Tennessee Boy first ever trip to Disneyland

BJW3

Anything can be fun if you try.
After years of going to WDW I finally planned a trip to Disneyland. So me and the wife got on a plane and yesterday (9/23/17) was our first time to ever visit Disneyland. I'll start by saying that we will be here for a week and will be going back for sure.

Yesterday was interesting. After a four hour flight I couldn't hold my excitement. I was super excited to get into the park. We checked in and where in the park by 10:30. We walked down Main Street and decided it was best to try to make a Fast Pass reservation with the app. We had the app already set up on both phones, the tickets entered into the app and the accounts joined as a party on my phone so I could keep us together. It would not let me pay for the Fast Pass service on the app until we where inside the gates of the park. After getting inside the gates the phone signal was super slow and the wifi was worse. Then there was a problem with the card information I had on file. I found a cast member that told me to delete the app and reinstall it to try and fix the problem and somehow in the process my password had to be reset. All of this had to be done in the park on super slow speeds. I left that cast member and found another that was "agitated" by the instructions of the other cast member. This entire process took about three hours and I was a little put off by this point. This place is supposed to be happy.
The cast member that helped me get it all squared away added a few fast passes to our account that we could use at any attraction and was also very good and getting things pointed in a good direction.
So as a wafted for the app to load we walked around the park getting our bearings and just taking it all in. There is so much detailed put into everything. It's just amazing.
We did do some rides Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones, Finding Nemo Voyage, Winnie the Pooh, Star Tours, Soarin', California Screaming, Radiator Springs Racers. So all in all it was not a horrible day.
I'm still not sure if the credit card information is correct or not but I will not find out until I get back into the park and try it.
The crowds where crazy yesterday. We are going to see other things in town today and hope the there will be a few less people on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Yesterday we rented a car and went into town to see some of the sights. LA is quite the sight to see. Lots of things are different here but we had a lot of fun exploring. We did spend a lot of time at the Tar Pits and down at Venice beach.
The Tar Pits are quite amazing. It's something I think people should see. I had no idea about any of that stuff.
Venice beach was very fun. We walked along chatting with random people and looking at the art and other items that where there for all to see. It was something like I had never seen before.
We ended the day getting dinner at Naples in Downtown Disney. The drinks where very good and the calamari was the best I have ever had. The Pizza was not what I expected. It was burned and looked over cooked. I ended up paying a bit over $100 for an appetizer and burned pizza. But all in all it was a fantastic day.

I'm glad it was good so far! Sorry about the burned pizza! I hope it has been a fun week for you guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!