The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

Wonderful update of the Magic Kingdom with a nice poem. Your pictures are spot on.

Thanks, Vanessa!!

COP is our family favorite, but we did finally try Liberty Belle when I dropped Danielle off for her DCP. It was a nice break.

Both just lovely, slowdown attractions. Loving those more and more as I get too decrepit to do the fast, jerky stuff anymore.

Love what you did here. Lots of fun going on too.

Thanks, it was really fun to put together.

I branched out and did a few character meets on my own back in December and enjoyed it.

I've never had a bad one, I just don't love the characters enough to spend time waiting in lines for them.

Had my first one in December.

Did you love it?

This sounds so good. I haven't had it yet but Danielle did for the first time on Friday. She's on a quest to try all the snacks while she's there. She and her roommates started an Instagram ID the snacks they try.

OH cool! Very nice and a delicious pursuit!

So much cool information on your trip reports.
I try to put stuff in that is new. :)

Okay... funny that you included a link for sheep. :laughing:

OOps. I was copying the poem and it had the link. I didn't intentionally put it in there.

Bringing?
Apparently that's the most common? Or was? But I'd never heard that.

Neither had I! We always said wagging...

Love the costume. I told you so, too, that night. :)

Yes, you did! "She's hard to miss!" LOLOLOL!

Not that good a shepherdess... you lost them, after all.

Too much riff-raff on the Main Street. Unavoidable in those circumstances.

I thought maybe you'd taken a Lyft, Uber or Minnie Van, until I read the next line...

I"m way too cheap for that. And it's fun hearing the comments on the cattle car.

Definitely a Disney bus.

Mooooo....

Those guys were great! Totally in character.

So perfectly deadpan. Kinda like the Beefeaters.

Just worms. For fishing. Totally innocent.

Of course! Why didn't I think of that?!

Hard to see where you're going without eyes, ya know.

He had eyes! Carved from a vegetable, but he did have them.

Headed?

I see what you did there. ::yes::

;) I'm glad someone's reading!

And yet... how cool would it be if you could ride with him at the start of the parade????

Oh. My. Gosh! They should Golden Ticket that one.

Sheep?
Sure.
You can shear them.
Surely.

... and stop calling me Shirley!

As long as there's no tombstone with:

Here lies Bo Peep's Sheep.
Once alive,
Now six feet deep.

Brilliant!! :worship:

I'm not fond of doing chores.

Is anyone?

Never accept a drink from a stranger.

I can see it now, the headline reads:

"Rufied in Disney"

Oops. Sorry. That was me.

Sure it wasn't your pigs?

I love those! They're hilarious! :laughing:

I know!! :lmao:

Bwock, bwooooock...

Ohhhh… So that's what happened.

Every story has 2 sides...

Thanks for that. In my state, I don't think I could've swum very well.

Rum catching up to ya?

Had no idea!
But... at least she tacks their tails back on.
Reminds me of Pin the Tail on the Donkey...

I think this game would be a little louder. And a tad more brutal.

Nope!
I've always thought of V day as for lovers... not parental or sibling love.

Huh, I'm not sure I have. But then again, while I've always wanted to do a little something for my kids, I never seem to follow through. I think it's supposed to celebrate all kinds of love, but yes, is generally reserved for erotic, not agape love.

Love your Bo Peep costume! You really aced the party costumes this year.

It was a successful party x2 year!
I feel a little guilty after reading everyone's replies, because I do zilch for my kids on Valentine's. :rotfl2: I help Landon make/address cards for his class but that's it. I just bought a couple boxes of Girl Scout cookies, so I guess I could show my love to them tomorrow by sharing some. :laughing:
And while I read everyone's replies, and had great intentions, I did absolutely NOTHING. LOL!! I did get to go out with my #3 yesterday for a lovely breakfast, and watched a movie with #5 on Friday night, there was zilcho done. Maybe next year.

I think for me to share my G.S. cookies, it'd have to depend on what kind. They can have all the shortbread ones they want. They touch my thin mints and they lose an arm.

Another over the top costume! I really appreciate your Disney esprit de corps.

It was such fun spending the time and effort to put them all together! I thought on what I'd be for MONTHS. Makes the parties WAY more fun!

Such a testament to your innate motherhood and nursing heart that Little Bo Sheep has a smile on his (or her?) face through all of the trials of the evening. S/he felt very safe in your arms.

🐑

Awww, my little bitsy lambkins. :) Baaaaa... It may be a train wreck, but we'll all get home safely.

Man, Disney is really letting itself go these days.

You should check out the American Pavilion outdoor dining area sometime.

Oh, like that would ever happen.

Ever lost a toddler in a park? Easier than you think...

Like I was saying...

It's like you could write this drivel!

I think they're trying to find Rise of the Resistance boarding passes.

:lmao:
I feel like you buried the lede here. How exactly was he muttering?

Through his jagged pumpkiny mouth of course!

I'm sure the guys are lining up for that one!

According to the tombstones, they did.
Looks like he got what he deserved!

LOL! Nothing like a nice thwack on the head.

Thank goodness!....I think.

So you're saying I should have pushed him back in?

Nope! We do absolutely nothing. Julie and I both feel it's a Hallmark holiday, so we don't bother with it. Date nights and declarations of love mean more when it's our decision, not mandated by an obligatory date on the calendar. :thumbsup2
I can see that point for sure as well. Still I don't mind the cupcakes in the lounge.

Also, the gifts and candy are 50% off on Feb. 15.
Now we're getting somewhere!

Well that was quite an adventure! Glad you found your sheep in the end!

Me too!! Although they'd have come home eventually if left alone. ;)

That costume was very clever and cute. You certainly worked in your share of photo ops! Good job! I was wondering if the elders were going to work out to be the Dwarves.
Now THAT would have been clever! Shoot!!! I wished I'd thought of that, but didn't want to stand in a long line for them. Poop.

I am happy to read that you are back to work! I hope things improved this week with regard to pain and feeling more comfortable with what you are doing.

This week did go better and I wasn't quite as tired as last. Still come home sore, but generally doing better with an upward trend. Thanks for all of your encouragement!
I loved both your costumes for both the parties. So cute. But the best was the male Alice! Very clever!
Thanks!! We all had so much fun!

I will tell Zach he did well! :)

What a wonderful tradition of buying something in each Pavilion. I love the rules! The bowl and piece from Japan are my favorites.
I really like that you use these in everyday life and don’t just put them away in a drawer to be forgotten!

I would have to say Japan is my favorite pavilion, mainly for the store, gardens, and food choices!

It is hard to imagine another pavilion added to the 11, I absolutely loved traveling to Australia so I will pick that. How fun to have a lush rainforest and a red desert in one spot

Thinking about you and hoping you are feeling better each week!
We need to talk soon!

If you could add another pavilion which country would you choose and why?
I would add Peru! Great food, incredible merchandise options, and iconic architecture. One of the most incredible places I’ve ever traveled to. There’s a movie tie-in, too.

I can amble, I can wander, I can even sashay, but I saunter best. Because it’s the best way to take in and enjoy World Showcase.
Sauntering around World Showcase is the best....even better with a beverage in hand!
I won’t expound on how dismal the merch is in there again but simply post this coaster I picked up. It actually DOES get used by my roommate every night, so sure, useful. Do I love it? No. But it’s not a hockey puck, so there’s that.
As a proud Canadian, I find the whole Canadian pavilion embarrassing. In no way, shape or form does it represent our contry. And don't even get me started on the schlock they sell in the Mercantile shop. It's just wrong. :(
Yes, I Googled that and have no idea where the Magdalen Islands are except that they must be near Quebec.
The Magdalen Islands are located in the Gulf of St Lawrence about a 4 hour ferry ride northeast of Prince Edward Island (where I grew up). Although it is part of Quebec, geographically it is closer to the Maritime provinces. I've never been there but there is a thriving tourist economy in the summer months. It's especially popular for cycling, camping and hiking.
This year, I found a Cheshire Cat coaster to match the Alice one I already had.
I love those! Adding them to my shopping list for this summer!
A little pouchy-pursey thing that I can use for traveling to put makeup or doodads in. I love the Provence-style stuff they have in the (better) shop that’s next to the perfume shop. NOT the one that only sells Paris stuff crap.
That is such a pretty bag!
It didn’t take long to find a little take home gift for myself. This little bowl, along with the piece I got in Japan, sit on my antique family heirloom highchair and holds my keys at the end of the day. It brings a little smile to my face every morning and every evening.
Such a beautiful colour!
I do, however, adore VOL and catch them almost every trip, and love the American Adventure show but haven’t seen it in far too long.
VOL cannot be beat!
I’m going to throw in a bonus here and mention that by the time we got to Italy, we were hot, sweaty, and needing a sit-down break badly. It definitely wasn’t in the plan to visit the Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar, but it was the closest thing I could find to get us into some air conditioning that wasn't a meal so we could re-charge a bit. Mikki ordered a belini, Zach ordered a Coke and Anara stuck with water. I, on the other hand, got a beautiful wine flight called Under a Tuscan Sun. Wonderful!
Adding this to my must try list!
This is where I got my nurse on before I shopped. After holding bags of puke, I found a perfect little something that I absolutely LOVE! This cute little bag is my little travel buddy that holds my charging cords and adapters. It’s the perfect size to tuck into my carryon bag and hold everything all together in one place.
Perfect!
I’ll stop here because it’s time to make another cup of coffee and get this posted so I can actually catch up around here. I hate that I can only be a Weekend DISser anymore. I’m working 5 days a week like most of you and am picking up on-call shifts on the weekends when they are available. Surgeries, new cars, and a cruises don’t pay for themselves…
No, they certainly don't.
What is your favorite pavilion in World Showcase and why?
I really love the UK pavilion. I love the gardens, the band, the shops, finding two of my favourite characters there, the bar and the overall atmosphere. It would be practically perfect in every way if it wasn't for the most dismal restaurant in Disney.
If you could add another pavilion which country would you choose and why?
I would pick India. Indian culture is so rich and complex, dating back thousands of years. I adore Indian food as well and would love to see a really good Indian restaurant in World Showcase.

What a wonderful tradition of buying something in each Pavilion. I love the rules! The bowl and piece from Japan are my favorites.
I really like that you use these in everyday life and don’t just put them away in a drawer to be forgotten!

It's been fun to do once a year. I used to only go every few years, then once a year, and now a few times a year. Doing it too often isn't necessary, but once a year is fun to see what's new that would be useful and nice reminders of the pavilions. I think honestly, the cermamics are my favorites too. Classy and nice as accents on furniture or just plain useful. Although, I think from this last haul, the little bag from China was the winner.

I would have to say Japan is my favorite pavilion, mainly for the store, gardens, and food choices!

That one is growing on me. I think I like to spend a lot more time in there now than I used to and next time want to do the sake tasting. I'd definitely go back to Takumi as well.

It is hard to imagine another pavilion added to the 11, I absolutely loved traveling to Australia so I will pick that. How fun to have a lush rainforest and a red desert in one spot

OH that would be a good one! I'd love to see how Disney would pull that off!

Thinking about you and hoping you are feeling better each week!
We need to talk soon!

Each week is a little better. :) Arm is still jacked up, but as long as I stick on my Gaba at regular intervals I'm mostly good.

YES! We do. I have... propositions.

I would add Peru! Great food, incredible merchandise options, and iconic architecture. One of the most incredible places I’ve ever traveled to. There’s a movie tie-in, too.
First off... :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: It's always just SO MUCH FUN when I see new readers chiming in and joining the banter!! It's great to have you here!

I always thought that the S Amerian countries would fit in well at AK, but they didn't do that, so I agree, an addition of something Latin would be amazing in WS! The food, the music, some Machu... it'd be perfect! And yes, always that movie tie in to draw in more folks. :)

Sauntering around World Showcase is the best....even better with a beverage in hand!

Indeed!

As a proud Canadian, I find the whole Canadian pavilion embarrassing. In no way, shape or form does it represent our contry. And don't even get me started on the schlock they sell in the Mercantile shop. It's just wrong. :(

They could do so much better. :(

The Magdalen Islands are located in the Gulf of St Lawrence about a 4 hour ferry ride northeast of Prince Edward Island (where I grew up). Although it is part of Quebec, geographically it is closer to the Maritime provinces. I've never been there but there is a thriving tourist economy in the summer months. It's especially popular for cycling, camping and hiking.

Thanks for that! I was trying so hard to get caught up around the DIS that I just couldn't take the time to really research it. After a safari in East Africa, the Maritimes are on my bucket list.

I love those! Adding them to my shopping list for this summer!

I do hope they roll out another couple of characters so I can build a set. I like the style. Kinda a Goth style and not overtly Disney.

That is such a pretty bag!

I love it, and I love the size.

Such a beautiful colour!

I love green anything.

Adding this to my must try list!

It's the only place like it on the "backside" of WS that I can think of. Not a full meal but TS and almost always walk-in availability.

No, they certainly don't.

I'll catch up, but it'll take time. :)

I really love the UK pavilion. I love the gardens, the band, the shops, finding two of my favourite characters there, the bar and the overall atmosphere. It would be practically perfect in every way if it wasn't for the most dismal restaurant in Disney.

I love it too when I want a little quiet (when the band's not playing). It's usually fairly emptyish and quiet back behind there and shaded. So a nice place to sit for a bit against a building and catch up on notes or just rest.

I would pick India. Indian culture is so rich and complex, dating back thousands of years. I adore Indian food as well and would love to see a really good Indian restaurant in World Showcase.
So far we've got 2 really good suggestions! India would be another SUPER good addition. I can see the foods, the music Baliwood style as BGM, dancers, a forced perspective Taj... wowza!

First off, love your Disney haul. What a bunch of cute, little pieces!

I think I made out well this year. :) Lots of useful and fun things. Except the postcard. LOL!
My favorite pavilion in Epcot would probably be Mexico. Why??? Because I LOVE La Cava!!!
LOL!! I love that you love a pavilion for its bar. ;) Have you tried Tutto Gusto yet? You might like that one too.

In fact we, as a group, were a big hit and I gotta say, that was 90% of the fun for this party.

DD loves the attention when she Cosplays @ cons.

IMG_2273-L.jpg

Love all the Fall decorations. Hopefully someday I can see them in person.

Especially if you do it right at 4:00, or even 5:00 when we did, when no one else has chili dogs on the brain.

We found mobile ordering worked really well here.

Love this!

Because Dole Whips have NOTHING on Peter Pan Floats.

I don't know about that, but I did enjoy the Peter Pan Float when I finally got one.

Either way, it was a FANTASTIC Meet full of amazing smiles, fun interactions, and general happiness.

This does look fun and your group looks fabulous!

I was over-the-top impressed he recognized their costumes and interacted on the fly to THAT character!!

I love good character interaction.

Wanna post photos of clever costumes you've seen in the past at parties? If you don't have any, would dressing up make your party more fun or be a burden and detract from it for you? What have you done for costumes in the past? Or are you a t-shirt and call it good kind of party-goer?

I haven't been to a Halloween party yet so I don't have any. Not sure what I would do but staying cool would be important.

Thanks for that! I was trying so hard to get caught up around the DIS that I just couldn't take the time to really research it. After a safari in East Africa, the Maritimes are on my bucket list.
Well when you do get around to the Maritimes let me know. I worked for PEI tourism all through university. Plus, if you are down in the summer I am usually at my cottage for a month or so. You would have an open invite to visit! :)
I love green anything.
My favourite colour too!
So far we've got 2 really good suggestions! India would be another SUPER good addition. I can see the foods, the music Baliwood style as BGM, dancers, a forced perspective Taj... wowza!
I think it would be amazing!

Loved you costume and fun photos.

With Valentine's Day coming up, do you give your kids (if you have them) a little gift? Or do you exchange or give anything with anyone other than a sweetheart? Work is having a potluck (any reason for food, right?) but I'm also thinking of doing a little something for each of my close-by kiddos this year (it'll be a first).

DH and I did diner and a movie for Valentine's Day. We sent Danielle a package to Orlando and cards to DS and Michelle. We also split keeping JP for the weekend w/Michelle's in-laws so she could travel to spend the weekend with her husband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter