• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Test Track loading?

billsfan

Lets Go BUFF-A-LO
We will be traveling with my MIL in December. She has alot of trouble with her knees. Is there a place where they load people onto Test track where they do not have to step down into the cars.
I don't believe she could step down onto the cars but I believe she could step into the cars.

Thanks

Yes they do have an alternate load area where you do not need to step down just step over the side. Nice pug pic. :pug:

pugdog said:
Yes they do have an alternate load area where you do not need to step down just step over the side. Nice pug pic. :pug:
::yes::
But, it is similar to stepping over the side of a bathtub and then into the bathtub.
This picture from Deb Wills site shows a close up of the ride car at the regular boarding area. The track is recessed at the regular boarding site. You can see someone's feet at the very top of the picture; the floor is pretty much even with the top of the ride car. So, it is a step down to the seat and then another step down to the floor. This picture of the boarding area from the DIS site shows a bit more about how the track is recesseed and how the ride car relates to the floor.

When you board at the alternate boarding area, the ride car is all above the floor (so it looks much more like a regular car). It would be like transferring into a car, except that there is no door to open. If she does decide to get on there, she might want to consider sitting on the side of the car, turning and then swinging her legs in.
She might actually find it easier to get in at the regular boarding area, with one family member getting in first to be able to steady her, while another gets on after her so they can help with a steadying hand. You get on from the "passenger" side of the car and get off on the "driver" side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter