teens on 3.0

travisx4

Mouseketeer
Hello,
I was wondering if there are any teens going on the 3.0 my DS 15 is shy to start, last cruise he was able to email afew kids ahead of time to break the ice is there a post for teens to chat pre cruise, Spencer likes Video games and books and is a freshman in High school he does not have a lot of free rain so to speak I'm a bit of a worry wart..not really a hellocopter mom but close, last cruise I did let go but this one he will be in the teen club and I'm a bit scared ...:confused3 for Me...

We will have a 15 year old with us, but a daughter. You will easily recognize her as she'll be the loudest teenager on the ship when she talks. We are pretty liberal parents, but then again she hasn't done anything where we have had to come down hard on her or for us to lose trust. She gets straight A's and loves to golf. She also has a wicked sense of humor.

I'll see if she'll post something up.

My 16 year old son Benjamin will be with me. He is a veteran of the teen club after several cruises on DCL. I am on the over protective side but tend to give him a little more freedom on the ship. He has so much fun and feels so free, I don't have the heart to hold him back! But that doesn't mean I am not watching the clock and worried when he is not in sight!!

Our 15 yr old son will be with us. His name is Nick. He is very into online gaming. When he is not actually playing he is watching YouTube videos of different games that people post.

He has always loved our family trips to Disney world. He knows that small world is my favorite ride & has never given me too much of a hard time when we ride it.
He is looking foward to riding the aqua duck and expects that I will be riding it too(in my own float).
Take care, Sandy

Hi Sandy sounds like our boy's are very similar does Nick skype maybe they could chat before we travel to help break the ice or when we get on the ship we could plan to "bump'' into each other

HI Travisx4,
Yes, my son does Skype. He isn't home this weekend. He is on a school trip. I would have to pm you his acct. number or whatever they use (I don't understand technology).
We are also staying at the Swan pre cruise. Are you going to be staying in Disney world pre cruise? If you are maybe we could meet up for lunch or something.
Take care, Sandy

We are staying at the Swan too.I'm not sure what day we are getting in my husband does all the planning I just follow along...but getting together sounds good,I know my husband has his days planned out but I will tell him to put aside some time for a mini meet, I asked Spencer what online game he plays it is Monster Hunter Tri.
Liz

I'm 17 and I'll be on the cruise. Although I haven't been on the Dream, I did get the chance to experience the teen club on the Wonder. Be not afraid, for the counselors are there to help make connections. Remember, they do this with a new group of kids every cruise, so they have it down to a science. The first few days there are some great "get to know you" games, and, later on, it turns into a lot of free time where those in the club can pick which activities they want to do. I think what might help your son is to remind him that there is a very good chance that he will never see any of these people again, so he can feel free to let go a little. If people end up thinking he is super weird they will only be in his life for 5 days, and if he finds people who think he's the cat's pajamas, they can be in his life for longer through Facebook and such. And, if he turns out to not like the club or the people in it, there are so many other things that he can do like the Podcast stuff, the pools, going to eat, going to the movies, or the quest with the interactive paintings throughout the ship. Also, the ultimate "I'm alone on a cruise, now what?" activity is shopping. No one thinks you are weird because you shop alone, and while looking at the merchandise, you get an opportunity to think of what you want to do next. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions about cruising with teens, let me know!

My son, Justin, is 15, a highschool freshman, and will be on the cruise also. He was on 2.0 as well and made lots of friends. He's very much looking forward to it.

We are staying at the Swan too.I'm not sure what day we are getting in my husband does all the planning I just follow along...but getting together sounds good,I know my husband has his days planned out but I will tell him to put aside some time for a mini meet, I asked Spencer what online game he plays it is Monster Hunter Tri.
Liz

hi Liz,
Sorry I didn't respond quicker-I had surgery a short time ago.
My son plays Starcraft II.
We are flying in on June 22nd arriving late in the afternoon. I'm not sure of our plans either. Probably not buying theme park tickets for precruise. We are also staying at the swan for a couple of days post cruise and are most likely getting theme park tickets then. I kind of want to be casual about our plans. We have never stayed at an Epcot resort before so we are going to want to explore the area.
In an earlier post you had mentioned trying to meet up at the cruise terminal. We are taking the dreams transfer so I'm not sure what time we will get there.
Anyway, we are a family of four. Me, my husband my 20 yr. old son and of course my 15 yr old son. If you see us say hi.(I am aware of how difficult this is but I figured you never know)
Sandy:)

Hi Sandy,

No problem hope all is well,I have not checked this in a while..We are leaving on the
22nd too and staying at the Swan,I know we are going to The Brown Derby for lunch on Saturday, But beyond that not sure I don't always listen well.We are a family of four too,but my oldest is not coming so three this trip.We are renting a car to go to port and I think we have an early boarding # we are on deck 8 not sure the #..look forward to meeting you and your family..
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter