Thanks for the invites, but . . . . . . .

So glad to hear you are still alive and sort of kicking. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and rehab.

As of this morning.

1) Told yesterday I need surgery on my ankle next week.
. . . two screws
. . . off foot and no driving for 8-10 weeks
2) Spine doctor appointment to determine if surgery on fractured L1 and L2 discs.
3) Sounds like a good point to retire from Disney when surgeries are done.
. . . retired "officially" in 2005
. . . thought it would be fun to "play" at Disney
. . . it has been a good time
. . . but, with nasty ankle and fractured discs, maybe not so much any more?

Last edited:
As of this morning.

1) Told yesterday I need surgery on my ankle next week.
. . . two screws
. . . off foot and no driving for 8-10 weeks
2) Spine doctor appointment to determine if surgery on fractured L1 and L2 discs.
3) Sounds like a good point to retire from Disney when surgeries are done.
Sorry to here that. I thought Disney WAS your retirement? Either way, do what's best for you and get well soon (or in 8-10 weeks whichever is earliest. :) )

Many Prayers are coming your way for a speedy recovery. Too many careless drivers on the road & in a hurry to go nowhere!

. . . I thought Disney WAS your retirement/ . . .

1) It is a major part of staying busy during "retirement", while volunteering.
2) If I have to give it up, it will be a loss.
. . . liked meeting new folks all the time
. . . liked making all the new Fort Friends
3) If the back and ankle don't heal properly, don't where they might stick me.
4) I would not like being placed somewhere with little guest interaction.
5) We will see . . . . . . . . . . .

TRS,

Take it a day at a time. It probably seems bleak right now. Take all the time you need to heal and then decide what's best. Hopefully the ankle and back heal up fine and you'll be wanting to get back to the Fort. Staying active doing what you enjoy can be the best physical therapy.

j

Hadn't seen you posting lately so did a search .... oh my .... what an ordeal you are dealing with.

Hoping all goes well, successful and they can get you back on your feet soon!

11465c39b4d51fb6086eff3e64209a63.jpg

I am fast approaching A MONTH in hospital and rehab center . . . I want to go home!
Hadn't heard from you in a while. I was hoping recovery was going well and surgeries are behind you.

Take it from a healthcare professional, wanting to go home is a good sign! :-)

j

Amen to the wanting to go home. It's always good to hear patients say that. Scupper, keep your wife watching the mail. The girls got something headed your way.

1) I stopped by The Fort on Good Friday to say "hello" to my employee buddies and two guest families.
2) The wife drove me, as I am still unable to drive by doctor orders.
. . . fortunately, I knew the guard at the gate
. . . due to the holidays, they were not allowing entrance without an ADR or site reservation
. . . sometimes it is nice to have friends - and return favors due
3) I went in to say Good Bye and then drive to Cast Services to "Turn In My Papers" to retire.
4) One of the managers told to me to wait a month.
5) HUH ????
6) Turns out that one of my fellow Cast Members listed me for the Cast Member Preview of Avatar.
7) My HARDTICKETS for the event were in my mailbox at The Fort.
8) How could I pass this up, especially being wheelchair-bound?
. . . getting and FP in the near future could be almost impossible
9) I took the tickets and will wait until May to submit my retirement request.

THANKS, BUDDIES !

PS - My preview tickets at Avatar are for May 2nd, Noon-to-2:00pm, I will post my comments.
PPS- My guest family friends actually offered me cash to give them my Preview tickets.

I surely hope your impending retirement won't be cause for absence here on the boards.... Your wit and insights are valuable to those of us who are intelligent enough to use it as needed.

Even still, hope all goes well for you in your healing, at the preview and in life in general.

Awesome, glad you are healing up. the preview sounds awesome, and we will get there in Sept. Enjoy !!!

Glad to hear you are improving and well enough to be let out for small supervised field trips Hope that if we put together another meet and greet for coming Jan you can come

Glad to hear you are improving and well enough to be let out for small supervised field trips

1) Thanks.
2) Yep, MrsRustyScupper is a good supervisor.
3) When she can't manhandle me and push me around, she can yell really loud. (LOL)
. . . I am 6'3"
. . . She is 5'2"
. . . Kind of Mutt-and-Jeff
. . . But, she can be mean when she needs to be
4) One of my managers suggested staying Part-Time.
5) She suggested I simply go FMLA, which gives me broken days up to 12-weeks total per year off without penalty.
6) I can let WDW schedule me, then simply book-off with FMLA.
7) SOMETHING to consider.
8) It might be "playing the game", but it is totally permitted by law and WDW policy.
9) I really don't want to be out-of-the action of/at WDW, if possible.

PS - Hopefully, after my May 10th doctor appt I will be allowed to stat walk again and finally begin to shop for a vehicle replacement. I don't know the car(s) I want to consider, but we have put a Mini-Cooper out of contention.

Good to hear from you Rusty and glad you're getting around some, even if it is by wheelchair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!