Teva sandals for wide feet?

janetanne

Previous DVC member
Teva's look great for walking around the parks. The problem is I wear a wide shoe.. can Teva's adjust to accomodate a wide foot?

My husband and I both have wide feet and wear Teva's comfortably!

The Tevas I have are the Terra Fi II & they have adjustable straps. I live in them all summer long & always wear them at WDW.

I wanted to mention that my DH has a pair of Chacos sandals. They are more expensive than Tevas, but they are very comfortable and infinitely adjustable. He broke his foot and bought the Chacos because everything else hit the fracture and hurt. They're very supportive. He wore them 4 weeks after the fracture to walk around Universal Studios for 2 days. (before you ask, the doctor said it was OK!) He got his at www.summerfootwear.com and I buy my Teva Mush from SierraTradingPost.com.

It will depend on the kind of sandals. The flip flops s/b fine for wider feet. But I have found that overall, Teva runs slimmer than other sandals/shoes.

I would recommend looking at Keen since they tend to run wider.

Also, I 2nd the previous recommendation for Chacos! DH wore them during our entire 10 day WDW trip. Totally waterproof, comfortable (after you get used to them), and adjustable to your feet. When they get dirty, you can just throw them in the wash.

Before my trip in September, I tried on all the Teva/ Keen's I could find (LL Bean, Sports Authority, Dick's, Bob's, etc.) and all of them were much too narrow. I was looking for the kinds with adjustable straps, not flip flops. I do not consider myself as someone with freakishly wide feet - I buy wide when available, but usually just wear a normal width a half-size up.
Then I started looking at Fit Flops, which were also much too narrow. I had to go up 2 or 3 sizes just to get my foot in! It was laughable.
I ended up buying a pair of Nikes that LOOKED like all the Teva's I had tried on, but ran wider. I was never able to get them from "instruments of torture" to "broken in" so they are still in my closet. THEN I bought a pair of fake Fit Flops (from K-Mart, of all places) that gave me all the support of real Fit Flops and were very easy to break in, with the help of some band-aids between the toes.
I alternated between my good sneakers and Fake Fit Flops at Disney and didn't have a single blister.
Good luck to a fellow wide-footer!

I ordered some on line and will need to return them. I have always had great luck with anything from Easy Spirit .. I think I will stick with my old faithful.
New styles for the summer are starting to come in.. I still have 8 more weeks before I will be needing them. thx.. anyway

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter