Taking baby on a chilly day...

I am also from Massachusetts and we walk my dog year round so I always had to bundle my babies for walks outside. I always did fleece footie pjs sometimes with pants and long sleeve underneath, gloves, hat and fleece blankets on top. Or a warm snow suit. This was for teens and twenties though. Honestly 40-50s baby will probably be hot with all the layers! Just bring all the layers and take off as needed. Congrats on a little baby! I have two children now and was definitely a paranoid mom with my first. Have a great time:)

Yes I didn’t anticipate it being this much harder with it being my own. But it really is. I’m definitely “that mom”....the over protective and oh so paranoid. (At least I realize it right?? Ha)

Thanks so much! We are excited for tomorrow!
I’m “that mom” too & realize but also don’t care! Lol!

What about wearing him? Then you can share body heat? :)
I wore DS for a day at Disney that was cool and rainy I threw a poncho over us and he was warm snuggly beside me and happy as a clam ..
Just a thought
Have fun

I think the general rule of thumb is to dress baby in 1 more layer than you yourself will be wearing. As a parent living in the northeast, I wouldn't have any issue taking my little one outside in those temps. Probably wearing a sleeper/playsuit, sweater, hat and blanket. Just pay attention and take off layers if needed so he doesn't overheat.

Enjoy your visit!

You actually should only dress the baby in the same amount of layers as yourself. Parents often think the baby needs to be bundled up more because they are just in their strollers, but they only need the same amount of layers as you.

We took my daughter when she was 10 months old during November one year and I don't think the temps broke 60 more than once. We brought several airy (knitted with holes) blankets so we could layer her without overheating her. Put thick tights under her outfit to help ward off any chill, and had a hat/mittens with us. She was perfectly fine and honestly kicked the layers off unless she was facing the wind. I'll temper that, however, with the fact that we're from Western NY, so 60 degrees is a nice spring day to us!

Just make sure when you go inside places, you take some of his jackets/blankets off. It drives me crazy when I see people inside warm buildings with the poor babies dressed like they are outside in the cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter