Target eGift Card - No EAN

IbeAbitGOOFY

Dis Dad #736
Just purchased three Disney eGift Cards through Target. Received them without issue. However, none of the cards have an EAN/Security Code/PIN. Therefore, they cannot be linked on the gift card site nor can I check the balance. I was able to confirm with a Disney Gift Card CM that it's a known issue and they are working with Target. The CM was also able to confirm that the value of each card is correct. Below is a reply I got back after submitting a comment on the Disney Gift Card website:

We are currently researching the situation with our Target partners as to why the eGift Cards do not have EAN information. eGift Cards without a Security Code/EAN cannot be registered, accessed, or merged on the Disney Gift Card website. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please, note the Disney Gift Card eGifts can be redeemed by showing your eGift email from your smartphone, or a printed copy of the eGift email. When using your eGift online or by phone, you only need to provide the 16 digit account number.

I had this issue yesterday as well. The chat feature on Target.com directed me to call the Target gift card service line at 1-800-544-2943. Was transferred twice, but after 35 minutes I finally received an email from Black Hawk Network support with a link that included the EAN. A hassle for sure, but I needed to add the amount to another card for a purchase this week!

Had about the same experience as you except I've yet to receive the promised email from Black Hawk. I was finally able to get the EAN/PIN by hitting the F12 key on my keyboard when in Chrome. It opened up lots of code, but within that code was both the card number and PIN. I used that and it worked.

I didn't have an issue with the EAN, but with receiving the email at all! Apparently something short circuited on their end and they experienced issues this past weekend. I will say, even though I haven't had any issues with this before this past weekend, it has scarred me enough to not do it again and just get physical cards from Target. I called them several times and each one gave me the same answer (it will be there with in 24 hours)...spoiler alert, they lied. In the end I did end up getting my giftcard number and EAN and was able to add it to Disneygiftcard. So hopefully you'll get yours straightened out quickly.

Had about the same experience as you except I've yet to receive the promised email from Black Hawk. I was finally able to get the EAN/PIN by hitting the F12 key on my keyboard when in Chrome. It opened up lots of code, but within that code was both the card number and PIN. I used that and it worked.
How did you end up finding the EAN? My e-gift card does not include a pin or EAN and I am taking a trip soon and need to add it to my account!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter