Tell me about Biergarten...

steg

DIS Veteran
We're considering heading to Biergarten on our next trip but have a few questions and are looking for any recent experiences positive and negative.

Do you get to pick your seat given that it's communal seating? We will only be a party of two so we'll definitely be with a larger party which has been one of our considerations/concerns.

How is visibility of all the performances? Do you get to stay as long as you want within reason to see all of the performances?

You are seated. You will likely be seated with a party of 4-6. Biergarten is TS so table assignment is partly of union rules (how many tables per CM).

The performance is not continuous. View is good throughout. You should not have an issue seeing all of a set.

This is what the room will look like. The seating is terraced so everyone has a view of the stage (which is off to the right in the first photo).
The second photo shows you the whole room from the area where the buffet is set up. The wide angle lens makes the stage appear further away than it really is.
You will be shown to a specific table just as you would be at any other TS location. It is not a "grab a tray of food and find a seat" situation.

Biergarten_Full_10331.jpg

biergarten-village-epcot.jpg

I love Biergarten. We are often a party of 6 and are seated with a party of 2. Sometimes the "2" are very chatty and we have a good time with new friends and sometimes the "2" are very quiet and obviously don't want to join our conversation which is ok too. Each time we have been seated this way, the party of 2 sits opposite one another rather than side by side. Your location at the table will depend on whether or not you are seated before the other party(ies) or after. The restaurant is pretty noisy, whether band is playing or not. There will be a view but the angle in relation to your table is not always great to watch while dining as you may have to almost turn sideways. Also, if you are seated on the tier nearest the stage there will be people who get up on the dance floor and may block part of your view. We usually stay quite a bit as some in my party enjoy the large beers.

I love the place..... you can see the show from anywhere they seat you,and you don't have to chat much with tablemates, a simple hello is enough then enjoy yourself.... the shows play like every hour or something...it's one our favorite meals!

AS others have said, you are assigned a certain table and do not get to pick. You can see from the above pics that most of the seating offers a great view of the stage. You can go on the Disney website and get a schedule of the performances. They happen pretty frequently so you'll likely get to see at least 1 or 2 during your meal. We find the food to be quite good and a good selection. The entertainment is a lot of fun. Overall Biergarten is one of our favs!

Our last trip, I think the party of 4 assigned to sit with us was a little put out to be seated with my kids (who, for the record, were well behaved by any reasonable person standard, save MAYBE if you wanted to judge my son for not taking off his hat at a meal, and, well, you don't lose hats that stay on heads; we were at a table on the railing above the dance floor and we put the kids on the inside so they could see, since we were there first).

I will warn you that the more people at the table with beer flights the less space there is.

Do you get to pick your seat given that it's communal seating?

1) The ASSIGNER (person with the hand-held computer) assigns your party to a table, and it is transmitted electronically to the podium.
2) The assignment gets printed and the SEATER (podium person) shows you to your table.
3) You sit where they instruct you, and you are told which seats are yours.
4) People in your party are free to use any of the seats assigned, as they wish.
5) You can stay as long as you like, so missing a performer or performance is not a problem.

NOTE: As far as worrying about your table-mates, typically this is not an issue. At the worst, they could be stand-offish, but seldom rude or intrusive.

We love Biergarten it is one of DH's "must do" places for our trips. We had always gone for dinner and were sat with a full table of 8 and never had any problems with our seat mates. This year we went for lunch (I think our ADR was about 1:00) and the place was empty. We were originally sat at a table by ourselves and then about 15 or so minutes later another couple sat with us, but that was it.

I love Biergarten. I'm usually not the most social person, but I don't mind the communal seating. it's always been nice (except for one time, when the others at our table were giving us the stink eye over having alcohol with dinner, but we just drank more schnapps and ignored them).

Anyone ever visit with a party of 9? We’re looking to go next June because it is the one place my mom’s husband requested. Should I book us in 2 groups or just call and book 9. I’m assuming I wouldn't be able to book more than 8 since the tables hold 8, online. I could use some guidance here.

If you get to the table and it's empty it's fine to ask if you can sit at the rail or the end (whichever you prefer). Worst they can say is no, but it's unlikely. Some may prefer by the railing to better see the show, some may prefer the end of the table to get up and down easier.

We went last year for our honeymoon as a party of 2 and didn't like it at all. We were glad we were on the DDP because I wouldn't have wanted to pay for what we got. We were sat with a family of 4 and another couple on their honeymoon (which was awkward). DH and I both agreed that the food was less than desired and the entertainment was just okay. We felt like we could've eaten somewhere much better, especially in Epcot. This year we went back for our anniversary and ate at Nine Dragons which we thought was MUCH better, but we love Chinese food.

I liked Biergarten but my kids made the experience unbearable! There was nothing on the buffet they would eat so they had to sit there and wait for us to finish which ended in tears. I felt terrible for the couple sitting with our party of 6. We weren't a disaster but we definitely weren't fun loving table mates that night. :guilty:

I love Biergarten. I'm usually not the most social person, but I don't mind the communal seating. it's always been nice (except for one time, when the others at our table were giving us the stink eye over having alcohol with dinner, but we just drank more schnapps and ignored them).

This totally made me laugh. They gave you the stink eye for having a drink at the German BIERGARTEN??????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter