The “the little dude does DLP” pre trip report

NiamhOC

Earning My Ears
First off..it’s only because of the DIS boards that I was even able to get to grips with DLP so a big Thank you to everyone!!

Cast:
Me (33) single mum wanting to do something extra special for me DS’s birthday this year as Christmas will be very quiet. My whole family will be on the other side of the world in NZ so it will just be him and I .:sad1:
DS (6 when we arrive, 7 when we leave) – also known as “The little Dude”
He’s the best little man in the world. He’s mad about everything Disney (especially Pixar but I’m working on him with the oldies;)) and celebrating his birthday in the park is the “Best Gift EVER!” (his words):lovestruc

We’re total first timers so you can only imagine the excitement in our house at the thought of going to the most magical place in the world!!

So…the trip…

We’re going to be staying in the Cheyenne from the 13th to the 17th October. Our flight is from Dublin at 7am and we live about 45 mins from the airport so we’ll be up at 3.30am We arrive at CDG at 9.45am and are getting the VEA bus (The tickets came as part of my package). So I’m “guesstimating” but I reckon we’ll make it to DLP at about 11.30am.:cool1:

The plan is to check in, drop the bags and head straight to the village for some lunch and then the park for some serious playtime!!
That night I’m thinking we’re going to do dinner at a cheap counter service as I’m sure my little man will probably fall asleep into his food!:rotfl:

Breakfast in Café Mickey is booked for 9.30am on the 14th and as we have EMH I was thinking we could go into the park at 8 and then head out for breakfast after having done a few rides. We’re planning on staying in the park until about 12 and then are going to get the RER into Paris as my son’s favorite movie is the Hunchback of Notre Dame and he has told me that he has GOT to see that (and the Eiffel tower). One of my best friends (Tracey) lives in Paris and is going to meet and spend the day with us! :yay::yay:

The plan for the next day (15th) is to have a rest in the morning (Think we’ll need it!) and then hit the Studios for the early afternoon. We have MNSSHP tickets for that night and our costumes all organized so we can’t wait for that.pirate:

The 16th is my DS’s 7th birthday!! (Can’t believe he’s 7 already ). Have already bought a day ticket for Tracey so she’s going to come and join us for the day. This also means I get to do some of the rides that my son can’t go on!
Have Café Mickey booked for that night with a birthday cake and can’t wait for see my DS’s face when it comes out!! He’s going to be so surprised:dance3:

We go home on the 17th but don’t have to get the bus until 5pm so will spend the day in the park doing whatever we can before we go (including spending the last of our money on lovely things to bring home)

So..that’s the plan and I just can’t wait. I have a countdown clock on my computer and as of right now it’s showing:
47 days
1144 hours
68697 minutes
4121852 seconds

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Well done you're super organised! Your son is very lucky to have a mummy who gets him the best present ever, and I'm sure this is a birthday he will never forget.
Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back.

Sounds like a great plan. Bet you can't wait to see his face at Cafe Mickey when he gets his cake. Given me a idea for my 2 think I will plan something like this in the future.

Wow, that all sounds so good ! :goodvibes I am there the same time as you for a slightly larger birthday [50 :lmao:] and I still can't decide which restaurant to have the cake in.....so well done you :goodvibes

Hope you have a fabulous time :cloud9:

Kaye

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter