Thank you and still more ???s

iwant2go2disney

Earning My Ears
Thank you all that answered my last post I appreciated it. I called the Disney travel
and booked a room at the ASMO for 5 nights for 674. (which still seems high) but when you add the ticket prices for us 641. that comes to 1315 and then they are chargeing me extra 50 for the refrigerater so 1365 .What do you think is that a good deal or should I stay offsite?
How much are the character breakfasts or lunch and are they buffet or menu?
How long has everyone planned there trips for? aam I crazy for just starting to plan for 3/10/-3/15/2002

Room-- With Disney Club I have a ASMo room for 3/22-3/28 (7 nights) in the basic plan for $705. I don't know if there are still rooms available at that rate, but it might be worth a try and the cost of the card.

Character meals-- I have found the character meals to range from $15-$20/person, slightly less for kids. Most are buffets. CRT, Liberty Tree and Garden Grill are served family style with a set menu (though slight variations might be possible.

Planning time-- This time I have spent about 2 months planning, but most of that is just arranging PSs and making general plans and only because we will be there the week before Easter and know it will be crowded. I have also planned a 4 day trip with just over 48 hours from the time I made the reservations and bought the plane tickets until lift off.

You could save $50 by bringing a cooler instead of renting the frig. We drive from NC and always use our cooler. We keep it stocked with milk for our morning cereal, soft drinks, juices, and bottled water. Ice is free and plentiful, so I add some every day and empty water out about every other day. It's really as satisfactory as those tiny refrigerators.

Your dates fall in Peak Season for All Stars
Peak Season - 2/14/02-4/20/02

This is a very expensive time to Visit WDW. It's not just WDW, thats expensive, it is the whole of Orlando that raises their prices. I went to WDW last March 2001. My first dates were in Nov. But when I moved the dates to March,my budget almost doubled!!!!! But it was the only time that my High School DD could go.

The fridges are sooooooo small!! A half gallon of milk will not fit in them. We could get 4 cokes on the shelf in the back and 4water bottles across the front!! It is a small cube shape. The inside looks like this hl .

If food storage is your goal,you will be better off with a cooler. They have one at Walmart that plugs into the wall!!!

I agree with tarheel. At the last minute we decided to take our large collapsible cooler in our checked baggage. We were so glad we did. It worked great! We stayed at AS Sports and they had ice machines that were conveniently located. It was nice spending that fridge $ elsewhere!
As far as your room rate goes, it sounds a bit high to me, but maybe that's because it's peak time. We got our AS room for $49/night, using a code from mousesavers.com, but that was the week before Christmas. (off-season) It wouldn't hurt to dig a bit more and see if you can come up with something better, unless you're already locked into your ressies. Did you ever check mousesavers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter