ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

This is seriously cool. I love meeting other fans. In fact one of the other Disers just told me that there is a local group here too...who knew!! I hope I can go to their next gethering!

It was a nice bunch of folks. Lots of Disney discussion and good old fashioned fun. You should definitely check your group out. They may turn into life time friends that starts with a common interest. Let me know if you get to!

This cracked me up because on our trip my DD was constantly annoyed by how many times I was in search of restrooms...luckily they aren't usually too far away at WDW.

Nope never too far and an attraction all to themselves. LOL! The Disney bathroom fan club!

Those giraffe pics are seriously amazing. I don't know which excites me more...close ups of animals or food lol but I'm glad your TR has both!

Thanks! I love how close we got to them!

Food in the very next chapter- and a LOT of it!!!!

I don't blame you. I've done it twice and wouldn't mind doing it again sometime!

It's definitely one I'd do again as well. Although, the Train Tour and the Wild Trek first though I think.

:sad2: Yes, I did.

Aren't you glad this TR is over. ;)

That's new! I never got a pre-trip snack. Did they give you a little snack while you were on the Savannah?

I'm not sure when they started doing that. It would have been fun to have a snack on the safari, but honestly, that we got to meet "Applesauce" was really very cool. I LOVE learning about other cultures and places and this fit really nicely into the whole experience. I like that they are utilizing their overseas CMs in this way.

And possibly from the looks of him, he may not have been interested in you or your daughter! Let's just say guys who are really cute and pretty are usually looking for something (or someone) else. :rolleyes1

Of this I am abundantly aware. ;) Ah well...

You were so caught up in his good looks that you were hanging on his every word? I won't go into all the random details that my silly mind stores from trips like this.....

LOL! No, not really. I was trying to hard to keep from getting heartburn from the "snack" + bumpy truck ride.

I should have taken notes, but honestly, I was just too busy taking photos.

I can tell that because there really is a specific order to which animals you see when, that is providing that you entered through the Pembe Savannah first and then through the Sunset Savannah, to the Arusha Savannah followed by the Uzima Savannah.....Each one has slightly different animals. The Pembe Savannah is the only one that doesn't have giraffe, but they have Okapi. They also have the Red River Hogs.

Very nice pictures though....I love the ones up close of the giraffe feeding.

Yes, there is, but I mixed them together with the ones off my phone and PB screwed everything up. I wasn't too worried, and just wanted to give an overview of the tour. The main thing was that we indeed get very close!

Interesting I looked that up and one are Grant's Zebra the others are Hartland Mountain Zebra. A fun fact that I did not know!

Yes! And who knew?! He pointed out the differences and it was obvious once he did.

And as for making you Google. I do that almost every time I read updates. Especially @franandaj 's or @Flossbolna 's.

Ugh, you have to Google things on my TR? :confused3 I try to Google things first so that everything is clear. There is another person's TRs that I read and she is not American, so what she thinks is common knowledge, I am going ((((what)))). I try not to do that with my own TRs.

The main thing was that we indeed get very close!

Yes you do! I did the nighttime safari most recently (and even that was probably 3 years ago), it was great fun as well, but not so good for pictures.

Yes! And who knew?! He pointed out the differences and it was obvious once he did.

Now that you mention it, they told us that on our safari too, and I completely forgot about it! My favorite factoid was that they have a different musical percussion instrument to draw the animals into the barn in the morning. One was a cowbell, perhaps a triangle was another, but each of the savannahs had their own instrument and all the animals recognized it. But they also said it wasn't totally necessary because the animals were practically waiting to go in at their designated time because they get hungry. Kind of like the way my cats circle around my feet when they hear cans being opened!

I'm so far behind I don't know where to start! Have you talked about details of your next trip yet?

I'm not really doing a PTR per se. I do have some plans, and some ADRs, but am mostly going to just wind down and get some relaxing in. I see myself having long meals and lots of strolling with my camera. Of course, there's Dapper Days and a party. I'm hoping we can meet up for a short hello and hug too. :) I PMd you, so let me know!

I'm going to go back 50 or so pages and see if I can get caught up :hug:

I'm probably just as behind as you are! UGH!!

Hi Liesa
The Wanyama tour look so worth it your animal photos were so good liked the photo of the vulture and the stork not often you can get close to one of them.You imparted some new info to myself about animal Kingdom. Never knew that there was two separate entity's running the animals in animal Kingdom.The info about the different zebras was informative as well.How long did the tour last. I did see the hidden Mikey on the photo of the giraffes body you must have very good eye sight that you where able to deciphere it and take a close up photo of it. A meal planned with some dignitaries I bet the food and the wines will be worth going for as well.

Hey There!

It was very worth it!! Lots of interesting information and as you'll see... amazing food!

The birds were fabulous and the ostrich and others were preening and giving displays of terretorialism for is! Pretty cool to see. I'm glad I could pass along some fun new info for you! That's why I love these tours so much.

The tour was from like 4-8 or so by the time you left Jiko. I think we were on the Savanah about an hour and a half all total.

I have no idea what to expect for the gala in Sierra Leone. None. I hear they eat a lot of fish. And veggies. I just don't know. But I'll take a fancy dress and do my best to impart enthusiasm for our cause.

Hi Liesa! Sorry to be so MIA. I have been reading in the mornjngs, but running out of time to comnent. Crazy busy with shutting down the clinic, and starting the new job. I'm still working part time for one of the docs to finish up her billing stuff. There is alot if "after" work that happens.

Hey Tammie!

I totally understand the MIA thing. I"m that way on MOST EVERY other thread I'm reading. It's frustrating. Just other priorities right now with things. I cannot even imagine what shutting down one business would be like and switching to another! Gee whiz, that's gotta be NUTS! And moonlighting on top of that! You're a crazy woman! But, it's good income, I know. And will eventually turn into a trip down the road.

So cool about your special celebrity dinner at WL! So fun that your neighbor hooked you up. I love that resort, but always felt it was too much like home and wanted something different. Now that I live in the South, I would love that "home" feeling. We had one of our favorite dining experiences there at WCC believe it or not. It was just Jim and I and he let them know he didn't want to "play" and they seated us in the overflow area, which is a little outcropping into the lobby next to the creek. We had some pot roast or meat loaf something like that. Delicious comfort food. I also spent some time just sitting in a huge rocking chair out on the front deck with the most delicious glass of cab. I wish I had kept track of the brand.

That sounded like a really nice meal you and Jim had. I love getting seated in the little out of the way alcoves and just chillin'.

I can see how it'd have an appeal now that you're not "in it". Like you say, a kind of "home coming".

I'm so excited you and your family got to experience the Safari! You got some great animal shots! That zebra face is amazing! Looking forward to more. Happy Monday! Hope things stay somewhat sane during the eclipse

I'd like to try the Wild Trek someday. Disney has so many really neat tours! THanks! I loved getting so close and seeing them be so calm with us around.

We chose to stick close to home on Monday rather than fight the traffic. Which there was a LOT of. Some highways were literally backed up for 5-9 HOURS! No thanks. I cooked myself into a horrific sunburn and am paying for it today. But it was absolutely beautiful. Just a stunning display of God's Creation.

That just happens most of the time, in general.

Yes.

They suck.

You suck.

I don't always catch a bus within half an hour, but when I do, IN YO FACE!

There's a cure, but it takes about 10 years to work. :rolleyes1

Ah the cure of hope, pray, and time. Got it.

Actually makes a lot of sense and I assumed that was the case. Although I'm thinking about it from a farmer's mentality, but I always assumed it was the same for a zoo. Separate herds and maintenance programs means better control over the health and control of disease.

This is very true. And it made total sense when they talked about it. It really gave me an appreciation for the animal science that goes into making a successful zoo program like AK/AKL's. On a similar note, how is this year's crop production doing this year? Prediction?

How do you know it is unintentional? I believe you did mention that they have a breeding program... :rolleyes1

You have an excellent point! Somehow they manage to "breed" Mickey cukes in the greenhouse. :duck:

One in the same... :rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Who would want to blow up a giraffe?

Who would want to blow up a perfectly good heli?

Try not to embarrass yourself!

Then what would I write about? :confused3

Just wanted to say hi. I'm caught up on your chapters.

After reading your Artist Point chapter I went and changed our WDW ressie to Wilderness Lodge! It's so expensive! Will you help me pay for it since it was your idea? :laughing: So thanks for that. I did have us staying at a mod. Of course there's over a year till the trip so our resort could change.

Perfectly wonderful company..... for perfectly wonderful company! We absolutely loved all of our time together, although it passed way too fast! :worried:

Awww, we love you guys too! Let's do it again sometime!

What a great looking couple..... love to meet them some day. :rolleyes1

Me too!

Yeah, me either! Well at least until someone influenced me otherwise...... :blush:

Moi?

Hey, I've been disparaged by better! Come to think of it I've been disparaged by lesser too...... :scratchin

I wonder where @englishrose47 IS?!

Steppesistericity?

Very, very close!

So other than Anara, who else went along?

Only she and I. $$

You shouldn't talk about Anara like that. You'll hurt her feelings.

Yes, I only felt like a she-lion an hour after a fresh kill.

Is that what you use to prod the animals out of the way?

I couldn't prod too much! Then I wouldn't have gotten any photos!

This is possible?

Why yes, it is!

Got it! And so far you're the only one! You might win if you keep that up!

I know a few people with TTIBBS.

The struggle is REAL! REAL, I tell you!

Well, technically, I'm glad I didn't see it. Posting photos probably would get you banned.

EEK! Well we can't have that!

"crappy" photos? So not just TTBS?

And... I zoomed... but... nope.

Given enough Casey's... ;)

Yeah, thought not. In my defense, phone camera + dark room = blurry photos.

You are!!! Yay!

I am, I am!!!

:sad2:
No. Unfortunately there's no cure. Scientists are working around the clock.

Andy says there is; takes 10 years.

Ah, ha! I see what you want.
Does this mean you're leaving the harem?
:upsidedow

Alison assures you that you have no reason to worry!

:laughing: Lovely image.
And you're just saying that because of what Anara said:

Why thank you. :joker:

What about the fork for prodding?

It had to be used on me to get me to move out of my chair after dinner.

... that seems fairly specific.
And interesting too!

I did remember a FEW things. :yay:

You've got some great shots there... but these are my faves.

I like those ones too! Great tour for getting some unique ones of AKL.

Derp face.

o_O

No. This is totally do-able. I'm sure of it. Mark will back me up.

This I've got to hear!

Sounds like you had a productive day!
Good luck with all the planning.

It was... but sooooooooooo much more to do!

Just watching your total eclipse at Charlston South Carolina on the BBC News channel.Last bit ( Charlston was last to get the total effect ) of it has totally travelled across your country. Moments ago we seen your president watching it on the white house balcony. It was most impressive hopefully most of yourselves got to view it.

Yes, Charlston was last, we were nearly first (an hour off the coast, we are). so from both coasts! Nice! I saw one in elementary school in 1979, but remember very little other than standing on the playground watching it by way of shadow on paper with pinholes. I wished we'd had glasses then. But yes, a once in a lifetime event for me really. I could travel to see another, but that's a way's off.

I was in the path of totality in upstate South Carolina. I think I got some really good pictures but will have to wait until I get home to verify. Totality without eclipse glasses is an unbelievable sight! Didn't look like my pictures did it justice.

I hope you can post some here!! Or with your permission, I can from the ones you put on FB. Yes? @GoofyFan1515 ??

Hopefully your photos will be excilent. Something to remember for the rest of your life not many will be able to say I was there a once in a lifetime experience for most.

They were! I can attest!

But the giraffe would make a dramatic escape and come parachuting back safely to earth...
upload_2017-8-21_15-13-1-jpeg.263645

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

You win.

Also awesome! Sounds amazing! :)
We got to see... clouds! So cool! They were off white with rain falling from them. Isn't that amazing???

Ah nuts! :( I saw a funny meme that said, "The only time in history that people have come to Oregon to SEE the sun!". :laughing:

It must have been amazing. Only 60% here. I was watching your area live online. We're you flying?

It was! That moment it hit totality and we all took off our glasses we literally cheered. It was absolutely stunning and humbling. I was not flying, but plenty of folks were. My teeny tiny Class G airfield had 12 large regional jets fly in, and over 70 small aircraft. They were parking planes on old taxiways, grassy areas, and stacked them on the apron. Amazing!

What an awesome tour! Its on my list of things to do eventually!

It was really very well worth every penny. Easily one I'd do again!

Looked awesome, but looking forward to the next part. nom nom

Coming up sometime before November! :laughing::rolleyes:

Have you done the Wild Africa Trek tour at Animal Kingdom? Just wondering of the two, which would be preferred?

I have not, but I think @franandaj have? Maybe? I think?

Great you got to see it I thought you may have been sleeping after one of your night shift's.

Nope, not this week at all. I"m so happy! (about no night shift! LOL!!)

D'oh! C'mon, Wine Lady, a little help here!

Right?!

This is how I feel about the Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach Club area. Whereas Wilderness Lodge feels really exotic to me!

THen I'm not the only one who has this... thing... about seeing something "new".

Cool shot!

Thanks! :)

I'm coming, I promise! 2019!

YAY!! Things to do, places to see, BBQ to eat!

She's awfully good at that!

:yes:

YES! Gladly.

Sorry, zoned out there for a few minutes.

Glad you could re-join us!

And I'm out.

It doesn't take much to find foods of MarkAversion.

:scared1: Wow, that's awfully harsh! If you want to bite a live cow, just say so. Personally, I like medium. But I'm not a vampire.

Too much potential for hairs in my mouth. Otherwise... :P

I had to Google. Sounds like a cool meet!

I will do a TR on that at some point. Very high caliber speakers!

Dang. Sorry it's not going as you'd hoped/planned.

Still working at it, but it's like pulling teeth to get anything done!

So do you mean animals alone, or any photo with an animal in it?

Let's say photos with animals alone. As in no people. :)

Look, you can just tag me if you want to mention me. :rotfl2:

:lmao:

I'm going to go with Sheena, Queen of the West.

So much more creative than I'd have done. Although Applesauce has a certain ring to it.

I'm sorry. Would you like to borrow my taser?

Tasers might work almost as well as the dinner bell. (Yes, we actually have one and use it. )

Wow! Hey, mind if I shoot this gun back here?

Hey, no bag check!! Great idea.

I had no idea. That's fascinating! I had no idea there were two separate zebra species, either.

By the comments here, I gather that most folks didn't know. I certainly didn't.

In the spirit of the internet, I will refuse to believe this statement, even though you provided photographic proof.

Proof seems not to matter these days. ;)

I see a Hidden Mickey!

Disney strategically placed that one there as the most expensive one to find.

Hey! I can't help it. Exploding helicopters are the bacon of the literary world.

So it's virtual bacon?

Worthless.

Like Andy said, nobody wants to do that to a giraffe. You might want to do it to the bus after waiting that long, though.

Tanya had a pretty good, and very plausible I might add, alternative ending. @mom3sonstt

Ugh, you have to Google things on my TR? :confused3 I try to Google things first so that everything is clear. There is another person's TRs that I read and she is not American, so what she thinks is common knowledge, I am going ((((what)))). I try not to do that with my own TRs.

Oh it's not a bad thing at all!

1) I'm an information junky. I like to dig a bit deeper and get all detaily like.
2) There's a LOT about Disney I don't know. Here are some examples:

Kurt Russel as a wine maker and his winery. Didn't even know he did wine. Then rabbit trailed into his movies. Which led to probably 3 other searches.
Every time you post a port of call I've never heard of, I google where it is, and find out more about it. Then I have to dig a bit about the ships some, and invariably there's a dish you've eaten and wonder if there's recipe I could make. There was some sauce recently you posted about.... had no clue. Had to find out!

See? Just the usual figuring stuff out. I like it! You ARE very detailed for sure, but sometimes I get distracted! ...squirrel!

Yes you do! I did the nighttime safari most recently (and even that was probably 3 years ago), it was great fun as well, but not so good for pictures.

It's on my list for sure!! Several tours are in fact!

Now that you mention it, they told us that on our safari too, and I completely forgot about it! My favorite factoid was that they have a different musical percussion instrument to draw the animals into the barn in the morning. One was a cowbell, perhaps a triangle was another, but each of the savannahs had their own instrument and all the animals recognized it. But they also said it wasn't totally necessary because the animals were practically waiting to go in at their designated time because they get hungry. Kind of like the way my cats circle around my feet when they hear cans being opened!

Now THAT is cool! That vaguely rings a bell, but it's fun hearing it again. yes, I do remember that now. So neat!

And yes, I can picture the cat swarm at your feet at feeding time. You recently got a new addition, did you not? FB? Update? I"m so behind over there. Am just finishing up replies here (2 hours later!!) and am hitting threads next. Coooommming, Alison!!

Just wanted to say hi. I'm caught up on your chapters.

Well, hi there, Stranger! Long time, no see.

After reading your Artist Point chapter I went and changed our WDW ressie to Wilderness Lodge! It's so expensive! Will you help me pay for it since it was your idea? :laughing: So thanks for that. I did have us staying at a mod. Of course there's over a year till the trip so our resort could change.

Really!?!? That's quite a jump. And really exciting, Carrie! I don't think you'll be sorry, it truly is an awe-inspiring reward. LOL! I am trying to raise $$ to go to Africa! If I can't, I will pay myself so, sorry, I can't. Between my own trip and Sierra Leone directly after, my bank account will be hungry.

With Pat and Marv along?
Of this, I have no doubt.

Hey - I resemble that remark!

Please Disney. Leave this alone.

I agree!!!!

::yes:: Did you play them all? I've only done two, I think.

Playing again for souvenirs.

They're such a cute couple! Love them to pieces. :)

:love::love::love: Love you too Liesa!!!

paging @Poolrat and @GoofyFan1515 ... you are being disparaged.

HAHAA I am here to defend our honor!!!!???? Better late than never.....

"kerfuffle" sounds naughty??? :laughing:

I use kerfuffle all the time, must be a Canadian thing since a former employee of mine also used it and she is Canadian.

Perfectly wonderful company..... for perfectly wonderful company! We absolutely loved all of our time together, although it passed way too fast! :worried:

I totally agree!

I agree with no timeitis. Just a weird time right now with little free time. Sometimes I read on phone and well you know how commenting there is.

The Wanyama tour looks amazing as do your meal at AP. I love the boat ride to and from there- except in severe lightning, then not so much.
So. MANY. ANIMALS. You done great there booking that one. As always I hope to be back soon but time is short these days.:guilty:

:love::love::love: Love you too Liesa!!!

HAHAA I am here to defend our honor!!!!???? Better late than never.....

Yes, it IS good to have you pop in!

I use kerfuffle all the time, must be a Canadian thing since a former employee of mine also used it and she is Canadian.

Maybe? I'd have to ask the Canadians. CALLING ALL CANADIAN READERS!

I totally agree!

I agree with no timeitis. Just a weird time right now with little free time. Sometimes I read on phone and well you know how commenting there is.

But, but.... it's been that way for you ever so long!

The Wanyama tour looks amazing as do your meal at AP. I love the boat ride to and from there- except in severe lightning, then not so much.
So. MANY. ANIMALS. You done great there booking that one. As always I hope to be back soon but time is short these days.:guilty:

Both were very nice! The boat ride can get pretty chilly at night. And yes, I"ve been on it during lightening. They're pretty good at stopping the boats from launching, but yikes!!

Loads of animals!! This tour was a major winner!

And just think only 4, maybe 5, more updates to go! 2nd half of this one, X, Y, and Z. And possibly a wrap up, bonus chapter. Then the big reveal as one of those!

I already suspect I didn't win. Ah well.

Then onto the Keys.

Yay! I've always wanted to go there.

In all your spare time. Yes, yes, you should! :lmao:

I've got nothing but free time! Tons of it!!! Tons!!!!

He is usually with the Foresters when he gets them. And we haven't died yet....

I love how you throw in that "yet". :laughing:

Yes you do!!! And I should know, I won some! ;)

::yes::

There's always good seafood at the coast.

yum!

I did some moon shots last year; it was harder than I thought!

12049487_1074478189231117_8882513336796824756_n.jpg

Nice! Love the trees in silhouette.

As Disney bathrooms go, fairly boring. I don't remember much about it. Not like Norway's the new Fantasyland Tinkle Area or the Hoop de Doo men's.

"I don't remember"... "No like... the Hoop de Doo men's"...

so when exactly did you go in there?

Only she and I. $$

Weren't the rest jealous?

Yes, I only felt like a she-lion an hour after a fresh kill.

:laughing:

I couldn't prod too much! Then I wouldn't have gotten any photos!

Macro lens?

Got it! And so far you're the only one! You might win if you keep that up!

Woot! I'll pm you several more times, then.

Wait.... is there an annoyance deduction?

The struggle is REAL! REAL, I tell you!

:laughing:

Given enough Casey's... ;)

And you want me to eat there?!?!?

Yeah, thought not. In my defense, phone camera + dark room = blurry photos.

Yeah.. .that'd do it alright.

Andy says there is; takes 10 years.

How does he know????

Alison assures you that you have no reason to worry!

Oh? Did I miss something?

It had to be used on me to get me to move out of my chair after dinner.

I like those ones too! Great tour for getting some unique ones of AKL.

It certainly seems so!

It was... but sooooooooooo much more to do!

:hug:

Ah nuts! :( I saw a funny meme that said, "The only time in history that people have come to Oregon to SEE the sun!". :laughing:

My teeny tiny Class G airfield had 12 large regional jets fly in, and over 70 small aircraft. They were parking planes on old taxiways, grassy areas, and stacked them on the apron. Amazing!

So cool! Any pictures?

Hey - I resemble that remark!

:rolleyes:

Could be...

Maybe? I'd have to ask the Canadians. CALLING ALL CANADIAN READERS!

Geez! You don't have to shout. Heard you way up here! Now what's all this kerfuffle about?

On a similar note, how is this year's crop production doing this year? Prediction?
Hard to say. It has been a stressful growing season. We planted, we replanted about 2/3 of our acres, we suffered from too much rain early and not enough here the last few weeks while it is filling out. On top of that, southern rust has made it's way up to central Indiana this year in the corn. I think it is late enough that it shouldn't hurt us too much, but once it sets in, it can kill the plant in less than 2 weeks. Some guys in southern Indiana had it last year and claimed it took about 40 bushels per acre off the yield where they had it. I think we might be close to average yields, but just a tad below.

Okay, Ladies and Gentlemen,

Tonight's the last class for Ground School. This by no means the end of this path in learning to fly. Nope! Really only the beginning! This is definitely one hobby that involves a lifetime of learning. I have a little mini exam tonight which will help me assess where I'm at in what I've learned/retained and will help to guide me in studying this Fall and Winter. My goal is to take the FAA written exam by February. Honestly, I had no idea how all-consuming coordinating this trip to Sierra Leone would be. But, today saw huge breakthroughs. Encouraged on that front!

My next update for my other thread is written, but I won't be able to proof it or insert photos until Saturday.

Meantime, carry on! Make a difference and live big!

Steppe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter