• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tent camping veterans w/kids-how young?

dutton

Mouseketeer
I was thinking of going camping for our 8&6 yr. olds spring break. I forgot WDW has a campground!My DH is an outdoor buff. We also will have 3 1/2 and 2 yr. old.How is camping with little ones. I know in April that parks are packed but we will probably just stay in FW for 3 or 4 days and do River Country. May wait until the week they're out of school at end of May. What do you bring for your family. I am a newbie at camping and need all info! What makes the sleeping more comfortable!Thanks alot!

What are you staying in Tent,Pop-up,Travel Trailer???????
If you are tenting it have some good air mattress.Also if you can bring their bikes. It is a lot of work with the two little ones, but you will have a great time. Our kids have been camping since they were wee babes and we have loved every minute of it. There is so much to keep them occupied in the campground. The beach, pools, petting farm, hayrides, campfire and movie, playgrounds all over, fishing, renting a paddle boat or any other boat. Our kids will not stay anywhere else when we go to Disney. They are now 12 and 17. Go for it and have a great time.

We would be tent camping. What other necessities would we need? What time of the year is the best time to go? They have a week off in Oct. from school this year and I thought it might be fun to go then for a couple of days!Thanks for the information!

We have been camping with our dd since she was 1, and that was in the mnts! in a tent!With kids its easy to make them happy with us older folk not so easy! as i allways say take a back up to the back up!!Youll find out what i mean.

October is a great time to go, as a matter of fact, it's our favorite. The weather is great and the lines are short or non-existant. One thing I would be sure to pack is a slow cooker. You can throw something into it and you have a hot meal when you get back from a long day at the parks.

:) We have always camped with our children from the time they were babies. Just be sure to bring along all the things you might need from the medicine cabinet, too (tylenol, allergy meds, etc.). When the kids were little we'd bring a port-a-crib for familiarity, but it sounds like your youngest ones will be satisified with a few favorite lovies and toys. I'm sure they will love the playgrounds, petting zoos, and just walking around the Campground.

Dutton, I went to FW with youngest DS, age 9, for our Spring Break this year. It is wonderful in April! April is one of the driest months of the year for FL. We had a dome tent with a queen size air mattress. I took an electric blanket just in case it got chilly at night. Please feel free to ask any questions...

TC:cool:

If you are tent camping, I would go in either April or October. The weather is great! I'm not sure I would go at the end of May. But that's just because it's too hot for me!

Good Luck!

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter