Thanks OKW Staff

garydeb

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

We almost had a tradegy with my sister on our WDW trip. This was my family's first trip to WDW.
We were at downtown disney when she started complaining that
a mosquito got her. She had three or four welts on her neck. On the way back to our hotel she started laughing about having two more on the other side of her neck and that the mosquitos
got her good. When we made it back to our room at OKW she
was covered with hives from head to toe and started having breathing problems. We them realized that she was not bitten by mosquitos but was having some kind of allergic reaction. We called the OKW front desk for emergency assistant. They called the ambulance for us. Immediately we had security and CM's at our door to assistant us. The ambulance showed up with three minutes. The EMT's were great!!!! They were able to immediately give her meds to stop the reaction. She was taken to celebration hosptial where she was released around 3am. She is doing well. The OKW staff called the next day to see if she was ok and to see if we needed anything. I can't say enough about how helpful and compassionate they were to us.
My sister still doesn't know what made her have the reaction but I'm glad DISNEY was there to HELP!!!!!
Thanks ALL,
Debra

Debra, I am so glad your sister is OK. Allergic reactions can be SO scary. Years back we were at a garden party and Mom was stung by a wasp. All too soon the horrible reaction started and thank goodness the EMT's came quickly and were so helpful. To this day my Mom flees when she sees a flying insect (even though she has now had years of the allergy shots)!

It's also nice to hear that WDW employees are there in time of need. Again, thank goodness it was all OK.

That must have been very scary, Debra. How wonderful that the cast members were so responsive to the situation.

I'm glad your sister was quickly alright.

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter