maybe it’s ok. I wouldn’t buy it but it doesn’t offend me at all.

My six-year-old notices everything, reads everything, and asks a ton of questions about it. Especially in a situation like a slow-moving line that gives him plenty of time to think about it. Surely I’m not the only one with a child like this.

I’m in the camp of not offensive, but not the most thoughtful thing for kids at Disney. Regardless of the picture, the word “dead” right next to the word “Pooh” definitely suggests “dead Pooh” and I’m surprised that there are those who think otherwise. There probably aren’t a lot of kids in that small window who are old enough to read but too young to know the character, but that’s definitely the category my DS fits into. I wouldn’t wear it for that reason. But I bet OP has no issue wearing it in the park.

I don't think anyone is trying to "pick on" that poster, just explain the norms of the board to someone new. I tell students: "Know your audience". - Just like you write a lab report in a different tone than a narrative essay, you adjust your conversational style depending on where you are posting.

sorry for beating a dead horse.

i'm not new here, i just figured since this is a casual forum i could use some slang.

i 100% agree with you. thanks~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!