Tangled at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
Our granddaughter (5) loves Rapunzel but doesn’t tolerate itchy, the Disney Cinderella dress was a definite no-go, she tolerated the Tiana dress. How scratchy is the Rapunzel dress?

I’m looking at a much softer version from an online seller but I know she’d love picking it out at the Boutique. Is the choosing part special?

We’re going in August so, hot.IMG_1803.jpeg

Thanks!

I don't have firsthand experience on this, but I just bought my daughter's dress for BBB from a separate site, so I'd consider bringing your own dress. Mine kiddo is also sensitive to scratchy materials, plus it will be hot, and I just wanted to make sure she was happy with what she wears. There are tons of options, and if she's SUPER sensitive, try a cotton twirl dress.

I think it's a prerequisite that every BBB dress be as itchy and uncomfortable as possible lol. In all seriousness, my girls liked the hair/nails/pixie dust part of the make over more than picking the dress out but I'm sure each child is different. We bought dresses once/first time and the other times we brought our own which they preferred especially as they got a little older. If you want her to have an option, you could allow her to pick out the rapunzel dress and bring a softer/more breathable dress for a quick change. When my girls were around this age, we booked our BBB appt closer to mid/late afternoon so they wear the dress, sun would go down a little and then they wouldn't be as hot. But having their clothes to change back into was a life saver.

Thank you!
She’ll wear some (Tiana, Moana, Mirabel and Belle) but not others (Merida, Cinderella). I bought a non-Disney Cindy dress online for last year and it was nice and soft. There was no BBB then and I know she’ll love getting a makeover.

That’s a good idea about two dresses. We won’t be out in the evenings, she’s more of a 5:00 am kind of kid. The plan is to try and secure one of the Princess breakfasts and then hit up the characters.

If you're still looking for non-itchy princess dresses, Little Adventures dresses are super soft and comfortable as well as machine washable. They're also lightweight and perfect for hotter days. We brought our Little Adventures Moana dress down last year in July and it was perfect for the hot weather!

Thank you!
She’ll wear some (Tiana, Moana, Mirabel and Belle) but not others (Merida, Cinderella). I bought a non-Disney Cindy dress online for last year and it was nice and soft. There was no BBB then and I know she’ll love getting a makeover.

That’s a good idea about two dresses. We won’t be out in the evenings, she’s more of a 5:00 am kind of kid. The plan is to try and secure one of the Princess breakfasts and then hit up the characters.

If Tinkerbell is an option, my daughter chose that dress at BBB this past April. It has straps vs poufy sleeves, and the dress is shorter, knee length or above. She wore athletic shorts underneath. It wasn’t nearly as hot as the other options! We added on the wand and light up wings. She was very happy with her choice.

It’s hanging in her closet, and I just went to check for scratchy fabric. It’s lined and felt fine to me. I’d definitely check it out for yourself if that’s a character she might like.

IMG_6123.jpeg

Thanks! I ended up buying her a Tinkerbell dress from Trish Scully. We’re doing Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and she chose Tinkerbell. The plan is to pack the TS dress as a backup just in case. She has a Cinderella dress from TS tha she loves.

I also ordered a pre-Bibbidi Cindy dress. If I can manage to convince her it would be fun to wear that to the BBB appointment and then get a Cinderella makeover. We have an 8:00 am BBB reservation followed by a 10:00 am breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table.

IMG_3461.pngIMG_3460.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter