Tell me about Teppan Edo

TE is very kid friendly. They will even make children's chopsticks for you if your kids don't know how to use them. They wrap a kids menu with a rubber band to a set of chopsticks so the kids can use them easily or they can use a fork if it makes it easier.

The thing is though without sounding pretentious is the style of cooking they do is called Teppanyaki. Hibachi refers to a small charcoal or gas grill. (Sorry I used to be a chef before running restaurants). Edo is a time frame in Japanese history and used to be the name of the capital city Tokyo.

It's usually pretty consistent. While we prefer local Hibachi style restaurants (price, variety, entertainment, etc.),we at least feel like we're getting "real food" here. But yes, very kid friendly.

We haven't been yet, but we are trying it out on this next trip. We always like to try a new restaurant, or two, each trip.

If you go to a local hibachi, you may be disappointed. I've been to a few hibachi's and Teppan Edo had the shortest "show" of any I've ever gone to. The food was fine, but a little salty for my taste. If you do go to a hibachi near your home, perhaps try something in EP you don't have easy access to!
Funny enough, I've had the opposite experience. I've been to a couple of hibachi places in my home town, and none of them light a candle to Teppan Edo. Sure, you get a little "more" with the hometown hibachi places ...such as soup/salad included in the price, as well as fried rice. But the quality of food at Teppan Edo is quite good, and better, than the places i've tried in my hometown.

The chefs are great. They put on an awesome show. We always have fun. My son and I love it.

If you do go to a hibachi near your home, perhaps try something in EP you don't have easy access to!

This is exactly why we did not select TE for our upcoming trip. We have local hibachis so we figured we should try something we dont have back home. We decided to try Akershus instead.

Oh that's good to know. When I think of Hibachi I think of the fire tricks that our local place does and I usually get fried rice with mine.
Might be something to think about.

I've seen other post about nine dragons being good, but I was thinking that this would have been more kid friendly.
Just an FYI, @JustCallMeMommy @firsttimer4 fried rice isnt "Japanese", its actually Chinese. They're trying to be authentic, which is why they dont serve fried rice. You'll find fried rice in China. :)

I wouldn't let the lack of fried rice be a deal breaker though because the food is quite good. :cloud9:

We went to Teppan Edo once, and it was fine, but we won't go back. At our local Teppan restaurant, we get salad and soup with our meal, but you don't at Teppan Edo. Like most Disney restaurants, it IS kid friendly, and the food was good, bu the decided we are better off with Teppan dining at home.

Although we do enjoy Teppan Edo, we are skipping it o our trip on two weeks. Instead, we prefer the Benihana’s across the street from Disney Springs. Better price, all courses, fire, better show and they even allow umbrellas in the drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter