Tent Camping Questions

Mortlives

DIS Veteran
Hello, Everyone.

We've never been camping at Disney before, so I'd really appreciate help with the following questions:
  • Is there a place where we can go to watch the resort channels for daily information, or do we do without that?
  • The faq says all sites have water and electricity. How does this work, is there a tap or a hose for water, and is it drinkable?
  • Can you have wood campfires at your campsite, or charcoal bbq only?

Thanks for any help,
Ciao,
Mort.

Mort wrote:
>We've never been camping at Disney before, so I'd really >appreciate help with the following questions:

Be careful Mort...camping at Fort Wilderness is unlike any camping you've experienced and it's totally addicting! We're tent campers
too and absolutely love Fort Wilderness!

>Is there a place where we can go to watch the resort channels >for daily information, or do we do without that?

Nope, no TVs. You can get daily info from the materials they hand out at check-in (and you can get updates there when you need them) or you can use the in-house phone at the comfort stations to call for park hours, weather, etc.

>The faq says all sites have water and electricity. How does this >work, is there a tap or a hose for water, and is it drinkable?

I believe there is a tap that can have a hose attached to it. The water is drinkable, however it is standard Central Florida water. If you find the water in the hotel rooms drinkable you'll have no problem with the water at FW. We prefer bottled water.

>Can you have wood campfires at your campsite, or charcoal bbq >only?

Charcoal only. They do have a campfire program every night with a roaring wood fire. Also, if you have one of the special fireplaces that use wood I believe you can use those. Double check before you use one though as I'm not completely sure.

We'll be checking in to FW on Saturday morning! Can't wait.

Originally posted by Mortlives

[*]The faq says all sites have water and electricity. How does this work, is there a tap or a hose for water, and is it drinkable?

There is a hose attached to one-half of the faucet but it is an older hose used to clean the sites. If you need a hose for drinking water I'd take a white one.

There is a hose attached to one-half of the faucet but it is an older hose used to clean the sites. If you need a hose for drinking water I'd take a white one.
You DO NOT want to use the hose that is on the site for drinking or washing dishes. This is not a drinking water quality hose and I can assure you it has been used by people with Port-a-potties to fill and clean things you want no where near your mouth. This go double if you are on a full hook up site where black water tanks need to be rinsed. As campingcorgi said bring your own white RV hose.

The official policy on fires is in the BBQ grill only. However, I have seen people use the portable fire pit/grill combo and have no problems.

There is also a metal power box that has connections for 30A, 50A, and 2 or 4 regular 15A power sockets.

The preferred hook up site do have cable. We have never had it but they probably the disney info channel.

Thanks everyone!

Now, if I could just get the answer to one more question which I forgot earlier -
Can you get packages delivered to FW, or is that a perk reserved for more expensive (like AS) resorts?

TIA,
Mort.

Yes, you can have your purchases delivered to the Meadows Trading Post from any of the parks, resorts or DTD. It's great to not have to carry things around in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter