Thanksgiving crowds

bornwiththeears

Disney Addict
This will be my family's 16th trip to WDW, but it will be our very first at Thanksgiving. We plan to arrive (BWI) the day before Thanksgiving and stay through the weekend. If anyone that has gone during this time of the year could give us an insight to how busy the parks are we would appreciate it.

I've been Thanksgiving week twice and will be there again this year. Monday-Wednesday are very managable- not bad at all. Hardly any waits. Thursday and Friday and packed- especially Magic Kingdom. We do go to MK Thanksgiving Day to see the Christmas decorations. We just go to EE to get a few things done and take a nice and slow for the rest of the day. Make PS for Thanksgiving day early if you plan to eat at MK. I've heard the weekend after is also very crowded- we leave after Friday so I don't know. Good luck!

Hi,

I agree with everything that tink2 said. This will be our 6th Thanksgiving there and each one has gotten progressively more crowded.

The weather has been beautiful and the Xmas decorations are lovely so you will enjoy yourselves regardless of the crowds.

We went to Sea World the Friday after thinking it might be less crowded than the World. WRONG!! It was so crowded we waited in line 1 1/2 hours to buy some really awful chicken for lunch.

Mary

Thanks to both of yall for the info. We are looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations.

Annette

WOW We are planning to drive from CT the Sat before thanksgiving and staying until Friday. I never gave the christmas decorations any thought thinking we would be to early. My question is when do the decorations go up? Is there a recommended place to do Thanksgiving dinner ( is there really ony bad place to eat anyway LOL). Thank for your input

Deanna

We went the day after Christmas two years ago and the decorations were beautiful. As far as Thanksgiving dinner, I was advised by the CM that took my reservations to book early because the restaurants are crowded. On this web site under restaurants there is a list of places that serve traditional dinners on Thanksgiving. We plan to make reservations at Canada because we love the food at the steakhouse (my family is not big on turkey) My suggestion to you is to book as early as allowed (I think 90 days). Have a great vacation.

Annette

You may know already that on this website (which I love more and more each time I log on) you can get the menus from almost every restaurant at WDW. It gives you a little advance "heads up" on where you might want to eat!!

As far as decorations, they go up Wednesday night after the park closes. Wednesday, MK is like every other day. Then, you walk in on Thanksgiving morning and WOW- everything is Christmas! It is magical! Even down to Christmas music playing over the speakers. You may see a Christmas tree or other things at the resorts mainly and maybe some at the parks before Turkey Day, but nothing like Thanksgiving morning. It is amazing what they can do in one night after the parks close!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter