Tango goes to Florida

PoohBWV

<font color=green>Moderator<br><font color=red>Pro
Hey everyone, thought I'd pass this along.

Press Release Source: Air Canada

Air Canada's Tango Announces New Nonstop Service to Florida From Montreal, Quebec City and Ottawa
Tango Offers Only Scheduled Daily Low Fare Service Between the U.S. and Canada
Thursday September 12, 10:42 am ET

FORT LAUDERDALE and ORLANDO, Fla., Sept. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Tango, Air Canada's low fare, high value service crosses the border this December with the introduction of new seasonal, nonstop flights between Fort Lauderdale and three Canadian cities: Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City, as well as nonstop service between Orlando and Montreal. With this Florida service, Tango offers the only scheduled daily low fare air service between destinations in Canada and the U.S.

Interesting. Unfortunately, doesn't really help me being out west, but it's a start at least. Maybe they'll expand. ;)

Well, that explains why the flight that we booked through Aeroplan back in January that originally had us going through Toronto to Ft. Lauderdale now had us going to Miami :confused:! We found out only by accident when we phoned in July to reconfirm our flights. But wait, I'm pretty sure I booked us flights to Ft. Lauderdale! A few inquiries later, we discovered Air Canada had re-worked their flight schedules and now no longer had any direct flights to Ft. Lauderdale from Toronto (of course, we would have been informed later about the change before we left they say.)

Miami ... hmmm ... we've been there before ... but wait, don't we have a cruise leaving from Ft. Lauderdale the next day? Well, you can drive to Miami says the Aeroplan agent as it's not too far. Really ... hmmm ... suffice to say that option was quickly ruled out by moi! Resolution ... after our overnight stay in Toronto, we fly to Montreal then to Ft. Lauderdale ... where we will be meeting up with the majority of our group before our cruise onboard the Grand Princess where we will be celebrating our Anniversary and my brother is getting married.

After our cruise, it's off to Orlando ... but wait ... there are not enough Aeroplan seats to go back home ... so the newlyweds now have to drive back to Ft. Lauderdale before flying to Montreal and then back home in Alberta!! :eek:

Moral of the story ... always re-confirm your flights/reservations because you never know what surprises that you may end up with!

Ooops ... forgot to mention ... just phoned Aeroplan last week to once again reconfirm our flights ... but wait a minute, now they have one of our flight segments on the trip back home leaving at a later time ... what's scarier ... they had noted on the reservation that they had notified me (NOT!) ... geesh and we're only leaving in two weeks!... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guess I shouldn't mention the mistakes the Universal reservations clerk made with our reservation changes at the Royal Pacific ... :rolleyes:

Hopefully Tango will actually keep these flights. When they started out last year they were going to be flying to Florida. I was thrilled to get cheap airfare for my flights but they would only book a couple of months in advance so I had to wait. Soon after they got rid of all flights to Florida so I had to look elsewhere. I was very disappointed.

Hope they stay. Air Transat needs some competion to keep their prices down. With the lost of Canada 3000 Air Transat is the only charter airline going to Florida.
Keep the prices down

As it was Air Canada that helped push C3000 out of business I never use them nor Tango nor any of their other "names pretending to be in competition with themselves". That meant DD going to/from University with VIA for a while.

Fortunately we are only 90 minutes from Buffalo airport where the presence of Southwest keeps fares reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter