"test-drive" 3-1-1

iNTeNSeBLue98

DIS Veteran
I just took some time to try fitting our 3oz. or less liquids in one-quart, plastic, zip-top bags. I'm probably getting carried away, but I'm taking advantage of one bag per traveler. I still have to add rewetting drops and lip balm, and I'm not sure if there's anything else. My baggies are almost at capacity. Yes, I could probably check most of the liquids, except maybe the contact lens solution and rewetting drops, lip balm and sunscreen. Everything else could probably be packed in our checked luggage.

We are arriving early in the afternoon (using DME) and our luggage should arrive before dinner. I don't foresee needing body wash, shampoo or shaving cream when we arrive, but then what if our luggage is lost or delayed?

What have your experiences with 3-1-1 been?

JMO, but I would probably check things you won't need right away. As far as the shampoo/body wash, would the stuff in the room work for a day or so until your luggage gets there? I know some people can't use the new stuff due to allergies and such.

I'd put everything but the most critical liquids/medicines in your checked luggage. If you present your carry on with a plethora of containers (even if it's in a zip locked plastic bag) you will probably be held up while the TSA paws thru your bag of stuff. It just makes the whole process flow a little quicker. :goodvibes

I plan on bringing some of my toiletries in my carryon-tiny bottle of shampoo, sunscreen, moisturizer, mini toothpaste, and my first aid items like Neosporin and zinc cream, and liquid medication. Everything else is a solid. I'll pack more shampoo and sunblock in my checked bag. What did you pack in yours, Intenseblue98? Can anything be replaced with a solid? (like a bar of soap?)

JMO, but I would probably check things you won't need right away. As far as the shampoo/body wash, would the stuff in the room work for a day or so until your luggage gets there? I know some people can't use the new stuff due to allergies and such.

I'm pretty sure we could go without the shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the carry-on. I know in the back of my mind that there will be some in the room, but I keep forgetting. The Disney-supplied soaps would suffice if my items were not delivered as expected.

I plan on bringing some of my toiletries in my carryon-tiny bottle of shampoo, sunscreen, moisturizer, mini toothpaste, and my first aid items like Neosporin and zinc cream, and liquid medication. Everything else is a solid. I'll pack more shampoo and sunblock in my checked bag. What did you pack in yours, Intenseblue98? Can anything be replaced with a solid? (like a bar of soap?)

I tried to fit most of my travel toiletries in the bags. I split supplies for three over three bags.
shampoo
conditioner
body wash
contact lens solution
hairspray
shave cream/gel
anti-bacterial hand lotion
toothpaste
sunscreen
odor eliminator spray (Febreze-type product)

I think I'm going to reduce the contents to:
contact lens solution (I can probably eliminate this too)
rewetting drops
hairspray
anti-bacterial hand lotion
sunscreen

Heck, I may check all of it. My plan is to check in and head to lunch in either the food court at CBR or Disney Studios. Chances are, our room may not be ready when we arrive (around 1:00 pm), so we wouldn't be in need of anything other than the sunscreen.

In my 3-1-1 you will find.....hand sanitizer, suntan lotion, toothpaste, mouthwash, and sometimes shampoo/cond. It's always at the ready so I don't even have to think about it anymore..just toss it in my carryon.
It really doesn't slow down security at all. The agents just check it out and off you go.

I was wondering how this is going to work , we have not flown since 2001 in the Spring before 911 happened.

I thought maybe it would be easier to get the stuff with my grocery delivery I place then there is no messing around with bottles athe size etc etc.

I have to tell you with all these new rules and not traveling for a long time I am worried I may hold up the line for something, thats the last thing I want to do.I am one of those if I am suppose to be there at 8am then i am there at 7:50

In my 3-1-1 you will find.....hand sanitizer, suntan lotion, toothpaste, mouthwash, and sometimes shampoo/cond. It's always at the ready so I don't even have to think about it anymore..just toss it in my carryon.
It really doesn't slow down security at all. The agents just check it out and off you go.

Speaking of sunscreen - Walgreen's has their own brand in three-ounce tubes. It comes in 8, 30, and 70 SPF (with the latter being much more expensive, of course). Too bad it's not French, since all my other 3-1-1 items happen to be.

We are arriving early in the afternoon (using DME) and our luggage should arrive before dinner. I don't foresee needing body wash, shampoo or shaving cream when we arrive, but then what if our luggage is lost or delayed?
On the <1% chance your luggage is delayed, you would simply buy what you need.

Assuming I have a checked bag, the only things that go in the 3-1-1 baggie are things I might need on the plane, or those things that are difficult to replace. So I bring spare contacts (hard to replace) and a case full of saline (which I might want on the plane), but I don't bother to bring a bottle of saline (which I can just buy if my luggage is lost/delayed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter