Tell me about visiting the Parks in November on Dapper Day

disland7

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
We a looking into visiting the 1st full week of November- which Sunday I believe is Dapper Day. I’d like to know people’s opinions/advice/experiences visiting on Dapper Day and maybe the week after. Thanks.

Last edited:
Dapper day in 2018 falls on the 22 April weekend. First week of April will be Easter in 2018 so if expect it to be fairly busier but what else is new! Also the Food and Winr Festivale runs through to mid April as well. HTH!

I wonder if OP meant the first full week of November, since the title says November. It's a little confusing since there's also a Dapper Day in April.

Dapper day in 2018 falls on the 22 April weekend. First week of April will be Easter in 2018 so if expect it to be fairly busier but what else is new! Also the Food and Winr Festivale runs through to mid April as well. HTH!

I wonder if OP meant the first full week of November, since the title says November. It's a little confusing since there's also a Dapper Day in April.
Yep I meant November. Sorry I’m going to fix it.

We went this November. It was my first Dapper Day. I loved seeing all the clothes! We went Dapper Day itself (Sunday) and the following Monday and Tuesday. Crowds were not bad at all. We stayed at the DLH with the special Dapper Day discounted rate... it was really great!

Went for Dapper Day a couple years ago and loved it! The days leading up to Sun were busy but not insane but Dapper Day itself felt like a total madhouse. However, we didn't find it to be much of a loss because we'd done everything we wanted to and planned on it being crazy. We had 2 TS reservations that day and I'd do that again if I were going to Dapper Day, it provided a much needed break from the crowds. We did lunch on the cafe orleans patio and people watched- that was GREAT! Highly encourage that, so many people are dressed up and their outfits are so fun to see and it's a lot easier to take it all in when your seated and out of the crowds. We did Carnation Cafe for dinner but if I have a bigger budget if I ever get the chance to go again I think I'd try to swing Carthay Circle for dinner because I know there are going to be some wonderfully dressed people there that evening and it might make it feel extra snazzy, you know?

The outfits are incredible.

The crowd levels in 2016 and 2017 weren't to awful bad, kind of high, but not as high as it was just this past weekend. However, in Fall 2015, DL hit capacity on DD. I'm not sure if it coincided with Veteran's Day or a runDisney, but I didn't believe friends who complained about the crowd levels, and then later I read that the park had, in fact, hit capacity.

The week after DD, in 2018, might start running into Veteran's Day travelers towards the end of the week.

Does the start of the Christmas season usually happen over Veterans Day weekend?

Can one potentially do Dapper Day one weekend and Christmas the next weekend?

Now that the fall DD doesn't coincide with Halloween Time it seems much more manageable crowd wise. I found this years DD to be less crowded than past years because of this move. We went Thursday through Sunday so different from what OP is thinking. I found the crowds levels to be very manageable, although we arrive at rd each day. We also left on DD so I don't know how it was that day in DL.

However, as Veterans Day is a whole week away and there isn't a run happening in 2018, I am thinking that the crowds level will be lower in that first week of November. I think it is a GREAT time to visit DL as the rates at the on sight hotels are so great. I am putting it on my 2018 list!!!

we went 2016 wed - sat - nov 2 - 5. So, after Halloween, before Christmas, but DD was the 6th. Wed/Thurs were awesome, Friday got progressively worse, Saturday was even busier, and then we were DTD Sunday and it seemed pretty nuts. That said - better that weekend than marathon weekend/Veterans Day/opening of holiday which was the weekend after.

Great thanks for all the replies. I feel better about that weekend now. Plus it will be my oldest boy’s 11 birthday so that will be special.

We went this past November. It was quite cool. The crowds are usually a bit quieter as Halloween is over and Thanksgiving is not quite here yet.

I love the fact I can get a picture of the family dressed nicely, together, at DISNEYLAND!!! Once in a great while, you may even get a picture nice enough for Christmas cards! I say, go for it. You will have fun.

We a looking into visiting the 1st full week of November- which Sunday I believe is Dapper Day. I’d like to know people’s opinions/advice/experiences visiting on Dapper Day and maybe the week after. Thanks.
We went this past November and it was fantastic. So fun to dress up & see others dressed up at the parks. Crowds weren't bad on Saturday, likely because of AP blockouts. A bit heavier on Sunday but nothing crazy. We stayed onsite using the Dapper Day resort discount, and took advantage of EMH each morning, which really helped. MaxPass helped a lot, too. The weather was fine- we didn't need coats & we even swam one day, though that was a bit chilly. Unforgettable trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter