Tell me about the full hook-up loops

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
For our most recent trip to the Fort, we stayed in loop 500 (premium). We enjoyed it so much.

We've almost decided that we will likely never go back because the cost is going up so much. However, we don't really like that decision. We'll stick with it and get a value room if we crunch the numbers in a few years and it's too much, but we do like the Fort.

I played around on the website, and I noticed that the full hook-ups run about $30 less per night than the premium. How big of a difference is the experience?
I've heard the premiums are almost always quiet, and that's important to us. We are early to bed and early to rise at Disney.
Do people party and let their children run feral in the full hook-up sites? I've noticed that location makes a big difference at other campgrounds we have visited, so I wondered how it works at the Fort.
Basically, I'm concerned about camping next to the people that have all the 10 people that they're perimitted (plus a few extra off the record), with an RV, two tents, a EZ-up awning, everyone's personal car, a black-and-tan coonhound, and a siamese cat.

We were in the 2100 loop in September. It was a cabin loop that was converted back into a Full hookup. It was one of the nicest, quietest trips we have ever had.

As for unruly neighbors, that can happen anywhere. I have heard (never witnessed) that the Tent/Popup loops can get rowdy on holidays or early Spring/Late Fall weekends when "locals" will fill the loops with friends and relatives. But again, that seems quite variable.

I have over a dozen Fort stays and have never had a bad (loud or otherwise) experience. The worst was in the 200 loop when our site backed up to the basketball court. DS was little and the older kids thought bouncing the ball at 10pm was ok. I nicely reminded them that there could be little kids trying to sleep and they should cut it off a little earlier. Never had another problem.

As for the price, it is getting pretty expensive, particularly at some times of the year. Bama Ed puts together a very nice sheet showing the price for the different categories of site by the time of year. Here its is. There is quite a spread on prices depending on when you want to come. Premium sites vary over $80/night.

2019-fw-rates-big-png.333591

j

Thank you so much for your reply and BamaEd's spreadsheet.

I always research, research, research where we are staying. I recall reading a few threads (on here, maybe?) that said that certain loops featured a party crowd, or featured a group of people that squeezed every soul they could find onto a campsite and would even encroach on others' sites. I definitely am not open to that!
I remembered reading that the preferred sites tend to be small. Since we are new campers, we chose not to go that route since we aren't nearly as adept at backing in as most. (Even our premium site proved difficult for us.)

We were happy with our loop (500). It was so peaceful. Campers around us were friendly, but not in-your-face and loud.

We can only go with the camper in the summers since that's when we have time off work. I wish we could go in the less expensive seasons, but it is what it is.

At $30 per night difference, I will definitely consider the FHU sites if they tend to have the same atmosphere as the premium.

Another issue for us, which isn't something Disney can possibly control, is I-10 through Louisiana. Our camper was purchased new 17 months prior to our Fort trip. The Louisiana roads were so bumpy that the bottoms of our wardrobes fell out and some wires were knocked loose. (We know of one family that had their entire sofa come loose from the bolts and blocked their doorway when they opened their camper at the Fort.) Again, not really within anyone's control, but we would need to factor in possible repairs since our camper is now out of warranty.

Edited to add: All that to say... we liked the Fort, but all things combined, it's becoming increasingly out of our budget. Trying to look at ways to possibly make it work again.

Except for a couple of times we always stay in a full hook up. Noise is more "time" related that loop related. Halloween, Spring Break and Christmas (the most busiest and when more kids are present) are going to be the noisiest. We have stayed in every FH loop and I agree that the 2100 is the most quiet.

We stayed in 2100 early dec 2018. It seemed pretty quite.

Our site was across the ditch/drain/creek from the tent loop and the only problem we had was a large group that get up early and make bacon. You could smell it all the way to our site, and we did not have any bacon so I sat facing their direction and whimpered.:sad:

Last edited:
Im going with more quiet then not at night. Its disney, people are exausted by nighttime. Especially if they have kids. I stayed over Halloween, all were quite by 10 pm. Crickets at 11 pm. That was a tent loop. We moved to a full hook up a day later, it was quite at 9 pm. So much so that i felt bad sitting outside at 930 with my awning lights on.

Do people party and let their children run feral in the full hook-up sites? I've noticed that location makes a big difference at other campgrounds we have visited, so I wondered how it works at the Fort.
Basically, I'm concerned about camping next to the people that have all the 10 people that they're perimitted (plus a few extra off the record), with an RV, two tents, a EZ-up awning, everyone's personal car, a black-and-tan coonhound, and a siamese cat.
Ok, I thought this was pretty funny!
I'll throw a comment in here. You previously had said you liked a premium because it gave you more maneuvering room. We have only been on a premium because it's really the only ones we can fit in. We have been in Dec. and in May. Dec was busy with all the carts and traffic looking at decorations. There were kids but for the most part well behaved. The site across from us had the group you mentioned, two sites actually. Class A and two cars in one, big bumper pull, (looked like a rental) in the next with the tents and party enclosure extra cars, etc and pets. I did have to ask them to back one of their cars up since it was edging into the street and I couldn't swing into my site. Really does make me wonder sometimes what goes on in people's head. Kinda rude.
The second time in May was about as perfect as you could get. It was during the week and the loop wasn't nearly full. Very quiet the entire stay.
Both of these stays were in the 800 loop which I later learned were considered "Meadow Premium", therefore more expensive. I liked where we were because it was kinda in the middle between the marina and main entrance.

LOL. The last two times we went we were in full and really enjoyed it, yes there was a family acrossed from us that kids got a little out of hand with running through our site and actually hiding next to our trailer, but generally it was fine, they were gone most of the day and in bed early. And our site was large, maybe we got lucky. When we were in a Preferred 3 yrs back over the weekend we had the worst neighbors, about 10 people or we think more with several tents, several cars, kids everywhere, loud but they only stayed the weekend. I think the farther you are away from main areas can be quieter. I also agree that the new full site that used to be a cabin area looked very quiet but did not stay there but biked through.

We usually have stayed in the preferred loops but our last trip down we choose a full site with our son who was also traveling. We were put in the 1600 loop and had great neighbors and had a much larger site than a preferred. Everyone was quiet and kept to themselves but would give a wave and a friendly hello. In contrast, the last time we were in the preferred loop we were very close to the site next to us.. almost no space in between sites, and the young couple next to us had a tent and also placed a small blow up swimming pool almost exactly even with our door. If I ran out our door I would fall in their pool. That messy stone from the campsite was stuck all over the poor kids when they were wet..but they didn't seem to mind. Also, the couple had a very old dog who they let wander all over. Thankfully we are dog lovers and he was a very good dog so we let him visit with us when he wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter