Thanksgiving dinner at EPCOT

smmcgarry

Mouseketeer
Just came back from Thanksgiving dinner at Coral Reef. I have to say, the portions are pretty small. For 32.99, we got 3 small pieces of turkey breast, an ice cream scoop of stuffing (that was NOT the texture of stuffing), an ice cream scoop of sour cream mashed potatoes (pretty bland), a thimble of cranberry sauce and a thimble of applesauce.

Luckily, we got 20% off with the pass holder discount, but we cancelled Fresh Med Market buffet at the Dolphin for this. We wanted to be on "real Disney property for our first ever holiday at the parks). We're not HUGE eaters, but a little more food might have been nice. It was very quick also. About 35 minutes in and out.

In terms of the park, we didt go on any rides, but I expected wall to wall bodies. Instead, it seemed relatively moderate to quiet. There WERE longer than average lines at typically slower attractions, such as Spaceship Earth), but it wasn't the madness I expected.

Any thoughts/similar experiences?

Just came back from Thanksgiving dinner at Coral Reef. I have to say, the portions are pretty small. For 32.99, we got 3 small pieces of turkey breast, an ice cream scoop of stuffing (that was NOT the texture of stuffing), an ice cream scoop of sour cream mashed potatoes (pretty bland), a thimble of cranberry sauce and a thimble of applesauce.

Luckily, we got 20% off with the pass holder discount, but we cancelled Fresh Med Market buffet at the Dolphin for this. We wanted to be on "real Disney property for our first ever holiday at the parks). We're not HUGE eaters, but a little more food might have been nice. It was very quick also. About 35 minutes in and out.

In terms of the park, we didt go on any rides, but I expected wall to wall bodies. Instead, it seemed relatively moderate to quiet. There WERE longer than average lines at typically slower attractions, such as Spaceship Earth), but it wasn't the madness I expected.

You will get more feedback on the Restaurant Forum here on the DIS rather than here on the Theme Park Attractions and Strategy Forum.
Ice cream size scoop size servings of sides are what I like

We had dinner at Garden Grill and it was really good. They even seated us early. We did Nemo, Circle of Life movie, LWTL, Soarin, Figment and SE. We also visited every Kidcot station in WS. It was a good day.

Thanksgiving dinner is supposed to be a feast, & it seems that what you received was anything but. For $32.99, I can't blame you for being disappointed. Hope you still had a happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving dinner is supposed to be a feast, & it seems that what you received was anything but. For $32.99, I can't blame you for being disappointed. Hope you still had a happy Thanksgiving!

If you go back next thanksgiving try a buffet next time. I went to Garden Grove at the Swan last night and it was great. When I get home I’ll be posting my review on here. They had all the traditional food and a carving station. It was also a character meal which made it feel extra Disney

yup did Thanksgiving at citricos a few years ago and it was probably the worst meal we ever had anywhere. The turkey was the consistancy of canned cat food.

If in Epcot I would have recommended Garden Grill as well. You will not leave there hungry and I like the character interaction there a lot. For character interaction it beats Chef Mickey's by a country mile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!