Taking a break from Chef Mickey's & Crystal Palace for the foreseeable future

Summer2018

DIS Veteran
So, we are all adults now, but we still easily access our "inner children." CRT breakfast has been a favorite since our first trip in 2004, and it will remain on our list. The food is delicious...especially that french toast, and the children dining there were well-behaved and adorable.

After our sublime dining experiences at Cali Grill, Narcoossee's, and even 'Ohana, we had rather sub par meals at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. The food didn't seem to be as good as we had in the past. Chef Mickey's was a wild "free for all" nuthouse. Crystal Palace wasn't much better.

Somehow, when DD was a child, these places were more enjoyable...even DD felt as if they were no longer fun. I hate to admit to becoming an "old fart," but I told her that the next time we go to either restaurant, it will be with my future grandchildren. That's a long way off since she's not even married yet.

Anyway, we learned our lesson, and next time, we will reserve more signature restaurants. Leave it to me to find an even more expensive way to travel.

We haven't been to CM since 2014. The food was constantly disappointing to us. I think character dining in general is just no longer a fun experience, I loved it when I was a teenager (even 18/19), but now I can't even pretend to enjoy the food and the rushed interactions we get with the characters. The environment is so stressful on the entertainment CMs, I always feel bad when I see Donald or Mickey rushing from table to table on a busy night.

I agree with you on CRT, too! We really enjoyed our dinner there in 2015, and it wasn't a "madhouse" like most character dining experiences are. I think character dining experiences that are sit-down meals, while they're less common to find, are definitely a lot more controlled and relaxed than buffet meals. Can I suggest the Bon Voyage Breakfast at the Boardwalk resort? Everyone seems to really enjoy it, and it's a sit-down meal like CRT. It's the one character meal I still desperately want to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter