The “We’re finished school forever” Trip Report June 2011 - completed

Disneymad1993

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone and welcome to my very first Trip Report!! Hopefully I won’t waffle on for ages but at least through this TR I will be able to relive the magic of my trip!

Day 1 22nd June
After not much sleep the night before at my Granny’s house we were up at 3am in the morning!!! (I kept asking myself why did I pick the earliest flight??? lol) At 4:15 we were on the motorway down to Dublin Airport :) We arrived at the very new Terminal two and we were checked in and through security in no time.

The flight was uneventful and we landed on time in Paris CDG at 9:45. We got through passport control and through to baggage claim but had to wait about 15 minutes, we then thought we would miss the 10:30 bus to Disney! When we eventually got our bags we got the free white VEA bus to 2E/2F. We were then led to the main VEA desk and we got put to the front of the pretty long queue because we had bought our tickets online – result!! There was a full looking bus in front of us but they had 3 seats left, thankfully they couldn’t find a party of three so they were looking for a party of two! So we got on the bus and were on our way to Disney!!

We arrived at the Santa Fe where we got off and got in the queue for check in, we were pleasantly surprised that our room was ready! After a wee bit of confusion of where we had exited the reception at we were on our way to our room, Room 435 in building 24. There were two ways of getting to our floor, walking up four flights of outside stairs (No thanks in the rain and a suitcase haha) or go to the building beside it and take the elevator and there was a corridor which connected the two buildings. I wonder which one we took lol.
SAM_1252.jpg

SAM_1260.jpg

SAM_1253.jpg

So after a quick dumping of our stuff (as you can see in the photo above haha) and a change into my shorts for me, we were on our way to Disney Village for lunch at EoS. At first we were a bit confused at how we were supposed to order but we worked it out. I ordered the Earl’s Club while Tascha ordered the All American, we both had a drink and a packet of crisps each. The sandwiches were lovely and would defiantly recommend EoS.
SAM_1280.jpg

Above: The All American
SAM_1281.jpg

Above: The Earl's Club

After lunch we went quickly went to the Disney Store to get our autograph books and pens. Unfortunately it was lightly raining at this stage but I think we were both so excited to be in Disneyland Paris finally!! So we went through the Castle which is when we realised upstairs was closed in the castle :(
SAM_1286.jpg

Above: Our first look at the Castle!

So we went through fantasyland when the rain started bucketing down! Poor Tascha hadn’t brought a coat so we went into the nearest shop to buy a poncho for her, thankfully I had brought a cheap poncho from Asda so I was prepared. We then went and got a Fastpass for Peter Pan’s Flight before going off to our first ride POTC! I loved the fact it is still the original ride and going past the Blue Lagoon restaurant and waving. It is defiantly one of my favourite rides now. So we purchased our photo with the 5 photo pack (loved the 5 photo pack saved us so much money and splitting the cost between us really helped!) and headed out of the shop to see the sunshine :D now this is the weather we had been hoping for lol
I checked my phone to see it was time for our Fastpass time, so we went up to the entrance to be told by the Cast Member that we had to come back at 3:05pm :confused3...so I checked my phone time against the one at the Fastpass entrance where I realised that my phone was an hour fast!! :rotfl2: I didn’t realise that my phone automatically changes the time once it changes network lol and I had already put my phone an hour forward! So thankfully we had just gained an hour, we then went on Snow White which was only a 10min wait and then the teacups which was only 5mins. We picked a cup and tried to spin it to find that it didn’t spin very fast! Was a bit disappointed but loved it anyway!
So after the teacups it was finally our time for Peter Pan’s flight! I absolutely love this ride, it just reminds me of my childhood and I love the feeling of flying through London and then over Neverland :).

Well that’s all for Day 1 Part 1 :goodvibes Part 2 will be up within the next couple of days (hopefully!)

Your room at Santa Fe looks quite nice! And the bedsheets look a lot less busy than when I l had stayed there (which was my only complaint with the hotel) :thumbsup2

Glad the weather cleared up for you. Looking forward to the rest. :goodvibes

Day 1 Part 2!
So after Peter Pan we headed over to Alice’s Curious Labyrinth! Tascha is a big fan of Alice in Wonderland so she loved it! I loved the Queen of Heart’s Castle and the views were gorgeous from up there. Thankfully the rain had gone away and the sunshine had well and truly come out!! The back of the castle was still under refurb when we were there but the front of the castle made up for that, it really did look stunning!

SAM_1315.jpg

So we then went round to one of my favourite childhood rides – Les Pays des Contes de Fees, unfortunately they were just cleaning after they had to close the ride during the rain so we went to It’s a Small world :) I got to admit I really am a big kid and I love this ride, it’s just Disney at its best.

SAM_1337.jpg

At this point we decided we needed a rest so we went to Pizzeria Bella Notte, we just relaxed for a while and texted family. I decided to go up for food first and got the set meal at €9.99, I got the Bolognese pasta with garlic bread and coke. The pasta was nice but I am not the biggest fan of Bolognese sauce so I didn't eat all of it (I had ordered the other type but they got my order wrong and I was just too hungry to care haha). The garlic bread was lovely so I’d defiantly recommend Pizzeria Bella Notte.

SAM_1364.jpg

SAM_1365.jpg

Just as we had finished eating the 10min announcement came on for the Once Upon a Dream Parade so we stepped outside and got a fantastic spot! We were behind some kids and a couple of adults but since we are so tall it didn’t really matter! (Tascha is 5ft 10 and I’m 5ft 11 haha!) I absolutely loved this parade and the music!! I had been listening to Just like we dreamed it for months so I knew all the words!! We saw the Princess do the wee show stop and to be honest I quite enjoyed it lol Just looking at all the kids being able to dance with the Princess, isn’t that just every little girl’s dream right?

SAM_1373.jpg

SAM_1420.jpg

So after the parade it was off to Les Pays des Contes de Fees which was a walk on! I really do love this ride and it looked gorgeous in the sunshine :cloud9:

SAM_1432.jpg

SAM_1440.jpg

SAM_1447.jpg

After this we had done pretty much on our to do list for that day! So we decided that we would like to go on Phantom Manor which was only a 5min wait! Loved this ride and actually found it a bit scary the first time on this trip hahaha! Might even go to say it has the edge on the Florida version!! We then had a walk round Boot Hill before deciding to head over to Discoveryland.

SAM_1462.jpg

SAM_1461.jpg

Above: I love these two graves!! :lmao:

So on the way over to Discoveryland we took the obligatory castle photos since we had not taken any earlier with the rain. We then headed over to Buzz Lightyear’s Laser Blast!! I was really looking forward to this and was not disappointed! The ride was brilliant and I won!! Although I have been on the Florida version before whereas this was Tascha’s first time so it was to be expected lol. We bought the photo with the 5 photo pack with a frame for only €3. So we did a bit of shopping in the store beside it where I got my first pins of the holiday (I love my Disney pins!). We then decided our feet were sore so we headed into Cafe Hyperion to sit and watch the cartoons, really enjoyed watching Steamboat Willie and some more modern shorts like the Pixar ones! It really is a nice place to sit down and relax while still enjoying the Disney Magic.

After Cafe Hyperion (we must have spent a good hour in there lol!!) it was just after 8pm so we decided to head back to the hotel, you have to remember we had been up since 3am!!

SAM_1471.jpg

Above: Leaving the Park!

So we walked back to our room at the Santa Fe, got into bed and watch some of the Disneyland Paris channel which I personally see the point of because I’m sure most people know most of the stuff that they show lol That girl is so annoying aswell....SORTED!

So that is end of day 1! I have to admit I think it was the most perfect day you could have ever had, we got lots done with minimal waiting and nothing went wrong!

Day 2 will be here within the next few days!!!
PS I'm sure most of you's know how to change the title of a thread but I dont!!! Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks :goodvibes

all that in one day - what did you do for the other 3 lol :rotfl2:??

WOW you got loads done in your 1st day!!
Cant wait to read more and see all your pics. popcorn::
The new terminal 2 is lovely and shiny new isnt it!? And so much handier then T1

So we were up bright and early this morning – 6am!!! We had a 7am breakfast and it was quite peaceful and not too many people were there. So we went and got our breakfast which consisted of croissants, pain au chocolates and nutella mostly haha! I also had a wee roll with ham and cheese and Tascha had some fruit salad. We found this lovely big round table (big enough to fit six but we sat there anyway!!) and ate :). We noticed once 7:30 came it defiantly got a lot busier!! So after we had finished we left and got the bus to the parks.

SAM_1476.jpg

Above: My breakfast!!

We were at the Disneyland Hotel for 8am!! Now I am the worst person in the mornings but for Disney I would be up anytime!!! So we entered the park and walked up one of the arcades to Discoveryland where we went on Star Tours which was only a 5min wait. We then headed to Buzz for a rematch!!! I got to admit Tascha did a lot better this time and got a score of 16000ish and we were very close in scores at one point before I hit a moving target so I ended up with a score of 36000ish!! Another good thing happened aswell, the ride broke down twice!!! Both times we were in the final room and the first time we were in a great position to increase our scores! The second time we were just heading out of the room so couldn’t really get any targets but we enjoyed it all the same!

SAM_1481.jpg

Above: Disneyland Hotel at 8am!!

It was about 9:15 at this stage so I suggested we go over to WDS to queue for rope drop. So they let us in about 9:40 and we power walked to Crush’s Coaster. I think we were about 20th in line so I was very pleased. They opened the queue fully about 9:50 where we waited until 10am and were let inside; we got on shortly after 10am. Oh my word! I loved this ride, I just wished we could have gone on it again!

SAM_1525.jpg

Above: In this photo you can see a bit of the queue for Crush and this is before they even let us into the queue!

So after that amazing ride with Crush we went to Toy Story Playland where the Parachute Drop was only a 15min wait so we joined it. Now I am really scared of heights but love Tower of Terror (but that’s inside so slightly different) so I was a bit anxious going on it, we saw that it didn’t drop too fast so my mind was put at rest and I know with Disney you are completely safe. I loved the ride!!!! The views from the top were amazing, I could see the Disneyland Hotel and Disney Village!! (Of course my hands were firmly latched onto the bar haha!)

So after the Parachute Drop we went round to see what the wait time was for RC Racer and would you believe it, the sign said 5mins!!!! I was shocked and we walked through the queue and got inside where admittedly we probably waited more like 10mins but I wasn’t complaining!! And our timing was perfect because we were near the front when a massive crowd came in and when we left RC Racer the wait time was 40mins!!! Talk about amazing timing!! Back to the ride, I loved it although poor Tascha closed her eyes lol the feeling was enough for her!! I couldn’t believe that you were basically vertical!!!

So after RC Racer we headed out of Toy Story Playland (Slinky’s ZigZag Spin was under refurb) and we looked at the time...it was only 11am!! We had done the three most popular rides (that were on our to do list, Tascha and me don’t like loops so RnRC was out of the question and Tascha wouldn’t go on ToT so it was out aswell lol) in an hour!!! I could not believe it!! So we headed over to the Flying Carpets which was only a 5min wait.

SAM_1568.jpg

Above: Toon Studios

After coming out of the Flying Carpets we see Tweedledum and Tweedledee with hardly anyone around them! So we go over and a few kids go first and then they come up to me and Tascha, One of them decided to take my camera off me and started taking photos!!! I think it was great for Tascha as it was her first character experience and they were brilliant! I don’t think I have mentioned the fact that Tascha is kind of a newbie at DLP she was there for a day when she went on the French Trip in school but she didn’t get to do what she wanted and they didn’t meet any characters so this was her first proper time doing it.

So after that great character interaction (first of many should I add lol) we headed over to Cinémagique were we got great seats (right in the middle of the row and on the raised bit) and they had just finished the bit where the Cast Member introduces the show when the curtains raised, and we could hear the film but couldn’t see it :rotfl2:!! So we all had to exit the theatre when we saw that Woody and Jessie were out!

We went over to Jessie but I was very doubtful that we would get her autograph because there was a million kids round her and after a few minutes I said to Tascha “I don’t think we stand a chance here” when next thing you know Jessie came over and we got autographs!! :cool1: Now we didn’t get photos but still I was over the moon (she must have heard me lol). We tried to get Woody but there was no chance and he had to go anyway so then we saw that Stitch Live was starting English. So we ran in and about a minute later the pre-show started – talk about timing!!! I really enjoyed the show, very funny and I loved the audience participation. I have seen the Crush show over in Florida so knew what to expect but this show was better!!!

So we then decided to have lunch at Blockbuster Cafe. I had left it a surprise to Tascha that they had a HSM and Pirates of the Caribbean side so I told her just before we went in and she was so excited!!! I’m sure you’ve realised by now she is a big Pirates fan lol! So we both ordered the €12.99 menu. I got a Crouque Monsieur, packet of crisps, chocolate cake and a coke. Tascha got the mushroom version of a Crouque Monsieur, crisps, chocolate cake and iced tea. I had thought that the mushroom versions had gone so I was very surprised to see it there. We obviously sat in the Pirates side at the table by the window. It was quite empty although it was only about 12ish, we had decided for an early lunch since we were eating at Cafe Mickey that night.

SAM_1591.jpg

SAM_1593.jpg

So after lunch we headed to Animagique which I really did enjoy, I don’t even care that some of the songs are in French I can still sing along in my head! And the Animagique song really does get stuck in your head... “La la la la la....Animagique!” Next for us was Cinémagique which was brilliant, we had better seats than when I originally saw it back in 2004 and loved all the little effects on the stage this time. We then headed to Armageddon, I do like this ride but the pre-show was awful. The subtitles for the different languages weren’t going at the same speed than the French woman was talking and just pointless I think. The main show was good. I went in and stood near the back with my hand against a railing and Tascha did question my method but I said you’ll appreciate it once the show starts lol.

Next was the studio tram tour, I love Catastrophe Canyon and the Reign of Fire scene but the rest of the ride was just a tad boring to me as I have seen it before. Especially the fact that you go to Catastrophe Canyon first and see all these props but there isn’t any audio, I know you see them on the way back but then it’s a bit repetitive. Apart from that I still enjoyed the ride.

SAM_1640.jpg

SAM_1658.jpg

We then were headed to the stunt show for the 4pm showing, when we saw the characters come out so we got both Minnie and Chip’s autograph before heading into the show. We went in and heard engine noises and I said to Tascha it must be the warm up act but we then realise that the show had started!!! Anyway I thought they had started it early but we enjoyed the show. I thought the Lightning McQueen bit was good in the fact you got to see the car but it was boring compared to the stunts.

SAM_1690.jpg

Above: My fav picture from the stunt show, I nearly got all 3 cars on two wheels but the first one had already gone down.

We then headed out of the stunt show where I checked the programme, I then realised that I had been looking at the weekend times for the stunt show!!! The show had actually started at half 3 and not 4pm!! Aw well we then went on to Art of Animation. Tascha is really into her art so she LOVED this place. We stayed for a bit after and learnt how to draw Mickey Mouse and had a look around the place and the shop.

When we were finished it was about 5:30pm, we had done everything that we wanted to but we still had a couple of hours to kill until Cafe Mickey at 7:30pm. Our feet were killing us so we decided to get the bus back to Santa Fe to rest our feet for a bit before walking to Cafe Mickey for our reservation.

So after our rest we walked to Cafe Mickey where we waited about 10mins before getting a table upstairs. We had just sat down when Mickey came to our table!! Tascha then handed him a birthday card to give to me, so Mickey took the card and decided to walk off with it!!! :lmao: It was so funny but he then gave me the card. It ended up my family had given Tascha the card to give to me when we were at Cafe Mickey and they put a pin inside!! It was the perfect start to the dinner. We saw 9 characters in total; Mickey, Stitch, Pluto, Goofy, Minnie, Tigger (my fav!), Goofy, Chip and Dale. :cool1:

For starters I had the Caesar salad and Tascha had the Garlic mushrooms. I loved my salad and Tascha really enjoyed the mushrooms but thought they were a bit salty.

SAM_1774.jpg

SAM_1775.jpg

For mains we both had Pluto’s Steak, we did have to wait quite busy and to be honest we were having fun with the characters and watching them interact with the kids aswell. So the steaks came and it looked really nice, we had both ordered them well done. My steak was quite thin so it was well done but Tascha’s was thicker and still pink in the middle!?? I had heard that the well done isn’t as well done as the UK but I wasn’t expecting that pink! Tascha was still happy enough to eat it but it’s not the way she is used to eating it.

SAM_1786.jpg

So for dessert we both had Woody’s Campside Chocolate which was gorgeous the fondue cake really did just melt in your mouth and the Ben and Jerry’s ice cream aswell!! :cloud9: :cloud9:

SAM_1793.jpg

After our fantastic meal at Cafe Mickey it was about 9:30ish so we decided to do some shopping in Disney Village. I was really surprised at how busy it was, I suppose all the Spanish stay up late lol and there were a lot of Spanish around! So we eventually started walking back “home” (we kept calling the hotel home during the holiday) at 10:45pm!!! After that we really did just fall into bed!!

SAM_1807.jpg

SAM_1810.jpg

Stay tuned for Day 3 coming soon!! :goodvibes

another great fun-filled day - your timing was just perfect today :goodvibes.

Alovely start to your holiday :) you and your friend looked like you had fun

Great trip report, you seem to have got a lot done :thumbsup2

Those are some very busy days... Seems like you had a lot of fun as well as getting things done. :)
Looking forward to the next day.

Day 3 – Friday 24th June Part 1

So after our late night we had a bit of a lie-in (half an hour :lmao:). We went down for breakfast at 7:30am and defiantly noticed that it was a lot busier. We had to wait a few minutes as they had to put more of everything out!! I saw some peoples trays with loads of rolls!!! I know we were taking some food to eat for lunch (we took a roll or two and croissant each) but this seemed over the top!!

We ate breakfast before getting the bus to the Park. This was the morning I woke up with a bad knee so it was a slow day. We got to the park about 8:15 and we had a leisurely walk down Main Street and to Fantasyland. We were just taking our time and soaking up the atmosphere :love: We were going to go on Dumbo but the line was quite long; the sign said 10mins but it looked more like 15-20mins and we decided not to do it. We then went round to Peter Pan’s Flight it was also nearly 30mins so we decided to sit and people watch for a while :goodvibes

SAM_1826.jpg

We then headed over to Frontierland for rope drop and it was just before 10am when they let us in. We decided we were going to get into the normal queue before getting fastpasses for another go. I was quite shocked at the mad run to BTM and when we got to the entrance people were just coming round the queue just to get near the front; there was no sort of queue like Crush’s Coaster the day before. We were literally in the middle of a HUGE sea of people :scared1: So I was expecting them to open the ride on time but we had to wait another 5-10mins while they tested the ride!!! :eek: We knew they were testing it because the train came round a few times and there were a couple of people in it writing stuff on paper. I was quite annoyed at this since we were waiting in a crowd of people and everyone kept pushing closer and closer together. In my opinion DLP has quite a late opening time (As far as I can remember WDW parks open 9am) so they should have adequate time to test the rides before the opening :confused3

Anyway we got into the queue and we only had to wait about 5-10mins before getting to the boarding part. So we got on (near the front unfortunately but I wasn’t complaining too much) and went off for “the wildest ride in the wilderness”. We both absolutely loved the ride :cool1:, Tascha was a bit nervous at first but I told her that Crush’s Coaster and RC Racer were a lot worse than BTM. When we came out she was saying “Why was I scared of that??” lol So we purchased our photo and got in queue to get our fastpasses. We got a time of 11:30am – 12pm so we didn’t have to wait too long.

SAM_1854.jpg

We wandered over to Phantom Manor were the wait was about 10-15mins. Really enjoyed this the second time round and I defiantly think it has the edge over the Florida version. After PM it was time for our fastpasses for BTM and I was quite surprised that there was a very big queue for the fastpasses but I think some people were trying to get on before their time so I think we waited for about 10mins before getting into the Fastpass queue. We both enjoyed it more the second time, Tascha because she wasn’t nervous and me because I didn’t have Tascha clinging to my arm :rotfl2: so I could put my hands up etc

Day 3 Part 2

We then had our wee picnic on a wall just across from BTM and rested for a while. It felt like it was the warmest day that we were there; it was lovely just sitting out in the sun because we don’t get much sun in Northern Ireland :rotfl:! After we headed over to see the Tarzan show!! I was quite excited about this as I had seen it when I was last in DLP in 2004. So we went to the entrance and the last show was just ending. We eventually got in but they were not letting us sit in the centre area :confused3 (And we were about the 8th and 9th person in line!) We had to past the most centre area and sit in the one next to it. We still ended up getting a good view but I thought that we should have been able to sit in the centre area.

SAM_1878.jpg

The show was AMAZING!!! :woohoo: It has improved since the last I saw it and it gave me goosebumps!! We then decided to go on Pirates because we wanted to use our last photo pack voucher so we each had a Pirates photo. We walked over and saw the queue was 30mins long!!!! :scared1: We both decided we could do it after we had been to the Pirate and Princess Party and returned to the Park. We then walked over to IaSW where the queue looked about 20mins and we also decided it wasn’t worth it! It really was busy so we decided to go for an ice-cream at the ice-cram place beside Pizzeria Bella Notte. The ice-cream was gorgeous aswell!! :love: It was really nice sitting with some ice-cream, chatting and texting family and friends. We also had a couple of princesses walk past (Obviously they were changing princesses at the Meet and greet) and it was nice seeing their dresses up close! :cutie:

SAM_0009.jpg

So I was sitting eating when I saw that the gate where the parade floats come out was opened!? :confused3 Obviously it was so that the princesses could change over but they kept it opened for a good 10mins and visitors were just walking through? I thought there should have been a Cast Member standing there so that they wouldn’t be able to go through and ruin the magic.

After our rest we decided to go shopping in Main Street for a couple of hours. One thing I noticed when I was over there...the clothes sizes are quite small! I know me and my friend are not the skinniest people out there but the XXL seemed like a UK Large. So I was a bit disappointed not to get any T-shirts that suited me when I tried them on. Although I got a very cute black bag with “I heart MK” only the heart was a Mickey Head :lovestruc; I also got a very cute purse with Mickey outlined on the front. So we went into a few shops before going to the Emporium and I ended up seeing a cute nightie which had Mickey in his dressing gown with coffee and it said “Wake up Mickey” so I got it instead :goodvibes

What a great trip report :goodvibes

You really get your enthusiasm coming through it

Love Carte d'Or ice cream, much better than B&Js or Hagen Daas

The passage that you are talking about is often open all day, it cuts through to Discovery land and saves you going all the way round the front. The floats etc go off to the left a bit further along after the entrance ;)

Day 3 Part 3!

After our shopping spree (My money was running low now lol Only had money for dinner and emergencies :rotfl2:) we decided it was time to head out to Disney Village for the Pirate and Princess Meet and Greet! We waited until 5pm before being let in; we went upstairs and sat down when music started and Pirate Mickey and Princess Minnie came out!! :) They dance for a while and then kids started going up for autographs and pictures.

SAM_0016.jpg

SAM_0017.jpg

At first it was quite hard for two adults to get in but we got autographs and photos eventually :) I really enjoyed the party, the Disney Characters being able to dance with the kids (and sometimes getting adults involved aswell lol), the music (which was my type of music – Top 40 music and it was in English so I could sing along) and free food and drink!! Then there was an announcement that princesses were coming out and Belle and Aurora appeared! :love: (Belle is my favourite Princess and I have never met Belle before! :eek:) They made their way over to the princess stage where they had a queue so there would be no scrum.

SAM_0019.jpg

Then Captain Hook came out with Mr Smee. While Minnie and Mickey had a break Donald and Goofy came out; while Belle and Aurora had a break Cinderella and Snow White came out and finally when Captain Hook and Mr Smee had a break Captain Jack Sparrow and a random Pirate came out.

I got to admit I think at the party was some of the best character interaction I have ever witnessed, the characters were very energetic and in character.:cool1: Tascha’s highlight of the trip happened here; we were standing at the edge of the dance floor when Captain Hook came over to us and got Tascha up dancing!!! :lmao: She had just said minutes before how she would love that to happen and it would be a dream for her!! We were waiting at the edge of the dance floor because Donald had gone for a quick break so he motioned that he would be back in 5mins so we waited. When Donald came back Tascha was dancing with Captain Hook, Donald saw them, looked at me and motioned that he was not happy lol so he got another female adult and started dancing with her!!! It was hilarious!!! :rotfl2: I wish I had gotten it on camera! I thought I had started recording but actually because the camera was already recording I turned it off! :rolleyes1 Silly me!!

Also Captain Jack Sparrow looked SOO much like the film Jack; he looked like Johnny Depp a bit and his mannerism was spot on! when we met him he took me for a “tour” round his “ship” (the background) and talked about how he didn’t like mutiny and if you are in trouble just remember “Parlay”. He was such a show off aswell; he would start his autograph and then suddenly look away while still signing!! pirate:

SAM_0041-Copy.jpg

We ended up staying until near the end of the Party before heading back into the Disneyland Park. We walked up to Pirates where it was a walk on!!! (I was right lol) We really enjoyed our last ride of the trip and soaked up every bit of atmosphere!! We then headed over to Cafe Hyperion where we got dinner. I really enjoyed the food and watching the cartoons.

It was then a slow walk out of the park saying good-bye to Disneyland Paris :sad1: We took one last picture of the castle and headed out :sad2: We then got a bus back to Santa Fe where we headed up to our room. We were both exhausted after a jam-packed but fabulous 3 days! :woohoo: We relaxed a bit but ended up talking for ages :rotfl: (So much for an early night because we were tired!!)

Day 4 – Saturday 25th June (Travel home day)

We woke up and went down for breakfast at 7am. We took our time just enjoying the last moments of being in Disney :sad2: We then headed back to the room where we packed (We were too exhausted last night! :rotfl2:).When we had finished packing we went to the hotel shop as we had to buy a last minute present for a friend of ours. We then headed out to the front of the hotel and sat for a good 15-20mins waiting on the VEA coach. We headed onto the coach and enjoyed a relaxing drive to the airport. They had a video playing showing the different attractions of DLP then the hotels then Disney Cruise Line then WDW. It was a nice way to end our trip because each attraction that came up on the TV we shared memories of the past 3 days. :cloud9:

We arrived at CDG at terminal 2E/2F; this part of the journey had been worrying both of us as we had to get from 2E/2F to Terminal 1. We went inside the terminal and asked the information desk where they said follow the signs for the CDGVAL (The tram that connects the terminals). This lead us to Terminal 3 (via a long travelator and not walking our feet were happy lol) where we boarded the tram and got to Terminal 1!! And we were worried about getting there, it really was simple. :thumbsup2

We had time to spare before check-in opened so we sat down and looked through pictures on my camera :). We then checked in before having lunch at a McDonalds no too far from where we had checked in lol. After lunch we headed up to what we thought would be security but it was a passport control. So after they checked our passports we found ourselves in duty-free!? :confused3 I thought duty free came after security! Anyway we had a quick look and Tascha bought perfume. We then headed to the gate where we found security lol Security is literally just before the gate!! So we then and sat before our flight was called. Oh I had been looking to buy some water and sweets before getting on the plane but couldn’t find any in the duty free shops. I then saw there was another duty free shop at the gate so you could purchase stuff aswell there.

So we had an uneventful flight which was only delayed by 15mins in France and arrived in Dublin safely. We then went to baggage claim where we had another 10min delay!! But we got our suitcase and headed out to meet my Mum and auntie. We then headed to Drogheda where we stopped at KFC for dinner (notice my meals consisted of fast food that day :lmao:) and my aunties house to eat dinner before driving back up north.

The end!! :sad1:

Final thoughts!

Looking back on the holiday (now over a month ago!! :eek:) it was probably the most magical holiday I’ve been on :wizard: probably due to the Cafe Mickey meal and the Pirate and Princess Party aswell as being there with my best friend who was experiencing it for basically the first time.

I got to admit this holiday really raised my opinion of DLP; my family and I had a bad experience in 2004 with regards to Cast Member attitude basically if you didn’t speak French then they didn’t care. Thankfully Disney has raised their standards in that area :thumbsup2although some things don’t change like the character scrums in the park!! :lmao:

The sad thing is I probably won’t be back for a very long time! :sad2: It did go through my head as we left the park for a last time. Money is tight for my family and I’m about to become a student in September so realistically if we did go on another Disney holiday it wouldn’t be for a long time and I think my family and I would prefer to save up for WDW. As much as I now love DLP and think it does have its unique points, I still prefer WDW. :goodvibes

I am so glad I took this holiday while I could; it was the first holiday for me without family (of some kind) or school. And it is defiantly a holiday I will not forget for the rest of my life!! :cool1: Lastly thanks to everyone for reading and for all the advice that is on the boards, it helped me plan and get excited!! :banana:

What a great trip report :goodvibes

You really get your enthusiasm coming through it

Love Carte d'Or ice cream, much better than B&Js or Hagen Daas

The passage that you are talking about is often open all day, it cuts through to Discovery land and saves you going all the way round the front. The floats etc go off to the left a bit further along after the entrance ;)

Thank you :goodvibes
OH!!! :rolleyes1 That would have saved us time!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter