Take a look at my itinerary.. Which park for our half day-- DHS or Animal Kingdom?

kmdrago1783

Mouseketeer
So we are planning an 8 night stay next summer... so far this is the rough itinerary I have jotted down. We are arriving on a Friday, our flight will arrive in Orlando at 12:30pm... I'm planning on taking the latest flight out on our departure day.

At first I was planning on 1 1/2 days at Animal Kingdom and was planning on doing Animal Kingdom on that first day. Now that I've thought more about it I'm wondering if we should just do our DHS day that Friday... what do you think? Can we see it all, or most? My kids will be 7 and 3-- my 7 year old has already done TOT and will likely be tall enough for Rock N Roller Coaster-- she loves her thrill rides. ;) We would like to catch some of the shows but don't really need to see them all. We've also seen Fantasmic bf and can skip it this time.

We love Animal Kingdom and with the addition of Pandora I really feel like we might want to do two days here... take a look at my initial itinerary below and let me know what you all think! We are staying at the Contemporary. Planning on doing RD most days and breaking in the afternoon and going back to the parks, if applicable at night.

Fri- Animal Kingdom—Yak and Yeti dinner

Sat- Magic Kingdom, BBB and CRT or BOG dinner

Sun- Chef Mickey or 1900 park fare breakfast-- Epcot – Rose and Crown dinner

Mon-Blizzard Beach—California Grill

Tue- Universal

Wed- Hollywood Studios – Sci Fi or 50’s for lunch/dinner (maybe switching with Friday)

Thurs- Magic Kingdom —San Angel Inn dinner in Epcot

Fri- Animal Kingdom—Ohana for dinner

Sat- Magic Kingdom

Is this for 2017 or 2018?

If this is for 2018, keep in mind that Toy Story Land will open sometime in that summer (predicted early July). But you still might be able to do all of DHS in a single day since there's a lot closed or will be closing. (Great Movie Ride will be closing likely sometime this year).

We did DHS as our half-day on our last trip, and while I could have spent more time there, it was enough to do what we really cared about. I think you'll get a decent amount of time in both parks with either plan.

I'd actually be more concerned with nine straight park days and no rest day!

Is this for 2017 or 2018?

If this is for 2018, keep in mind that Toy Story Land will open sometime in that summer (predicted early July). But you still might be able to do all of DHS in a single day since there's a lot closed or will be closing. (Great Movie Ride will be closing likely sometime this year).
2018, but we are going in June

We did DHS as our half-day on our last trip, and while I could have spent more time there, it was enough to do what we really cared about. I think you'll get a decent amount of time in both parks with either plan.

I'd actually be more concerned with nine straight park days and no rest day!
So we use our water park day as our rest day-- we typically rent a cabana and go at a slower pace than the other parks-- we are not ones to do a resort day- we do usually take a 3-4 hours break at the hotel every afternoon. :)

So we use our water park day as our rest day-- we typically rent a cabana and go at a slower pace than the other parks-- we are not ones to do a resort day- we do usually take a 3-4 hours break at the hotel every afternoon. :)

Oh, I get it then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter